Quantcast
TREX Decking - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: TREX Decking

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default TREX Decking

So has anyone used this material before? I'm wondering what it looks like a few years down the road. Any warping? Staining? Other problems?

TIA
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Personally I've only seen it after 1-2 years and it looks like new but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. Here's a quick blog worth reading though:

http://www.gardenstructure.com/composite_decking

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

My mom has a small part of her front deck done with trex, and it still looks great after probably 5 years? If you want I can take a pic or 2 of it.
    Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

I have Trex, and after 4 years, it still looks great. i haven't had to do anything to it. It is well worth the small extra price.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I have composite decking as well. I can't remember the name, but it wasn't Trex or Millenium.

It was super easy to install and all I do is hose it down. The ones that I have uses clips that you screw onto the beams and the pieces just snap together.

We have aluminum railings as well, so the whole deck is maintenance free. Have had it for 3 years now. Definately worth it IMO.

My parents put it in at least 6 years ago now, its faded ever so slightly but still looks great.

I installed it last year, and there has been no change. The stuff that I have seen that is older has lightened somewhat, but otherwise doesn't seem to have changed that much.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

We had our lower deck redone in it 2 years ago, and it still looks new. This is even with taking abuse having a hot tub on the deck too. I would highly reccomend it, definately worth the price.

Google it and youll find tons of discussion in home improvement forums. I dont know how much this product has changed over the years but we looked at this about 5 years ago and there was a lot of disappointed people and even class action lawsuits. Maybe the product is better today but I still think theres little evidence of how any improved product will perform over the mid to long term.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

i used to work at Totem and I sold this stuff. It is my understanding that the decking will stain/color will wash out. I think beige will turn to a brighter beige and the brown turns into an ugly puke green. Make sure you do your research.

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    i used to work at Totem and I sold this stuff. It is my understanding that the decking will stain/color will wash out. I think beige will turn to a brighter beige and the brown turns into an ugly puke green. Make sure you do your research.
    I bought mine from Totem and after 4 years, the color is the same. The color is the same as the day I bought it

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

So in the end I decided to go with Cedar. I was concerned with the price difference IF the product was far superior but there were a lot of people that were very dissapointed in the long run.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303