Quantcast
Car dealership - Bargaining? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car dealership - Bargaining?

Default Car dealership - Bargaining?

Is it better to purchase from the bigger cities rather than smaller communities? I've been told, Red Deer is a red-neck town, and so I should instead head down to Calgary or Edmonton.

As well, how would you go about getting a markdown on a new vehicle? Any suggestions? The old trick of walking away?

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

I guess it depends on the dealership.
    Most people say if you want a Honda or Toyota, go to High River. I mean, even their slogan is "It's Worth The Drive!"
    I can stand behind that because I went to crowfoot Honda and T&T Honda while looking for my civic.
    I went to High River after and right when we stepped in, they said "Where you guys from?"
    We said Calgary, and they said "You must be looking for a good deal, come on"
    and right off the bat we got a better price than the two local dealers could offer.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin!!

Is the slogan that comes to mind...

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Just get your price that you want to pay. The lowest of the low ball. Don't make it insulting too much. Walk in and say I want this vehicle for this price.

Take this to several dealerships around town and call around the outside of the city.

Put it this way. I badgered 8 dealerships around alberta until one caved on my price.

I saved 10G's off the price of a new avalanche.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Thanks for your replies.

I'm actually looking into getting a Honda Fit, so maybe I'll give High River a try!

My Ride
    FB6

Good luck on bargaining of the fits though. They sell so fast they probably won't deal with you much. Apparently they stopped production of the 08's early so basically they are running out of stock and are in no hurry to sell. Good luck!

Originally posted by riced
    Most people say if you want a Honda or Toyota, go to High River. I mean, even their slogan is "It's Worth The Drive!"
    I can stand behind that because I went to crowfoot Honda and T&T Honda while looking for my civic.
    I went to High River after and right when we stepped in, they said "Where you guys from?"
    and right off the bat we got a better price than the two local dealers could offer.

went to stampede and country hills toyota for my highlander, crappy service and prices. Buddy of mine told me to go to high river toyota and got the same treatment as Riced

Highly recommend going there

My Ride
    2000 prelude

Originally posted by riced
    It's so weird since T&T Honda and High River Honda is owned by the same person/group.
    00redLUDE

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by SJW
    Just get your price that you want to pay. The lowest of the low ball. Don't make it insulting too much. Walk in and say I want this vehicle for this price.

Take this to several dealerships around town and call around the outside of the city.

Put it this way. I badgered 8 dealerships around alberta until one caved on my price.

Where did you end up getting yours from?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by SJW
    10g off Avalanche isn't hard. 10g AND 0% financing for 72 months and I'll be impressed.

For example, Nissan @ Creekside is having a buy Titan get Versa for free promotion.

everyone is saying high river Honda gives good deals are we like looking at 2000 off? Noon question

My Ride
    Z

+1 for high river honda
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My guess is there's right around 1000 markup or less in a fit depending on options. So that might give you a realistic idea of where to start.

My Ride
    SpecB

Originally posted by 06civic
    everyone is saying high river Honda gives good deals are we like looking at 2000 off? Noon question
    My family's purchased 3 vehicles from them sofar. No complaints from us yet. (I'm not sure what the exact price difference was though)

I definetely prefer dealing with them over some of the Calgary ones I've visted.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by Gart
    I definetely prefer dealing with them over some of the Calgary ones I've visted.
    Honda West are unprofessional assholes who don't really give a fuck. Stay away
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin!!

Is the slogan that comes to mind...

Those dealerships are freakin' huge an high volume lots, for a city/town of it's size. But I guess it's because of all the little feeder towns that get service from there.

In case you were actually going to go to High River Honda; they have moved. They are in Okotoks now.

http://www.highriverhonda.com/en/index.spy

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by dannie
    In case you were actually going to go to High River Honda; they have moved. They are in Okotoks now.

http://www.highriverhonda.com/en/index.spy
    Yep. Okotoks Honda.

I went there for my FG2. Beat every dealership in the city a fair bit. If you live southside Calgary might as well go there.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    CBR 929

I actually found the cheapest price on a Honda in the city. Walking away didn't do much for me, but it didn't matter I was tired of playing their games.

I found that some of the smaller dealerships in other towns did not have as much inventory on the lot (therefore not the color or model I wanted) and wanted to charge an extra fee to transport said color or model in from another city.

I found a dealership in Calgary that had the best price and brought my vehicle in from Edmonton for free.

Everyone will have different opinions about which dealership is crap and which is golden, really depends on your individual experience there.

I have heard if you go towards the end of the month they want to get their numbers up so that can help, plus the 09's are coming.

[url]

People are still shopping Canadian? Seriously?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast