Quantcast
Travel Advisory: AC For Flights to and from Vancouver and Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Travel Advisory: AC For Flights to and from Vancouver and Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shan

My Ride
    07 Yaris RS

Default Travel Advisory: AC For Flights to and from Vancouver and Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shan

Air Canada issued Travel Advisory yesterday... I know a lot of beyonders also booked flights to Japan with NWA, if anyone have any updates on delay/cancellation for NWA as well please post here. Thanks!

Travel Advisory For Flights to and from Vancouver and Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong[

MONTREAL, June 15, 2009 - Air Canada advises that weather conditions due to volcanic activity at Sarychev Peak in the North Pacific Ocean are expected to cause delays and cancellations to flights between Vancouver and Asia, in the coming days . At this time, impact on Toronto-Asia flights is expected to be minimal.

Customers with flights to or from affected areas are advised to check on the status of their flight prior to leaving for the airport by consulting the Air Canada website at aircanada.com, or by calling Air Canada's automated flight information system at 1-888-422-7533, or by using a web-enhanced cell phone.

Customers with flights affected by the weather and wishing to make alternative travel arrangements can do so without penalty, space permitting, through Air Canada Reservations at 1-888-247-2262; TTY hearing impaired: 1-800-361-8071.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I hope it clears up in 2 and a half weeks. I'm flying HK --> Van with Air Canada.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    my bike

i leave Friday for Tokyo on NWA, so if anything happens i'll update here.

CBC news link
    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/0...a-flights.html
    A remote volcano in the North Pacific is playing havoc with flights between Vancouver and Asia, as Air Canada, Air China, Asiana Airlines and Korean Airlines all cancelled or delayed flights in and out of Vancouver International Airport on Tuesday. The Sarychev Peak, on Russia's central Kuril Islands, began belching plumes of ash and smoke high into the atmosphere on June 12 and airlines are taking no chances flying through the gritty residue. Anyone travelling between Vancouver and Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong is urged to check with their airline before heading to the airport. According to NASA, the ash plume from the eruption reached an altitude somewhere between eight and 16.5 kilometres above sea level, leaving a brown mass of volcanic ash more than 50 kilometres in diameter.
    Last edited by 98type_r; 06-17-2009 at 12:02 AM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

So what does this really mean? ash clouds or soemthing in the flight path?

My Ride
    my bike

yep, ash and smoke in the flight path.

Thats good they canceled them , i remember watching that documentary with the plane going through ash and the engines clogged up and turned off..
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    Thats good they canceled them , i remember watching that documentary with the plane going through ash and the engines clogged up and turned off..
    Yah that was on Mayday, exact scenario (but at night and they didn't realize they were flying through ash)

I just came back from Tokyo on June 14th, no delays or cancelations for me.