Quantcast
Michael Jackson dies from heart failure June 25th, 2009... - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson dies from heart failure June 25th, 2009...

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

RIP Michael Jackson, a truly talented entertainer with timeless appeal

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I'm torn on this guy. He was a brilliant artist and talent. Unfortunately due to an abusive upbringing and character flaws he became sort of a train wreck or side show freak. Was he a molester? I'm not sure but something wasn't right with him and I wouldn't let my kids in the same room has him that's for sure. Still pretty tragic that he died as such a young age. I guess maybe he would have been better off breathing the same air as everyone else because all the masks and such didn't help in the end.
    Fully agree here, I can't really blame him for the way he turned out due to his upbringing.

Originally posted by Melinda
    Shocking news for sure. They say that our generation will forever remember the moments we found out about 2 events in our life: 9/11 and the day Diana died. I can officially say most of us will remember where we were when we found out MJ died. RIP, the Elvis of our time.
    Thats true, but I don't think it would be limited to just 2, I can remember quite a few events and where I was at the exact time.

Originally posted by Z_Fan

Michael Jackson was likely the most famous person on planet Earth. To die suddenly is a shock, and the world will talk about this for a while - and hundreds of millions of people, maybe even billions of people, will remember where they were and what they were doing at the exact moment they heard this news. That alone is a big accomplishment - whereas most of us when we die, no one will blink an eye or give two shits other than our immediate family!

R.I.P.
    I don't get this, why does it matter the way the rest of the world views us? I really couldn't give a shit if the rest of the world didn't care when I died, my family and some friends are the only ones I would care about.

This latest generation of kids are starting to think like this, that the most important thing in life is to be famous and to have as many people as you can know about you, this is what I hate about facebook and myspace and all those other social network things, thats whats created this whole "Look At Me" generation.

My Ride
    66 Accord

I don't think you get it sir...

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by DannyO

I don't get this, why does it matter the way the rest of the world views us? I really couldn't give a shit if the rest of the world didn't care when I died, my family and some friends are the only ones I would care about.

This latest generation of kids are starting to think like this, that the most important thing in life is to be famous and to have as many people as you can know about you, this is what I hate about facebook and myspace and all those other social network things, thats whats created this whole "Look At Me" generation.
    As I get older I become more and more aware of the fact that life is finite and when were dead and gone we can either be remembered as a nobody and forgotten or we can leave a legacy, whether it be through our children and/or through the public. That's one of the reasons why I have no respect for Bush, he will forever be remembered as the President who destroyed the US. Think what you want about MJ he left a huge legacy and will forever be remembered. It's ironic that he was always running from his race because he knocked down the walls that blacks had dealt with in the US if not the entire world and it doesnt seem to bother him. Michael was a great philanthropist and was responsible for the success of many charities. Towards the end of his career he did become a weird dude but I really don't think he was the type of person who would violate a child, it almost seemed like he had no sexual desires at all. His second wife was a nobody and from what I gather was basically just used to baer children for Michael. He had many longtime friends and I think that if he would have molested children they would have suspected and he would have lost them ages ago.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 06-26-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I think you guys misunderstood my post, I'm not saying MJ didn't have an impact or make an impression, or did good or anything, I'm not talking about people who do good, or end up doing bad in this world and being remembered, if someone becomes famous and does good with it, thats great, I don't understand why people just want to be known, look at all the people trying to be a hit on youtube for pointless reasons, they just wanna be famous to be cool.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by DannyO
    Thats true, but I don't think it would be limited to just 2, I can remember quite a few events and where I was at the exact time.
    If you read it again, I was implying to more or less our entire generation, not just one person's memories.

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Originally posted by Melinda

If you read it again, I was implying to more or less our entire generation, not just one person's memories.
    I know what you mean in your post, there are things that happen in your lifes that make an impact in our memory.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I'm torn on this guy. He was a brilliant artist and talent. Unfortunately due to an abusive upbringing and character flaws he became sort of a train wreck or side show freak. Was he a molester? I'm not sure but something wasn't right with him and I wouldn't let my kids in the same room has him that's for sure. Still pretty tragic that he died as such a young age. I guess maybe he would have been better off breathing the same air as everyone else because all the masks and such didn't help in the end.
    werd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-cHBv7UpA
    is getting a gross number of comments per minute!

edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJb...eature=channel
    is getting even more comments per minute, a page fills within 20 secs!
    Last edited by sneek; 06-26-2009 at 12:33 AM.

My Ride
    88 Mr-2 N/A / 86 Celica GTS

RIP MJ
    Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

My Ride
    1992 Pathfinder, 1990 VG30DETT

RIP. MJ
    Thriller shall be played on repeat.

My Ride
    oooo

Q: If you had a little boy (like I do) would you let him stay with Micheal Jackson at the Neverland Ranch for a sleep over?

I'm normally very sympathetic to this kind of stuff but this and David Carradine.... not so much.

No question that 18 years ago he was an amazing artist that changed the scope of music, and yes I have a bunch of his albums, but OJ was an amazing football player many years ago too. That doesn't mean shit today.

I realize i am not popular, but i know there are a lot of people that feel the same way as I do.

If you look into the Jordan Chandler case, even his sister La Toya said she believed he was a pedophile (then later retracted her statement). Normally (Kobe Braynt) when these things come up there is atleast some truth to them.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

RIP MJ, you're seriously going to be missed. Iconic, a brilliant performer and world-wide reknown. Absolutely brilliant. RIP. When I was a kid - this was the first tape my Dad bought for me. "Thriller." Ah, what a legend.

I think this calls for a lil' Chris Tucker action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8AXyD-vdo

Ray
    Last edited by 5fivespeed; 06-26-2009 at 02:11 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sillysod
    If you look into the Jordan Chandler case, even his sister La Toya said she believed he was a pedophile (then later retracted her statement). Normally (Kobe Braynt) when these things come up there is atleast some truth to them.
    Dude, La Toya was flat broke at the time and didn't go to the cops, went to the tabloids to give them a story for $500k to say he was a pedo. That's the source of the La Toya comment.

She later retracted it because she said she was forced by her husband to do it to dig them out of a financial hole. She was disowned by the family for a LONG time for that incident, but Michael forgave her years later.

Good thing you compared to the Kobe situation, that was another obvious money grabbing attempt, because rape never happened. The chick that accused Kobe was in Calgary whoring it up at cowboys. There's a thread on it on beyond.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by rage2

Good thing you compared to the Kobe situation, that was another obvious money grabbing attempt, because rape never happened. The chick that accused Kobe was in Calgary whoring it up at cowboys. There's a thread on it on beyond.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/38700/kob...ws-in-calgary/

This is a sad day for me as in recent yrs, the celebrities I grew up with are dying one by one. It's like part of my childhood is being chipped away. Crap, I am old...

RIP to:
    Christopher Reeves, David Carradine, Farrah, Bronson,
    Ed Mchahon, Michael Crichton, Steve Jobs, Ricardo Montalban, Bernie Mac, George Carlin, Stan Winston, Roy Scheider, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger....and more.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by 2fast4me
    This is a sad day for me as in recent yrs, the celebrities I grew up with are dying one by one. It's like part of my childhood is being chipped away. Crap, I am old...

RIP to:
    Christopher Reeves, David Carradine, Farrah, Bronson,
    Ed Mchahon, Michael Crichton, Steve Jobs, Ricardo Montalban, Bernie Mac, George Carlin, Stan Winston, Roy Scheider, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger....and more.
    Steve Jobs from apple?

RIP MJ!.. forever missed.. never forgotten..
    truly deserve the title "The King of Pop"

i wonder if anyone is gonna hold a get together in calgary for tribute to mj?

Isn't there a kayne west? song that says something about 'you'll always be the old micheal to me'.

Thats the problem with this whole 'don't make jokes he died'.. Well all of you for the last 15 years would have made jokes about him, any day of the week. But now that he's died you'll remember the old him and brush off the other stuff.. But thats all anyone talked about in recent years. So how happy did he die being the worlds joke the last number of years? And I wonder where the age gap will show up between those who remember him as a star and those who will remember him as a train wreck...

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

What really pisses me off is that when he was under the light with child molestation charges etc everyone was openly expressive such a negative view towards MJ. Now that he dies everyone loves him I just don't get it I have always been a fan and even when he was under all that negative press I was wearing a shirt that said "Free MJ" I guess its similar to bandwagon jumpers in regards to the Calgary Flames

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    What really pisses me off is that when he was under the light with child molestation charges etc everyone was openly expressive such a negative view towards MJ. Now that he dies everyone loves him I just don't get it I have always been a fan and even when he was under all that negative press I was wearing a shirt that said "Free MJ" I guess its similar to bandwagon jumpers in regards to the Calgary Flames
    Agreed. The press can be fucking brutal sometimes. I've been defending MJ since forever, even got made fun of for doing it on the beyond thread in his last trial. So sad what ppl believe just because it's on the news or on the internet.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast