Quantcast
Picnic etc... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picnic etc...

My Ride
    GTI

Default Picnic etc...

Alright, my ex gf took me out for dinner last night and she's been really damn good to me, but I haven't been that great to her. So I was gonna go for a walk with her tomorrow and have a surprise picnic for her. I'm just wondering what kind of food I should bring, and what the best spot for a picnic in Calgary.

She's greek, so I'm wondering what kinda food I should bring, she really loves greek food, but I dunno much about it, only thing I know that she really loves is cherries so I'm gonna bring some of those.

If anyone has suggestions for a good spot and good food etc it'd be nice if someone could help me out.

lammer Guest

buy some food to go at some greek resturant or something
    its good stuff man.

princess island park is good
    some place by the river

you could just goto some decent greek deli and get some falafels(sp?) or something not terribly greek cusine but close enough and you'll enjoy it too

How about Cresent Height, by all the big houses?? Great view of downtown and the river.
    Don't buy anything fried, otherwise it'll get soggy.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    GTI

Sweet, I need more ideas though, like I want to make it really nice, but not overly romantic or anything cuz she's not my gf anymore, but I like her a lot, she broke up with me, but still has feelings for me, but we're just gonna be friends for awhile. So I want her to think wow this is great, but I don't want it to be over the top.

I'm doing this cuz I never did anything like this for her when we were dating and I feel really bad for it, and I wanna show her what I'm capable of.

If anyone thinks it's a bad idea tell me. All suggestions appreciated.

My Ride
    GTI

Where is cresent heights, I don't remember. If that's the place beside Sait then we go for walks there like all the time so that's not the best option.

That's a tough call. You know how she feels about you??

I was in the same boat, hung out with my Ex a lot after breaking up. She didn't mind, in fact she liked it. But I still had/have feelings for her, she knew it too. This went on for 6 months or so after breaking up.

She was supposed to move to Houston a 1 1/2 months ago, I was actually cool about it... But at the last minute she decides to stay for some other guy she only met recently. And that sucked ass. I'm still reeling from the pain.

Just look out for yourself. You're probably pretty vulnerable still. Last thing you want is to get hurt.
    Damn +44411's

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Where is cresent heights, I don't remember. If that's the place beside Sait then we go for walks there like all the time so that's not the best option.
    Cresent heights runs from Sait to Center st.
    What about Fish creek park?
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

pick a few things from OPA..that awesome greek restaurant just off of 17th..just nothing to harsh if you expect to kiss her later..
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    GTI

We broke about a month and a half ago, we were friends, and then not, and then I showed her the songs I wrote for her and we were friends again. She knows I still have feelings for her, and she has some feelings for me, we just weren't right for each other at the time, I think it's cuz I never did stuff like this for her, and because I was a bumb, I didn't work, I just got money from my parents, which was stupid, I'm working now though. she said we might get back together sometime though.
    Just to give you guys an idea about the relatiopnship, I've been getting more than just kisses from her lately. Not all the time though. We're pretty close sometimes. We've been hanging out almost everyday for the last couple weeks, it's almost like we're dating, but we're not, we go and work out together, we go to movies, take each other out to eat, go to banff a red deer, go for walks all the time. Actually we just went to Fish Creek yesterday.

Princess Island park sounds good, should I park in lindsey park(talisman center) parking lot? I was thinking Nose Hill park because it's close to sait where she lives, but I've never been to that park, is there a good spot for a picnic. Ohh, and It'll be 7 o'clock when we go so if that changes any suggestions on food or anything....
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-20-2002 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

Where's OPA exactly???

Where's a good greek deli??

I was thinking of having a friend pick up the food and set it up so it's all there minutes before we get there so she thinks it's just another walk, but really it's not...

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    That's a tough call. You know how she feels about you??

I was in the same boat, hung out with my Ex a lot after breaking up. She didn't mind, in fact she liked it. But I still had/have feelings for her, she knew it too. This went on for 6 months or so after breaking up.

She was supposed to move to Houston a 1 1/2 months ago, I was actually cool about it... But at the last minute she decides to stay for some other guy she only met recently. And that sucked ass. I'm still reeling from the pain.

Just look out for yourself. You're probably pretty vulnerable still. Last thing you want is to get hurt.

dude, i know what you mean =(

My Ride
    BMW E70

When an old ex of mine and I broke up we reamined friends on and off for about 2 years. Then we suddenly started hanging out again and became "friends with benefits" which was cool. But, we ended up falling for each other again, it still didn't work the second time around...and it hurt a lot more the second time...Be careful dude...

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    ...Be careful dude...
    Exactly.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    M5 Competition

If you really want to raise her eyebrow tell her this "Mou aresis poli " or better yet "Se agapo"

Here are the sound bytes so you can pronounce them

1st. ( I like you a lot)http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~iaeste/en..._you_a_lot.wav

2nd. ( I love you )http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~iaeste/en...i_love_you.wav

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

have the picnic outside the cecil hotel
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    have the picnic outside the cecil hotel
    This someone hanging out there too much. Say hi to Ralph Klein next time your there.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    2011 BMW X5 5.0

Talisman centre is WAAAAAY long walk from Princess Island. You'd have to park closer to Eau Claire to go to Princess Island.

Good luck!

I believe that you should really tell her how you feel, and ask her to be genuine and honest about her feelings. Tell her to tell you *HONESTLY* if she still feels for you.

The LAST thing you want is for her to lead you on because she feels bad, which is a very common mistake from the "breakuper".

don't lie. We all know you haven't had a girlfriend before.

My Ride
    GTI

Haha. I've told her I still have feelings for her she knows that, she's actually half filipino half greek. I thought princess Island park was the one by Lindsey park.

Haha, Cecil Hotel, she had a roomate who'd always go there, she's appearantly nasty and full of all kinds of STD's. Cecil hotel looks like a crackhouse.

I've actually gotten hurt by her more than once already, but s'all good, it's worth it, I like her a lot, and things have been getting better lately.

I don't think she knows much greek but I'll try that, thanks a lot, I'll prolly stick with the I like you a lot one, already made the mistake of saying using the L word, even though I meant it, not always a good idea...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast