Quantcast
Would you pimp this up and down Macleod Tr.? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you pimp this up and down Macleod Tr.?

Default Would you pimp this up and down Macleod Tr.?

Assume it's powered by a twin turbo SRT-4 motor making 550hp, weighing approximately 1200lbs.

Pimp ride or kinda eh?

Nothing wrong with throwing an SL-R into the mix when deciding 917....or SL-C....or SL-R for the next build

wouldn't really be that much fun down macleod, but maybe race city or a nice stretch of highway

Originally posted by buh_buh
    wouldn't really be that much fun down macleod, but maybe race city or a nice stretch of highway
    Why? Seems like having a total ride height (ground to top of roll bar) of approximately 38'' would make for a nice......safe......drive up and down Macleod

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Imagine rear-ending a semi in that thing. Goodbye face.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Take the racing graphics off and paint it satin black - and I'd be all over that!

Last edited by Kloubek; 06-26-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Originally posted by Pollywog
    Imagine rear-ending a semi in that thing. Goodbye face.
    Total height is around 38'' - that's like to your belly button if you're average height - I think chances are you'd literally drive right underneath him

SEe, safety at its finest

On the other hand, I'd be more worried about rear-ending something like a civic or a smart car - I can't drive underneath them!

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I like his take on it

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Take the chrome rims out - have them the same color as the roll bars. Brushed ftw.

Ray

My Ride
    Stuff

I would definitely drive that, where can I get one?
    I like cars.

Originally posted by Cody D
    I would definitely drive that, where can I get one?
    RCR - kit car company. You have to build it

My Ride
    Stuff

Looks like they make kit cars of kit cars, haha.

Their Superlite Coupe looks like a knock off of the Ulitma GTR, and the Superlite Roadster is a knock off of the Atom.

That probably wouldn't stop me though, nothing matters when your power to weight ratio is two and a half times that of a Viper.
    I like cars.

Originally posted by Cody D
    Looks like they make kit cars of kit cars, haha.

Their Superlite Coupe looks like a knock off of the Ulitma GTR, and the Superlite Roadster is a knock off of the Atom.

That probably wouldn't stop me though, nothing matters when your power to weight ratio is two and a half times that of a Viper.
    With the main difference being both the SLC and SLR are leagues better than their counterparts

But you're right about the power to weight - if you don't drive it properly, scary as shit and hellllllllllo ditch. Drive it right and it's a blast because it's how the old story goes:

- if you race a 14 seocnd car, you're a 13.5 car
    - if you race a 12 second car you're a 11.5 car
    - if you race a 10 second car you're a 9.5
    - if you race a low 9ss car, magically you're also a low 9s car when balls to the wall

ehehe

My Ride
    Stuff

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
    With the main difference being both the SLC and SLR are leagues better than their counterparts
    Well the nice thing is the price isn't near what a base Atom 3 costs, and unlike the Ultima you don't have to order parts from the UK.
    I like cars.

You planning on a DCR TT setup? Cause you'll be lucky if you see 550 HP and even luckier if you manage to spool by 4500 rpm. You're better off going with an S256. Since you're clearly going to building the bottom end you may as well do some head work. I bet you'd see spool around 3500 and a little over 500hp with that combo. On race gas or meth of course, but there are dynos of that thing doing 400hp on stock head and pump gas.

Originally posted by Mibz
    You planning on a DCR TT setup? Cause you'll be lucky if you see 550 HP and even luckier if you manage to spool by 4500 rpm. You're better off going with an S256. Since you're clearly going to building the bottom end you may as well do some head work. I bet you'd see spool around 3500 and a little over 500hp with that combo. On race gas or meth of course, but there are dynos of that thing doing 400hp on stock head and pump gas.
    Sorry, what's a S256 - is it a series of mods (head work, etc....) to an srt-4 engine?

I've been talking with Darrel and he has some very interesting options ..... not as interesting as a balls out V8 I'm used to, but interesting for a 4cyl =)

Are there any well known canadian SRT-4 builders who can build a heck of an engine at a good price?

It would seem my options are kind of limited, based on prilimary research, such as s DCR setup, or just using a pallete from a wrecked car from ebay and throwing on a mopar stage 3 package.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Can't say i want to die enough to drive this down deerfoot... i have enough trouble with my civic thinking its an Airbus.

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I'd rock that completely, especially if it was all black like what Kloubek said (especially if the tubing was black).

Just not in Calgary, Race City is closing down, and the track doesn't seem like much of a track anyway, you probably wouldn't be able to stretch its legs much, and the Alberta road network isn't the most fun place to drive around, unless you head west.

Maybe I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think anything that weighs 1200lbs wouldn't have that much difficulty spooling a big turbo. I don't even know what kind of powerband I'd want to have in a 1200lb car. Either way it'll be dangerous/fun, and the two are not mutually exclusive.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by buh_buh
    Maybe I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think anything that weighs 1200lbs wouldn't have that much difficulty spooling a big turbo. I don't even know what kind of powerband I'd want to have in a 1200lb car. Either way it'll be dangerous/fun, and the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Im no rocket scientist when it comes to car, but what would the cars weight have to do with how fast it could spool a big turbo? Would that not be more related to engine output or displacement?

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

There's one way to make sure you don't get hurt in this thing:

Don't crash.

*edit* I always wondered why everyone is so hung up on crash safety. In 20 years I've never crashed a car. I've been bumped, sure, but never crashed at any speed at all.. And a few people here know how I drive
    Bought not built!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast