Quantcast
Buying PS3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buying PS3

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Default Buying PS3

Buying a PS3 tommorow moreso for the blu ray player than gaming, but how important is the amount of space on the harddrive if im not really gaming?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Not important but you can download songs and movies onto the HD and whatever else u want to store on there for later viewing so its semi-important for storage
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    EM1

word. not important at all. You can stream your movies, music, pics wirelessly from your PC to your ps3 if you have a wireless network set up as well so that takes up no room. I've got the 80 gig and I'll never come close to filling it up

My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by xLostx
    word. not important at all. You can stream your movies, music, pics wirelessly from your PC to your ps3 if you have a wireless network set up as well so that takes up no room. I've got the 80 gig and I'll never come close to filling it up
    Sweet, thanks alot guys.

My Ride

Originally posted by xLostx
    I have a wireless network setup, how do I stream?Right now I'm just burning DVDs and watching it on the PS3
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by dj_rice

I have a wireless network setup, how do I stream?Right now I'm just burning DVDs and watching it on the PS3
    You have to turn on media sharing on your computer. You do that by going into your network settings.

Once you've done that go into your PS3 then go to the video menu> Search for Media Servers
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride

Thanks works now but the videos stream very slowly....if my laptop is laggy would that affect it?
    Last edited by dj_rice; 06-06-2009 at 10:59 AM.

My Ride
    BMW M3 E92

Just did all that and the PS3 is connected to laptop but PS3 can't find any videos, am I supposed to put videos in a specific folder?Cause I cant find the folder
    the folder the videos are in must be shared on the network its under the right click menu. xp and vista also have designated folders shared on the network and their in the public folder.

My Ride
    08 Si

Ive been checking for the best bundle and it seems to be on Dell, is there any good 80g bundles locally?

My Ride

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    Ive been checking for the best bundle and it seems to be on Dell, is there any good 80g bundles locally?

That Dell one is a wicked bundle, I paid $499 for MGS4 Bundle which just has console, 1 controller and MGS4

My Ride
    EM1

Thanks works now but the videos stream very slowly....if my laptop is laggy would that affect it?
    laptop shouldn't play much of a factor, if it has a wireless g card in it that should be more than fast enough, your router might be the bottleneck, what kind do you have?

My Ride

DIR-625 Wireless N

My Ride
    '12 C350 Coupe

just use TVersity for streaming, it works awesome for me

My Ride

You can upgrade the hard drive yourself pretty easily if you need the space later on.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

That Dell one is a wicked bundle, I paid $499 for MGS4 Bundle which just has console, 1 controller and MGS4
    I am a bit confused as to why are these bundles are considered a better buy? You get the 80G Console with Controller for $399...or you get the same + 1 game for $100. Does that not mean that you paid $100 for the game? PS3 has many variations of the bundles that have included MGS4 and now its Uncharted. What am I missing?
    PS3 at dell

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride

Its an okay deal considering what you get but if you look hard enough, you can find better deals, I got my bundle when MGS4 just came out so I dunno what pricing was on just a 80GB console/controller also, at that time, PS3 stock was hard to find....a good website to bookmark is redflagdeals.com, they have killer deals when people find them...like this deal I got when people mentioned it

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by dj_rice; 06-06-2009 at 02:07 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Speaking of buying PS3's. I just bought 2 from Rogers, they did a price cut on the 40GB models. 40GB ps3 = $249.99 includes 1 six axis controller + 1 dual shock 3 controller
    the bundles (sing star / jumper) including blu-ray remote are $299.99 also including 1 six axis and 1 dual shock 3.

I bought the last 2 at the centre street rogers
    Cheap bribery / presents for the older men in my family.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by Zero102
    Speaking of buying PS3's. I just bought 2 from Rogers, they did a price cut on the 40GB models. 40GB ps3 = $249.99 includes 1 six axis controller + 1 dual shock 3 controller
    the bundles (sing star / jumper) including blu-ray remote are $299.99 also including 1 six axis and 1 dual shock 3.

I bought the last 2 at the centre street rogers
    Cheap bribery / presents for the older men in my family.
    are these used?

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

talk to jeremy mani. He will hook you up with a sick deal on a used ps3.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Speed_69

are these used?
    No, not used, brand new, trust me, I sold about 10 of them, we pulled them in from many other stores. The only store I know of that has any is Hillhurst and I think they have 2 left.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast