Quantcast
Holy Madrid! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holy Madrid!

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Real Madrid's problem for about 7 seasons has been defense. So what do they do? Sign 2 attacking midfielders.

It will be fun to watch them learn the hard way that you can't win games 6-5.
    If you notice that Madrid hasn't done much in Europe since they got rid of Makalele and even before then Redondo. But even the CB stalwart during those times was Fernando Hierro, now they have Cannavaro with Pepe...Cannavaro is on the wrong side of 35 and Pepe needs some help. Sergio Ramos was brought in for a CB position but he shines as the RB.

I still contend that Redondo and Makalele allowed the Galacticos to keep on the attacking side of the field.

Hopefully Fiorentino understands that making the most money in the world for an FC isn't the best thing to do. CL final is in Madrid next year, so reaching and winning that final will be the goal. Anything else will likely result in Pelligrini being fired.

When they got rid of Makelele they lost ball winning and transition from defense to attack. When Man U last won their treble they had Keane, when Arsenal was on top they had Vieira, Barelona has Xavi who's grown into the role etc.

You're definitely right, they haven't replaced Makelele with that guy who can take away all the options in front of the box and get the ball from defense to attack. Its a team that has defenders and attackers and neither wants anything to do with one another, no team can win with an attitude like that no matter what players they get to fill either role.

My Ride
    TL

Karim Benzema now going to Real Madrid as well. Wonder if they will get rid of Robben or not. Still haven't seen much of a holding MF or a stalwart for the D.

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

They bought a possible defensive mid in Raśl Albiol for 15 million euros.

I still think Barca will still piss on them in the league.

Originally posted by Bladeh

I sure hope so. I love Kaka and his play, and I do admit Ronaldo is skilled....but god do I hate that guy.

There should be some intense and insane Madrid Barca matches

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Bladeh

Completely forgot about Albiol....he is being presented today at 21:00 CET (12 MST). The presentation for Kaka had over 25,000 people in attendance.

Another rumor that is starting up in the Spanish papers is that they will be going after Maicon from Inter. That would make 5 big players during this transfer season.

Real Madrid -- Over Promised and Under Delivering

I have no problems with the process of which the team procures their players, as most players actuality want to play for the Royal club.

Their playing system however, I find changes far too often due to mangerial changes and the lack of overall centrla midfield strength.

At one point the playing potential of the team was charged with superstar talent ranging from carlos, becks, zidane, figo and ronaldo... but even with their collaborative skill often didn't find the fluid play that is often seen with other top teams such as Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, Juventus, or AC Milan.

I think its too many superstars with too many ego's with too many coaching/management changes to allow the type of contigency to go consistant year to year.

That being said, the pickup of all these dutch players in the last few years, coupled with their strong spanish players will bring the best out of the club, as much did the Rijkards and Kliverts did for Barca.

Kaka might be the man to make all the difference, and honestly though C' Ronaldo has some incredible talent and flare, I think Kaka will be the more effect pickup of the two, especially in La Liga where everyone has magical feet.

They also have some incredibly hard working talent, such as Ramos, Robben, Sneijder, Pepe and Drenthe which I think can be utilized in a more effectively in playing a "total" football system that has been ever so effective for Barca since the Cruyff days.

Anyways, it'll be a good season to watch either the progress or regression of Real Madrid.

Player to watch IMO is Drenthe... he has all the makings and talent of Edgar Davids w/o the controversies

My Ride
    Jetta

Real Madrid's most underrated signing this season is that of Manuel Pellegrino, IMO; the ex-Villareal coach who loves an attacking and possession based style (like the one purported by Arsenal and Barcelona style teams). With their incredible purchasing power and player additions, as much as I want to see this Galacticos 2 experiment fail, I have to admit it looks very promising.

The major concern is how long Madridistas can go without winning. They've seen their club splash unruly amounts of money and they now own several of the best players in the world. New coaches and new players, especially of this kind of sweeping scope, require a lot of time to develop and adjust... if Barcelona goes on to win another Primera and/or CL over Real in 09-10, I doubt they will support Perez and his second Galacticos era for very long. Then the threads will unravel.

I'm interested to see who stays, too. I don't see guys like Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, sticking around to play second-team football. The one name I would like to see leave is Huntelaar, and although I don't see it happening, I would dream to see him in an Arsenal kit. Go Gunners

can someone post the schedule for soccer in sept in madrid? i suck at the internet

My Ride
    Jetta

I don't believe the La Liga or Champions League schedules are out just yet. Might explain the difficulty you had finding them.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Home.htm

Keep up to date with their official site in the meanwhile. And be sure to watch them toy around with Toronto FC on August 7th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2