Quantcast
Gat a Bike NR2 swap question! P.S..im new here so thae it easy !!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Gat a Bike NR2 swap question! P.S..im new here so thae it easy !!!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    is not as cool as my benz was
    Posts
    2,657
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I mean fastest production bike retard. The only person you have convinced on here is yourself. But as I have said before enjoy your car. You keep getting lippy and for an estimated 30 year old your acting like an 11 teen year old more so than anybody here.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Olds Alberta
    My Ride
    03 CBR 600RR
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by theken
    Also what does my bike or a 300 lb dude on a bike have any thing to do with your arguement? You asked so we would be comparing you on your bike to you in an mr2 the mr2 stock here on stock boost will run close to 15 seconds. Up your boost you will get mid to low 14s. And yes I know what I am talking about I can google fast mr2s too but you have an essentially stock mr2 you will be disappointed
    Bro...its far from stock I guess that's my new point (didnt mention the aftermarket turbo,Rebuilt Engine less than 10 000km ago (108 000km on body), Rebuilt Tein coil overs,blow off, down tube,AFC Neo fuel controller, Boost Controller and gauge, new drive line, & rims)..& if im disappointed so be it I gotta make it happen..im sick of bikes & the comp...ill take the car & build a rat bike...suicide shifter, open primary, 110ci & say fuck it!..thanx again dude..I really do appreciate your opinion
    Im goin home in a phkin ambulance


    Im the kinda guy Fathers warn there Daughters about!!!!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    KTM200XCW/S13/4WD
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Theotherone


    WTF is your point...how long is your 1/4 mile???? what vehicle do you know of that goes from 0-100"mph" like "right now" (meaning 100-100)??? MORON!!!
    math > you
    Two vehicles, that are traveling at their trap speeds, and are 2 seconds apart, will be 100 yards apart which is a little less than a quarter track. In reality, the bike will be traveling faster than 100 (around 120), and the car slower (around 90), so it'll be a greater distance.

    All your years of drag racing experience, and you never figured out the difference between an 11 second run and a 13 second run?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Olds Alberta
    My Ride
    03 CBR 600RR
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Abeo


    math > you
    Two vehicles, that are traveling at their trap speeds, and are 2 seconds apart, will be 100 yards apart which is a little less than a quarter track. In reality, the bike will be traveling faster than 100 (around 120), and the car slower (around 90), so it'll be a greater distance.

    All your years of drag racing experience, and you never figured out the difference between an 11 second run and a 13 second run?
    Ya I did the math..I ride faster & I win...it never failed me but thanx for the math lesson (never thought of it that way)...good job collage boy!...P.S..11+2=13???..have you ever dragged??
    Im goin home in a phkin ambulance


    Im the kinda guy Fathers warn there Daughters about!!!!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    KTM200XCW/S13/4WD
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Why yes I have, I was in a well running rwd 2.0 turbo car at sea level, and it was against a r6, and guess what! It spanked me, by about 3 seconds. When I was halfway down the track, the bike was almost at the end; he could have shut down halfway and coasted to a win.


    Just wondering, have you checked the price for insuring a rhd MR2, and is it registered in Alberta? If it needs an oop, fuck it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    600rr > mr2

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally posted by Theotherone


    Bro...its far from stock I guess that's my new point (didnt mention the aftermarket turbo,Rebuilt Engine less than 10 000km ago (108 000km on body), Rebuilt Tein coil overs,blow off, down tube,AFC Neo fuel controller, Boost Controller and gauge, new drive line, & rims)..& if im disappointed so be it I gotta make it happen..im sick of bikes & the comp...ill take the car & build a rat bike...suicide shifter, open primary, 110ci & say fuck it!..thanx again dude..I really do appreciate your opinion
    If you don't want the bike anymore make the trade. The car is not going to be anywhere near as fast as a bike though.

    from a pure money standpoint the car should be worth at least $8000 or $9000 so its a good trade that you could potentially come out ahead on unless something is wrong with the car.

    on the other hand everyone who imports a JDM car says the engine was "rebuilt" 10 000 km ago. 99 percent of the time its bullshit, who rebuilds an engine at 100 000 km? i would ask for receipts or proof...

    something seems sort of fishy to me that someone would trade a $10 000 car for a $6000 bike, but maybe thats just me.


    also since you are new here heed this advice. You aren't going to last too long if you keep speaking incoherently and acting like an asshat...
    Last edited by bmeier; 06-26-2009 at 02:54 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    First of all, I cant believe no one has called you out on this..... " Gat a Bike NR2 swap question! P.S..im new here so thae it easy !!! " really?

    I previously owned a stock '90 JDM MR2 Turbo, and i can tell you that the deal for your bike in your situation ( now that it has been explained to us properly after 12 posts ) Is probably a good one. If you have actually tracked your bike, and it is as modded as you claim, then you should know that you will beat a car with the power/weight ratio that the MR2 has.

    I owned my MR2 for almost 4 years and it ran a 15.1 in stock form in Calgary. With HKS exhaust, apexi intake, and a Greddy boost controller running 13-15psi i ran a 14.00 at 99mph in Edmonton , 14.1 in Calgary with an added Blitz ECU with better fuel maps making an est. 260-270whp.

    I have tracked almost every car i have owned in the last 9 years ( damn i feel old ), and have tried racing a stock looking '02ish R6 ( similar power to your 03 CBR600RR ) and it was only close when going UP cemetery hill from a roll. Once we got to the next lights towards downtown and we had close to a 1/4mile from a dead start it wasnt even close, I was left way behind.... and my 60ft times were consistently 2.0-2.1s, I knew how to drive that car.

    I hope i Could help.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The White Ghetto
    My Ride
    Altima Se-R
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally posted by Theotherone


    yer phked...put a 300 pound dude on a CBR6 & a 100 pound dude in the car...drag them & see who wins 2 seconds means NOTHING!! unless your on pinks!...you have destroyed my post...Im gunna miss the bike but I gotta make the trade..I NEED a car & I need one NOW!!!! sorry "theken"...go ride your Busa!!!!
    Posted it once before, I think it's kinda relevant here.

    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Olds Alberta
    My Ride
    03 CBR 600RR
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by James
    First of all, I cant believe no one has called you out on this..... " Gat a Bike NR2 swap question! P.S..im new here so thae it easy !!! " really?

    I previously owned a stock '90 JDM MR2 Turbo, and i can tell you that the deal for your bike in your situation ( now that it has been explained to us properly after 12 posts ) Is probably a good one. If you have actually tracked your bike, and it is as modded as you claim, then you should know that you will beat a car with the power/weight ratio that the MR2 has.

    I owned my MR2 for almost 4 years and it ran a 15.1 in stock form in Calgary. With HKS exhaust, apexi intake, and a Greddy boost controller running 13-15psi i ran a 14.00 at 99mph in Edmonton , 14.1 in Calgary with an added Blitz ECU with better fuel maps making an est. 260-270whp.

    I have tracked almost every car i have owned in the last 9 years ( damn i feel old ), and have tried racing a stock looking '02ish R6 ( similar power to your 03 CBR600RR ) and it was only close when going UP cemetery hill from a roll. Once we got to the next lights towards downtown and we had close to a 1/4mile from a dead start it wasnt even close, I was left way behind.... and my 60ft times were consistently 2.0-2.1s, I knew how to drive that car.

    I hope i Could help.

    Thanx dude you & bmeier told me EXACTLY what I needed to hear...honestly...im sick of rockets..I know how fast they are I know what they can & cant beat. I need a car..I need one now & this seems like a good Idea...The car looks, feels (& obviously) sounds great, and honestly its exotic!

    Thanx guys...& thanx for not havin an attitude about this OH and James..I didnt know I fucked up on the typing and spelling till I posted it.. My Bad
    Im goin home in a phkin ambulance


    Im the kinda guy Fathers warn there Daughters about!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Latest Threads: 07-16-2009, 11:24 PM
  2. FS: Angel The Gat (paintball)

    By ttran in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
  3. would it be easy to swap jdm carbon fibre tail lights on a 4dr 2000 civic lx

    By coopercowan in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2004, 03:01 AM
  4. Is this swap easy as it looks? 300zx/LS1

    By civicluva in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 09-22-2004, 02:54 PM
  5. Installing CAI easy? (edit: is it easy?)

    By omega613 in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 05-18-2004, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •