Quantcast
Health Canada withholds hand sanitizer from Natives. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Canada withholds hand sanitizer from Natives.

Default Health Canada withholds hand sanitizer from Natives.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Face palm all you want.. but its a sad reality. When you live in a City like Lethbridge and you see that all hairspray and mouthwash is behind lock and lock and key you quickly realize that it does happen, and more then most people would like to think.

What ever happened to good old fashioned bars of soap?

Does the same thing and it's less costly. Of course, you have to assume people are actually going to use the stuff too...

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Seems right... I remember when i used to work at Safeway in westhills shopping center, we had the right to refuse sale of mouth wash to natives if it was though to be used for intoxication. The best one was this one native lady tried to buy one of the large generic bottle of the yellow stuff, she was sooooo pissed when we refused sale. But in all fairness, she only had one tooth left! lol

keep it far away from them

Originally posted by masoncgy
    What ever happened to good old fashioned bars of soap?

Does the same thing and it's less costly. Of course, you have to assume people are actually going to use the stuff too...
    Thats not necessarily true. While good old fashioned soap does work well, it required proper hand washing technique which 95% of people dont use. Hand sanitizers are far more effective in a shorter period of time. They essentially kill 99% of bacteria on contact.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Face palm all you want.. but its a sad reality. When you live in a City like Lethbridge and you see that all hairspray and mouthwash is behind lock and lock and key you quickly realize that it does happen, and more then most people would like to think.
    Wow....

My Ride
    has three pedals.

I thought it was just a joke? Who would honestly drink hair spray or mouthwash?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by scat19

you should get out more.. in high school, i was at southland station waiting for the bus to go home and there were 2 natives there downing their bottles of mouth wash
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Hand sanitizers are popular because they require no water or paper towels as the alcohol evaporates.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Originally posted by ianmcc
    Hand sanitizers are popular because they require no water or paper towels as the alcohol evaporates.
    Lysol is an effective disinfectant when sprayed on dry surfaces.

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Thats not necessarily true. While good old fashioned soap does work well, it required proper hand washing technique which 95% of people dont use. Hand sanitizers are far more effective in a shorter period of time. They essentially kill 99% of bacteria on contact.
    You're assuming that people would actually use hand sanitizer... it's the same principle as assuming people would wash properly using ordinary soap...

Big waste of money, IMHO.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by adam c

you should get out more.. in high school, i was at southland station waiting for the bus to go home and there were 2 natives there downing their bottles of mouth wash
    I get out aplently. Even worked in a gas station when I was a teen, at hwy's 22 and 1.

Not really one for public transport, as they didn't have a bus to Springbank. But still. I heard about it, never saw it.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

sad but VERY true

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I really didnt see any of it living in Calgary... but when i went to school in lethbridge its pretty rampent.
    The grossest thing I heard was that people would grab a piece of liver.. and soak it in hairspray.. then just eat it.
    So most places have resorted to either not carrying products with alcohol in them.. or have them locked up. Otherwise people would be in the aisle chugging away..

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

I really didnt see any of it living in Calgary... but when i went to school in lethbridge its pretty rampent.
    The grossest thing I heard was that people would grab a piece of liver.. and soak it in hairspray.. then just eat it.
    So most places have resorted to either not carrying products with alcohol in them.. or have them locked up. Otherwise people would be in the aisle chugging away..
    There is a lot downtown by 11'th and by the river. I talked to one guy once and he showed me how he drinks the lysol from the spay can. I have to say that if any of us tried that we would be blind or dead in a couple of hours.

i saw it on COPS once, except it was Lysol and not hairspray. to drink it, they first puncture the can and then pour it into milk jugs and shake it around as they drink it.

Originally posted by adam c
    i was at southland station waiting for the bus to go home and there were 2 natives there downing their bottles of mouth wash
    bottoms up

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

It happens. Many years ago in Kamloops I used to work for Zellers, and you would see homeless (or looking like it) natives coming in and literally buying a shopping cart full of mouthwash, rubbing alcohol, and sometimes aerosols.

That only happened a few times though until we received permission to deny them service.

It might seem extreme to you and I, but when you're in that place, you'll get your high wherever you can - even if it is from a source which will probably eventually kill you.

Sad.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

People have drank gasoline to get drunk..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast