Quantcast
Used mattress hygiene...your thoughts? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Used mattress hygiene...your thoughts?

Originally posted by arian_ma

Wanting to be clean is considered pussy shit nowadays? Why don't we all take a shit in outhouses and bathe once a week as well to avoid being pussies.
    There is a VERY wide gap between "clean" and "paranoid".

No one is going to die or be harmed from sleeping on a mattress that someone else once slept on. Do you ever go to hotels? Do you think that you are the first person sleeping on the mattress there?

The fact that people even worry about the topic shows how retarded and paranoid society has gotten.

I stick with the following rule of thumb when it comes to germs.

If I can't see it. It probably isn't worth worrying about.

So in the case of a mattress. If I don't see any stains, mold or bedbugs, it is probably just fine.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Used mattress hygiene...your thoughts?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-13-2019 at 04:24 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by sputnik
    So in the case of a mattress. If I don't see any stains, mold or bedbugs, it is probably just fine.
    At least in Alberta, we are pretty dry here. You need to be a pretty dirty fuck to have bedbugs or mold.

Hi : l/l/rX if you want a good mattress at the best possible price go hear. If you phone the guy you can get even a better deal. Jimmy. www.beddingandmattress.ca

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Jimmy01
    Hi : l/l/rX if you want a good mattress at the best possible price go hear. If you phone the guy you can get even a better deal. Jimmy. www.beddingandmattress.ca

I don't hear anything? haha

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Used mattress hygiene...your thoughts?

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I always thought we were safe because of the cold winters, although I never even heard of a single case in Vancouver when I lived there either.
    Was in Surrey for like 3 hours at a hotel with my folks, Dad was tired and went to bed when we stoped in a Motel. 1 Hour later he wakes up with blood on his leg and freaking bed bugs crawling...nastiest shit ever!

As for me, I sleep on a used matrass and don't care. I bought one of those memory foam toppers and threw it on top, so really the matress underneath is just to provide hight and extra softness.

+1 for paranoid society, I came here with a expectation to read about the hygiene of a pissed on mattress or something, which would be a real question (beside the mental heeby jeebies - any actual risk?), not a what appears to be otherwise fine one.

eblend, on a scale of nastiest shit ever, I'm sorry to say your dads case, and bed bugs in general rank pretty low. A minor annoyance perhaps. Oh no, bugs bit me. I've had mosquito bites bleed. Thats what bites do.

I saw a gorilla eat his shit in the washington zoo, half rotted food off the floor etc. Before all this pussy footing about germs came to be, I would say the human body would have had similar mechanisms to deal with microbial nasties.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2