Quantcast
For all those bitching about Calgary drivers... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For all those bitching about Calgary drivers...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default For all those bitching about Calgary drivers...

Ya, it's completely fucked up here in India lol. I shot a quick vid of how shit's done here. See if you can count how many bitch threads would've been created if everyone complained lol.

I'll give a summary of events...

0:13 - A right turn (well same as our left turn). You basically go as close as possible, don't care about traffic coming your way, honk and go. Ignore all the guys on the other side of the road trying to make the same turn.

0:33 - OK a little tame here, the driver saw me pull out a camera and took it easy. Still, wandering the lanes looking for room. You'll hear me later telling him to drive normal (well I used as crazy as u want).

0:54 - You come up to a stop, you tailgate, or you lose your spot.

1:10 - We're stopped at a light (there's only lights at very major intersections, and only abide by it in the day). The bike in front sees a gap while everyone stops, and takes it to move ahead.

1:30 - Local hermaphrodite/tranny (really who the fuck can tell) asks stopped traffic for money. Apparently, if you don't pay them, they put a curse on you so your kids end up like them lol. Suckers.

2:00 - Yea, she/he's not really impressed that I'm videoing this shit lol.

2:05 - I think she put a curse on me for taking a "photograph". Dumb bitch, it's a video. Welcome to 2009. lol

2:26 - Alright, the fun begins. We start moving. No need to narrate here, this is how it's done! You find room, you just take it.

Ya this is the first time I pulled out a camera to shoot a vid of the driving. Weirder shit has happened. So bizarre here haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    LX 5.0

Haha, 50 percent man 50 percent woman!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

haha, well at least I know now how not to get harassed by them for money. Take a picture! I'll take all the curses you send me!

What's funny is, I've been here I think a month now, and I have yet to see a car accident. In Calgary, I see 2 a day. Makes you kinda wonder....
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V167

Welcome to INDIAaaaaaa where the cows eat hayyyyy and we drive auto rickshaws everyday.

Goat meat yummy sweets while monkeys roaming, the roosters don't crow till 5 in the morning.

LOL.

India driving is insanity but it also has some sense of order. I remember one time we were on a 2-lane undivided road, traffic is packed on both sides, this bus is approaching us down the CENTRE LINE at double the speed limit and everybody just makes way. Ppl on his side of the road move over, ppl on the other side move over, and he just keeps on trucking.

To top it all off.....the frame of the bus is bent....so as you see this bus coming at you head on you can also see the rear portion of it...Ie: /_/

You're right about tailgating at lights etc. If you don't get up close to the car ahead of you you can bet some rickshaw or scooter will....and there will be 10 ppl behind him....good luck getting moving once the light goes green and all these ppl cut ahead of you.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

sweet vid rage!

Fricken lunatic there, but it seems to work OK.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

How often are cars bumping into each other?

My Ride
    Upass

Speaking of Heshes, I just got back from India for my cousins wedding a little over a week ago and we had our own little run in with them. So apparently they are well organized into groups and each group has claim to certain sections of the city. So when they find out that you are having a big event (wedding, childs first birthday, shit like that) they will come to your house and they give you a card to lay claim that they were the first ones to your house and they have the right to any money you give out.

And like Raj2 said if you don't give them money they will put a curse on you and your family. I know it sounds really stupid but Indians in general are very supersticious so just to be safe and avoid and troubles they usualy just give them money.

Anyways heres some pics and a short vid of these broads in action, they showed up to the reception and here is the brides uncle trying to get rid of them. I don't know how much he gave them but it isn't cheap, its usualy around 10 to 20 thousand rupees, which is around $250 to 500 bucks.

Now I bet your all thinking to yourselves Indians are messed for actually giving into this bullshit and I agree, I couldn't believe people actually worried about being cursed by a hemaphrodite, but thats just the mind set there and really no one wants a bunch of heshes hanging around their party.

Last edited by Nav13; 05-29-2009 at 06:48 PM.

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

they have internet access? that driver was nuts a couple times i flinched because he was driving so close

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

That's insanity.

How fast were you travelling at the most?
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 88CRX
    How often are cars bumping into each other?
    Almost never. It's fucking shocking. I've yet to see a bump, and trust me, I've seen like a million cars already since I got here. What's crazy is some streets are left turns only (median blocking right turns), so to avoid a uturn, you drive on the wrong side of the road till the median either ends or is covered in dirt, dive across 3 real lanes of traffic (which really is like 8 lanes of cars and bikes), hope the median, and make your right turn lol.

There are a lot of cars that are bumped into when they're stopped, backing up, etc. and mostly at night, when apparently 1/2 the drivers are driving drunk. Or truckers that can't see moving backwards, cuz the trucks dont have mirrors.

Oh ya, and they have insane amount of checkstops. Every night, every 6 major intersections is fenced off, and you drive thru a checkstop. Only 1 cop so you get waved thru really quick, not really slowing down, and if they see u approaching erratically, you get busted. But you can bribe the cop for 100 rupees ($2.50) and he'll let you go haha.

Other crazy shit... bikes that have 5 ppl on them. I've only seen it once, and only have a picture of a bike with 4 ppl on it. I'm trying to get that elusive 5 man bike photo. Trucks that haul cargo (rice or grain or some shit) and a 4 year old sleeping on a bag of rice so nice and high in the back of the truckbed. Truck racing thru traffic hitting bumps, kid bounces around but somehow doesn't fall off the truck. I'll hopefully get pics up of those shortly... still lots of editing, only at Spain in the huge # of photos I shot haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    That's insanity.

How fast were you travelling at the most?
    In this video, about 50. But usually u hit about 60 even in traffic. On a bike, a lot faster. I rode with a co-worker, rode bitch on his bike, no helmet, and we were doing 110. I had to lean into turns. So sketchy haha.

I'll try to get a video on a bike. It's pretty crazy, there were times where my knee was an inch or 2 from getting clipped by a car beside me. I'm slowly getting used to it tho, looking at buying a bike if I'm here for a while more so I can tear up the streets of India. It's like $500 for a used 100cc "Hero Honda" bike. Dirt cheap.

They complain about gas prices being nearly unaffordable, it's $1/L hehe. I'm like a billionaire here.

My Ride
    GTI

Dude, you're still there? Did they outsource your services to India?

Great vid, that's awesome.

I'll still bitch about Calgary drivers all I want, you haven't shown me any Alberta roadblocks or idiots who can't merge.

My Ride
    Upass

Mind you three of them are small kids, never saw 5 adults on a bike, but I'm sure it happens.

My Ride
    jdm b18c

^ Wtf why is he only wearing a helmet? Is he the only one that will get hurt?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue boy

Lol beirut is soo close to that

My Ride
    MB C63

That's how we do it

The accents make it better

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

nice lol

Default Re: For all those bitching about Calgary drivers...

Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, it's completely fucked up here in India lol. I shot a quick vid of how shit's done here.
    Were you in a taxi?

wow

When there is an accident, what happens? Do people stop and and collect witnesses and insurance information, or do they just honk twice and move on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast