Quantcast
1992 Ford F-150 makeover suggestions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 1992 Ford F-150 makeover suggestions

My Ride
    2012 Civic SI sedan

Default need ideas

i need ideas for what i can do for my 1992 Ford F-150 Flare side
    im unabe to buy a new car due to credit, so i want to give my truck a complete makeover (ie. rims, head-tail lights, audio, exaust. etc) and that is also not too expensive

My Ride
    My Car

r u looking to make the truck monster truck like? or a street racer kinda truck? low pros and such?

My Ride
    2012 Civic SI sedan

not monster truck like, i still want to be able to get my bike in the back, but i guess the first thing finding parts to replaced the damaged areas of my truck, but eventually i want it to look more like a racer, not too sporty though, i just want better rims and head-tail lights

My Ride
    2012 Civic SI sedan

i also eventually want to paint it a different color, upgrade the sound system, put a dual exaust pipe on and whatever upgrades i need to improve horse power, speed and fuel economy

My Ride
    My Car

go with some 24s on low profile black center and chrome lip, sport shock system, clear taillights chrome, white color head lights, whats the color of the truck now?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Why polish a turd?

Work on your credit and drive what you got and be thankful you got it.

Credit is way more important for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by SJW
    Why polish a turd?

Work on your credit and drive what you got and be thankful you got it.

Credit is way more important for the future.
    why get stuck with a loan? and with the intrist on the car/truck your paying more then the car is worth, the guy has some money to waste, in the long run when he sells it hes ganna gain money from the things that he has added, mods boost the price not drop it

Perhaps the reason you have credit problems is because instead of saving, you waste money on stuff like mods to an almost 20yr old truck........

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ word.

Save your money man, please trust us on that. There is absolutely no way you'll recover your FULL investment if you blow your money on modding your truck.

Look at it this way too: The more you mod a vehicle; the smaller target market it'll appeal to if you were to sell it. How many people would want your truck for $2k as is as winter beater or a parts runner?, versus after you've dumped $10k into it, and are now *asking* $12k for it? Take a good look in the marketplace section to see how much guys with modded cars are selling them for.... its PEANUTS in comparison to how much time and work went into them. I sold my (originally $7k) show car with $15k invested in it for $10k.
    How many people are going to want the truck after you paint it whatever color or put whatever rims on it or sound system in it?

Upon selling (or for an insurance pay out in the event of an accident) : you can expect to recover $.20-$.50 for every dollar you invest in a vehicle (generally speaking I mean).

If you cant finance a car, save your money for "modding" and keep that as a HUGE downpayment, since with that you get a lower interest rate, or you can just buy the car outright.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-14-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by FullMetal

why get stuck with a loan? and with the intrist on the car/truck your paying more then the car is worth, the guy has some money to waste, in the long run when he sells it hes ganna gain money from the things that he has added, mods boost the price not drop it

Sig worthy.

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by natejj

Sig worthy.
    add it to ur sig

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

And to seriously contribute to the OP. Bud. Seriously. Your truck is worth what, $1000-2000 right now? If you drop $5000 into it, you will be lucky to increase the value of it by another $1000 dollars. Drive it till you can save up money for a better vehicle. And even if you get a bank loan, 5% a year, is a lot better then the depreciation of the parts you are going to invest into your 'turd'.

Originally posted by FullMetal

whes ganna gain money from the things that he has added, mods boost the price not drop it

LOL

My Ride
    2012 Civic SI sedan

i dont really want to pour thousands upon thousands into this thing, but i want it too look alot better than it already does, its a bit beat up, but i didnt buy it for much anyway so chances are i can make at least a small profit, im not looking to buy a new car anyway because in the next couple of years ill be in the military full time and wont need a car in the near future. i essentially just want to modernize it so i can feel a little bit better driving into my jobs parking lot.

im not looking for reasons why i shouldnt do anything to this truck, all i asked for where some ideas and opinions on what i can do, where to go, the best prices

i thank you FullMetal for your ideas and support, keep it coming