Quantcast
Best Inline skates to buy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Best Inline skates to buy?

Default Best Inline skates to buy?

Hi guy's

What are some of the good inline skates out their to buy? I first started skating about 17 years ago. Want to get back into skating again.. I had oxygen skates back than which don't fit me anymore. Need to buy some new ones for recreational skating. Speed is not important. So something around 84mm or 90mm should be good enough. Was looking at some K2's and Rollerblade models. Looking to spend $150 to $200 range. Any good recommendations out their?

Any info would be great.

My Ride
    '01 Celica GT, '93 Integra, '99 Civic Si

Mission have some good ones.

Good experience with Nike Baurer and CCM Vectors.
    Last edited by MikeAg; 06-02-2009 at 07:59 AM.

My Ride
    03 SVTF

k2 makes a good rec. blade for the price. Just keep in mind to check the wheels before buying. Some of their models tend to come with a really soft compound that makes them feel REALLY nice to roll on, but wear out so effin fast. The problem with k2 is that there isn't much difference in boot selection, when you get down to it, many are clones of each other.

Mission has some good ones, but focus on their higher end ones (which should fall into your price range easily enough)

Nike's are great for comfort and have a pretty good lifespan. Once again, makes sure to check the wheels.. and aim for a metal frame.

I stay away from Rollerblade. Personal experience. When I started I had cheap-y low end ones, they lasted a while but the wheels... and bearings... oh god. just garbage. I then went and got a set of nicer Rollerblade aggressive blades (trs) and they were the same.. poor build quality for the task.

Haven't had Bauer's in a long time... amd thinking about getting a set this year since they seem to be getting good reviews.. Don't know what they feel like though.

currently I use k2 for rec. blading and I have a set of Roces 5th elements for agressive blading (9 years old baby!). But to tell the truth. I find it hard to go back to my rec blades and usually just use my aggro's... even for just blading by the bow. They are a bit heavier, but feel amazing. helps build endurance too.
    still on their original wheels, half the original bearings and have been through A LOT!

I'd look into Nike and Mission if I were you. Comfort and decent build quality are there.
    metal frame
    high(ish) durometer wheels
    and a good set of ABEC 5's
    should keep you in good shape for another couple years!

Good luck

Thank's guys

Any good place in town that sells inline skates other than sportchek?