Quantcast
Cops shoot black man - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops shoot black man

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Default Cops shoot black man

WTF is wrong with our city. A guy attacks a fucking cop with a knife and even cuts him - so the cop does exactly what we're told he'll do and shoots the stupid fool.

Now because he's black, everyone is up in arms saying "Why did you shoot him, etc". Because he ATTACKED A COP WITH A KNIFE PERHAPS? I think it's the Herald this morning saying "oh boo hoo we're not going to trust cops now that one has shot one of our race".

ARGH.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

Idiots!!!

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

I know man, it is complete

But also, it's good that they're looking into it; anytime a cop has to shoot someone, it should always be investigated, just in case.

I just hate how as soon as something happens to a minority, the race card is pulled.

I don't think the cops in this town are racist, and seriously, if it were a white guy trying to stab him with a knife, it would be a similar story, reading like this: "A police officer shot a white male today after he was attacked and stabbed..."

So, to get hypothetical, what happens if a black cop shoots a white guy?????

My Ride
    FZ1

...becuase it gets attention from the media.
    More attention means more people buying papers more people waching the news which means more ratings and $$$.
    If it was white cop shoot white guy it would be a minor blurb in the papers.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by w3apon
    ...becuase it gets attention from the media.
    More attention means more people buying papers more people waching the news which means more ratings and $$$.
    If it was white cop shoot white guy it would be a minor blurb in the papers.
    Except it wasn't the media saying it. It was the Sudanese Association.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

The media hears the sudanese association say it and they'll repeat it to no end. The news always does that crap.

It's stupid, ask any sane person: if some guy attacked you with a knife, and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if they say no, they're full of shit.

My Ride
    E90 335i

They say. "why didn't the cop shoot him in the arms or legs". Well shit man, when someone is lunging at you with a knife, you aim at the biggest part, torso. I've never understood that argument by victims. Plus the guy looked pretty skinny in the pics, it'd take some time to aim and hit his legs and arms!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Cop did the right thing. I don't think all cops are racist. But what I've experience is that if something involves Asian ppl it's really big but if it involves cacausian ppl it's pretty quiet. I blame the stupid fucking media.

B17a;
    Exactly! Plus the fact that in any marksmanship course (that every cop goes through, amongst others) they say one thing and one thing only: "shoot for the torso." With a person moving their arms and legs around, and their arms and legs being so narrow, you'll never hit it. But the torso stays in one place and is the widest part to hit.

In a struggle like that, with the attacker moving violently and quickly, the cop doesn't have the time to pick his targets. He has to put the assailant down, NOW! And he did............
    Life is too short to follow the speed limit

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

minority card is always pulled on a white cop shooting a black guy. if a white cop shoots a white guy, it was like nothing happened. If u attack a cop, be prepared to be killed, no questions about it. cops arnt out to shoot people, cuz everytime they fire that gun, they have to file a huge ass report when they get back to the station, and cops hate filling out reports.

pulling the Minority card should be banned.

Originally posted by method
    The media hears the sudanese association say it and they'll repeat it to no end. The news always does that crap.

It's stupid, ask any sane person: if some guy attacked you with a knife, and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if they say no, they're full of shit.

i saw the thing on the news the same day and then read some of the reactions in the paper...
    ANY person in danger reacts in such a way to save their life... so what would happen if the cop got stabbed to death?
    if anyone attacks a cop like that you KNOW what's coming for you.

My Ride
    pedals

hahaha. what a screwed up situation. You calgary folk are strange. Up here in edmonton we just let all the gang guys kill each other. It works out for the better cause you know their racial issues in the gangs anyways. Plus they're far less accountable for some stupid reason.

the race card really pisses me off, as far as im concerned it makes the situation worse by deepening the stereotypical "hole" minorities are in. If people truely want equal rights, then pull up your socks and fucking act like it in the first place.

what the world needs to understand is that the color of your skin has nothing to do with how much of a fucking idiot you are.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    1993 BMW 325i

I gota agree with everyone here. if i were to run after the force with a knife or gun, i wouldnt expect someone to just stand there. for most people, its run scared, but cops gotta job to do. protekt there life and others around

i hope no one would raise stink if someone were to shoot my ass just cause im black. i probably deserved it at the time

but yah, i dun really care if your white, black, asian or mexican. if you threaten someones life, yours should be threaten to. sometimes they be killing you too.
    Once you go black, you never go back. The color of the car that is. ;o)

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

i just read the article on canada.com. i didn't like how they implied that if there were some wrong doing that it wouldn't be uncovered by the internal investigation. as much as i hate runnign into police on the road, i think that this officer was 100% justified in his actions. at the end of the day he is doing is job and has a responsibility to himself and to his family to return safe at the end of the day. what the hell was that guy thinking attacking a cop with a knife?? what is he suppposed to do? in that situation he only has one option and that is to protect himself.

*edit* here's the link http://www.canada.com/calgary/story....5-3C92416CBCE9
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

hahaha. what a screwed up situation. You calgary folk are strange. Up here in edmonton we just let all the gang guys kill each other. It works out for the better cause you know their racial issues in the gangs anyways.
    Yeah, but the only problem is that I worry that some innocent person (like my kid) will be walking by the gang banger's car when another banger unloads his gun into him. THAT'S why the cops want it stopped, not because of the bangers getting killed. Every banger killed is one less POS the cops have to deal with in the future.....
    Life is too short to follow the speed limit

My Ride
    E90 335i

Now, had this been NYPD or LAPD, I think the race-card pulling freedom lovers would have a case given the history, but I think by far and large, contrary to some people on Beyond the cops in Calgary are not racist, however that term can be taken relatively to other police forces.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

There's undoubtedly some information that hasn't come to light yet that will shed more light on what really happened. Remember that ... I think the guy was mexican or something a couple years ago that the cops "subdued". They beat the heck out of the guy, and there was a huge outcry from the minority community until they found out the guy was was hopped up on drugs and doing his level best to inflict as much damage on the cops arresting him as he could before they stuffed his ass in the squad car. That guy was supposedly "a pillar of the community" as well. The cops can't get away with putting a bullet in someone without a damn good reason for it, despite what the minorities seem to think (and getting stabbed is a damn fine reason). No one ever wants to believe that their friends and family are capable of the kind of stuff that justifies getting a lead sandwich, but desperate people can do crazy things that are totally out of character. Villifying the police force will not bring your friend back.
    Last edited by 4wheeldrift; 10-27-2003 at 06:54 PM.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

now theyre trying to force cops to carry tazers... it still wouldnt matter to me if somebody stabbed me and was about to stab me again... id reach for a gun over a tazer anyday if it was my life or his.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

What I don't understand, is on the news they said the sudanese community is asking for more awareness of cultural differences.

Does stabbing someone mean something different to sudanese people?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast