Quantcast
Test Drove 370Z - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Test Drove 370Z

Default Test Drove 370Z

Hey all,
    I thought I would just share some thoughts on the new 370Z

Exterior looks amazing I think. Great lines on the body and the flared wheels wells give it a really aggressive look
    Unfortunatly that feel doesn't transfer to the inside. I found the interior quite lacking with the cloth/ leather seats. I know that "true" sports cars opt for the cloth seat as the hold the drive and limits sliding around... but at least get some better stuff!!
    The guage pods sitting on the dash don't do it for me, and that cubby in the middle of the console looks out of place (if you don't have the navi).
    No sun roof.. but the topless version should be out later this year.

The drive it self was very smooth. 332hp (and about 1000lbs lighter than my G) accelartes nicely thought a broad usable powerband. You still can feel a solid pull even on the high way in 5th gear.

My other gripe would be that visibility is a little restricted when shoulder checking, but that just may be me.

I didn't get a chance to see how that rev matching down shift works ( it is an option on the sports model).

Over all a very capable sports car starting at 39K list. Sports pkg is 3K more.
    Last edited by psi_klops; 06-28-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Default Re: Test Drove 370Z

Originally posted by psi_klops

The drive it self was very smooth. 332hp (and about 1000lbs lighter than my G) accelartes nicely thought a broad usable powerband. You still can feel a solid pull even on the high way in 5th gear.
    a 03 g35 coupe weighs ~3300lbs .... a 370z does not weigh 2300lbs; it weighs around 3300 as well.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

The RevMatch technology is pretty cool, but I'd still opt for the base model that doesnt have the RevMatch the sports model does, its more fun than letting the computer do all the work for you

And yes your right about the visibility in the rear windows issue

And goodluck with trying to get one for 42K on a sports model.......our dealership is selling them for 58K and people keep on buying them, the demand is there
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    The RevMatch technology is pretty cool, but I'd still opt for the base model that doesnt have the RevMatch the sports model does, its more fun than letting the computer do all the work for you

And yes your right about the visibility in the rear windows issue

And goodluck with trying to get one for 42K on a sports model.......our dealership is selling them for 58K and people keep on buying them, the demand is there
    they jacked up the price that much? we're still selling for msrp.

My Ride

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

they jacked up the price that much? we're still selling for msrp.

Lets just say the dealership I work for are shady....they take off all the MSRP stickers and make up their own price....but when buying a car, the buyer should already have done research to know if he/she is getting ripped or not but still shady dealership tactics....
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    STi

Default Re: Test Drove 370Z

I didn't get a chance to see how that rev matching down shift works ( it is an option on the sports model).
    That's like cheating. More rewarding if you have to do it yourself

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I think the 370z looks amazing
    I would love to try one out.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

lol @ 1000lbs lighter..

I will completely agree with the materials complaint, and just the general feeling that the interior is lacking. The performance aspect of the vehicle somewhat outweigh its bland interior (as most performance vehicles do) but at least the new g coupe and convertible will give consumers the option to upgrade the styling of their interior - at the cost of adding an extra two seats and completely different styling cues. I wasn't a fan of the exterior styling on the new 370z until I saw one in person - looks beefier than its predecessor.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Default Re: Re: Test Drove 370Z

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

a 03 g35 coupe weighs ~3300lbs .... a 370z does not weigh 2300lbs; it weighs around 3300 as well.
    Maybe his G35 has 1000 lbs of stereo gear.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 4doorj
    I think the 370z looks amazing
    I would love to try one out.
    lol j! is there a car you don't like?

Default Re: Re: Re: Test Drove 370Z

Originally posted by soloracer

Maybe his G35 has 1000 lbs of stereo gear.

if true....

in retrospect, I am sure my weight calculations were off.
    I checked the sticker on my G and it said (i think) 1986kg and the 370z was 1482kg (converted at 2.2lbs/kg) I may have been looking at the wrong numbers though
    Last edited by psi_klops; 06-28-2009 at 11:38 AM.

My Ride
    335i

G35 curb weight - 3400lbs

G37 curb weight - 3590lbs
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I bet some guys use to think hand cranking an engine was more rewarding when first electric starters came on the market.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

in retrospect, I am sure my weight calculations were off.
    I checked the sticker on my G and it said (i think) 1986kg and the 370z was 1482kg (converted at 2.2lbs/kg) I may have been looking at the wrong numbers though
    I think that may be the load factor for the tires.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Originally posted by max_boost
    lol j! is there a car you don't like?
    hahaha
    Im open-minded when it comes to cars.
    I really think that all manufacturer's are making really cool cars. Unlike 10 years ago I would never of thought I would like a hyundai car.

But really I don't like the vw beetle's, kia forte's, the new nissan sentra's... my list can go on for a long time hahaha
    Last edited by 4doorj; 06-28-2009 at 04:18 PM.

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

Originally posted by dj_rice
    from what i have read, you are able to turn on/off the revmatch function.

My Ride

Originally posted by ryanallan
    from what i have read, you are able to turn on/off the revmatch function.

That is correct, but if your gonna turn it off, you might as well buy the base model

exciting standard / dull auto; cheap interior + limited luxury options at said price deter smart buyers from driving this decent, but not extraordinary, vehicle.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I saw one today. It looked horrible from the rear view IMO. Looks like a small waisted woman with massive hips/thighs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast