Quantcast
06-09 Civic Si Flashpro Local Tuners - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 06-09 Civic Si Flashpro Local Tuners

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default 06-09 Civic Si Flashpro Local Tuners

Since Hondata came out with the Flashpro for the new K20 in the Si, any local tuners had one yet?

Thinking of going this route.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

any tuner with experience tuning rsx's with k-pro should be fine. other than boost...

My Ride

That's what I was thinking. There are some differences, but nothing a Kpro guy can't handle I'm sure.

Maybe Speedtech will do a Group buy for some Beyonders?

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    FAP,BEG

Originally posted by Darkane
    That's what I was thinking. There are some differences, but nothing a Kpro guy can't handle I'm sure.

Maybe Speedtech will do a Group buy for some Beyonders?

ya we can look into a group buy

if we can get 10 or more i can offer you guys a better price and a free intake manifold gasket

Powerd by-J's Racing,Spoon,T1-R,Volk,ASM,Cusco
    www.speedtechracing.com

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Matt at Tecmotion could tune it he has experience with the K pro

My Ride

Bumping this thread.

So anybody play with this thing? It's pretty sweet.

Just got one, played with the MAF, and MAP tunings.

MAP is hands down better, while MAF might see better fuel economy, the Throttle response, no rev hang etc of MAP is better.

If anyone has the software I can post my Datalog to be viewed.

Good stuff

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Slow Injected

I have one but I didn't think the changes were that drastic, maybe it's because I only have intake and exhaust. I chose the injen CAI MAP to use.

My Ride

Originally posted by gyu
    I have one but I didn't think the changes were that drastic, maybe it's because I only have intake and exhaust. I chose the injen CAI MAP to use.
    Wierd. I can get my tires just ready to loose traction in first gear if I hammer it. No chance before.. Mind you I'm 700ft above sea level and you're 3400. Post up a datalog so we can have a look.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by gyu
    i used to use the injen cai map and now i have a tune from jeff evans. the difference is night and day. i couldn't believe how bad the hondata basemap was.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

The datalog button for mine doesn't work so I can only datalog by laptop . I tried taking it apart to see if there's a wire unplugged but you can't take apart the plastic that's connecting directly from the datalog button so I can't see if it is a disconnected wire.

Yeah I've thought about e-tunez but I don't have many mods at this point so I don't want to have to pay now and then having to get another tune later on if I get a header or something.

My Ride

Originally posted by gyu
    The datalog button for mine doesn't work so I can only datalog by laptop . I tried taking it apart to see if there's a wire unplugged but you can't take apart the plastic that's connecting directly from the datalog button so I can't see if it is a disconnected wire.

Yeah I've thought about e-tunez but I don't have many mods at this point so I don't want to have to pay now and then having to get another tune later on if I get a header or something.
    Well, you should datalog it with the computer. I mean how the hell do you know you're not running lean or rich as hell?

just because it's a hondata base map, doesn't mean it's safe lol.

Datalog, post it up.

Just for reference, My base MAF tun was rich, in the 11's from 4k to redline. That's brutal.

My base MAP tune was much better, 13:1, with a small spike to 13.4:1 at vtec and then 12.8:1 during vtec.

Thats pretty good for a base tune. Later I can tune it for my mods when I get them.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by gpomp
    i used to use the injen cai map and now i have a tune from jeff evans. the difference is night and day. i couldn't believe how bad the hondata basemap was.
    Did you datalog the stock tune? I wanna see how bad they had it.

What other mods did you do? Did you Dyno?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

i did not log it but i could tell it was pinging between 2000-3000 rpm under load. looking at the two maps, the ignition is completely different.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

oh yea i should've stated that I don't have a laptop which is why I can't datalog lol. I've tried on my cousin's laptop and it runs around 13:1 if I remember right