Quantcast
PS3 issues - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: PS3 issues

My Ride
    R32 Skyline, S13 Silvia

Default PS3 issues

Hey guys,
    I'm having an issue with my PS3. It wont display the home menu area when you start the console, but you can view while playing a game, and it wont display movies. But I can still play games if I start it with the game in the console (goes straight into the game).
    Any one have any idea whats wrong here?
    Jason D.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Its supposed to do that....
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

You can exit the game back to the dashboard....

Also you can change that setting. Turn off the auto play or whatever it is. I don't like it when it loads the game when you turn on the console or insert a disc, I have this disabled on my 360 too.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 06-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.

My Ride
    R32 Skyline, S13 Silvia

I think you misunderstood me. If I start it with no game in the console, the playstation starts up but nothing is displayed, no home screen, nothing.

If I start it with a game it will display the game as usual, and I can press the center ps button to display the home start screen, but if I change something that requires the game to shut down, it shuts the game down as needed, but when it goes to the home screen is just a black screen.

Also, when I play a movie I have to load the disc and restart the console (dont have a home menu screen to select the disc) and it will start the movie with sound but no video. Only a black screen.

I hope that clarifies my problem better
    Jason D.

My Ride
    My Car

did u call sony or search on the net for problems like this with other users? also, your ps3 might be telling u to get an Xbox 360

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Have you connected to the Playstation Network and downloaded the Interface updates yet?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '08 135i

is your PS3 set on 1080p and does your TV support 1080p?

Also try this, just googled it http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Rese...video-settings

Turn off the power to your PS3 and then turn it back on again. But when you turn it on, hold down the power button until you see something on the screen. When you hold down the power button of the PS3 when you are turning it on, it completely resets the video settings to the most basic settings (480p I think) so that it'll work on any TV or monitor. Once you can then get something on the screen, you can configure the video settings to match the TV you are hooking up to.
    Last edited by evoXfan; 06-09-2009 at 01:00 PM.

My Ride
    PL24T

When I try and play PS3 on my monitor which only supports 720p, the home menu which is in 1080p will not show up properly, but when it autolaunches the game, it shows up fine because NHL 09 is 720p.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Originally posted by drew_goring
    When I try and play PS3 on my monitor which only supports 720p, the home menu which is in 1080p will not show up properly, but when it autolaunches the game, it shows up fine because NHL 09 is 720p.
    Start the PS3 from the method above, and when it trys to enable 1080/i/p just uncheck it, that way the home screen will properly display at 720p aswell.

My Ride
    '08 135i

Originally posted by drew_goring
    Well your monitor is not going to go up 1080p if it doesn't support it.

My Ride
    1996 Maxima

Default power button

Hold down the power button when you turn on the PS3 until you hear a beep. Do you see the XMB now?

Originally posted by FullMetal
    did u call sony or search on the net for problems like this with other users? also, your ps3 might be telling u to get an Xbox 360
    Yeah because red rings would solve his problem

My Ride
    PL24T

Originally posted by evoXfan

Well your monitor is not going to go up 1080p if it doesn't support it.
    Exactly. Which is quite similar to the OPs problem.

I don't have a problem I know why it's doing that. Just trying to help the OP.