Quantcast
Pelican's Pier on 14th street NW across from the 14th St Police Station? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pelican's Pier on 14th street NW across from the 14th St Police Station?

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Default Pelican's Pier on 14th street NW across from the 14th St Police Station?

Anyone been there? I heard through the grapevine that the seafood there is actually pretty good.

Any first hand experiences from fellow beyond food connoisseurs?

the pelican pier is really tiny and cozy.
    i went there around last summer (sorrie it's a little while ago)
    the fish was really fresh. my friend and i had some baked oysters, and fish and chip, calamari and a fettuccine (if i remember properly) the fish and chips were really soft and the oyster tastes really fresh, it didn't taste fishy

hope they're still as good as they use to be

ive been there only once but it was amazing -

the seafood chowder there was SO good -

same as the fish and chips. wow

I've always wondered how their food was!

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Sounds like I gotta go try it out sometime soon! For some good chowder -> Chowderhouse on 1st Street and 6th Ave SW kiddy corner to the Petrocanada building is good as well.

My Ride
    93 integra

My sister and her husband have been going there for a very long time. I've had the pleasure of going once. You get to pick what kind of fish your fish and chips are made with. The seafood chowder is nothing short of amazing. My sister usually buys the seafood chowder and then gets like 5 to go and says it's for the family but it's always really for her.

Cozy place. Service isn't the greatest but definitely on par with any small mom and pop shops like that. I have been wanting to go again lately maybe I should head out that way for some hehe.

Originally posted by ekguy
    The seafood chowder is nothing short of amazing. My sister usually buys the seafood chowder and then gets like 5 to go and says it's for the family but it's always really for her.
    LOL its funny but i feel the same as your sister.

the halibut fish and chips FTW!!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pelican pier is a little low-class, but it's my go-to spot when iv'e got a hankering for a fish and chip chop. Good chowders, fresh fish, simply and competently prepared.

The Chowder house is also very good, but a little expensive for lunches.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    W204

+1 for Pelican Pier. The owner is quite friendly. I went there for lunch once. Opt for the Boston chowder (red) instead of the New England (white)!
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Gonna have to check this place out! Last time I took someone's recommendation for fish & chips, I went to the Halibut House (on edmonton trail by boogies burger) and it was soooo greasy and gross I couldn't even eat it.
    Ultracrepidarian

Oh Canada! restaruant at the nexen tower supposedly has good fish and chips also

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by GQBalla
    Oh Canada! restaruant at the nexen tower supposedly has good fish and chips also
    Haha fish & chips is not very Canadian LOL.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    W204

On another note, some have mentioned very authentic and great fish & chips at the food court in Deerfoot Mall. I have yet to try that even though I've passed by it a few times. They even serve it on newspaper and baskets. Or so I hear.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

very good there,
    ya service isnt the greatest but you have to have respect when there is one server covering 11 different tables when its busy...
    you can actually go there and buy fish to take home and cook for yourself...its pretty cool place all around
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Originally posted by clem24
    On another note, some have mentioned very authentic and great fish & chips at the food court in Deerfoot Mall. I have yet to try that even though I've passed by it a few times. They even serve it on newspaper and baskets. Or so I hear.
    Yeah, fish & chips cooked up by Chinese women is very authentic indeed.

It's fucking disgusting. I made the mistake of ordering it once, and it was absolutely sickening... totally dripping in oil, almost no flavour, and yeah... tasted like shit.

Waste of money.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by masoncgy

It's fucking disgusting. I made the mistake of ordering it once, and it was absolutely sickening... totally dripping in oil, almost no flavour, and yeah... tasted like shit.

Waste of money.
    Wahahaha must've been bought out or something cause last few times I walked by it was a white dude behind the counter. Ok I retract my post. But hey, what fast food place ISN'T run by Chinese people...

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I wasn't too impressed with Pelican's Pier last time I went, the Seafood Chowder was okay at best. Fish and Chips were pretty medium
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by clem24
    Nope just on a plate with a little wax paper. It's alright, not as greasy as other places. My cousin said he can't tell the difference from the halibut and the cod there (not that fresh most likely).

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by masoncgy

Waste of money.
    it would be nice if my seafood wasn't still frozen 3 out of 4 times trying this place

stay away
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.