Quantcast
[Hong Kong] 22 Year-Old Drunk Foreigner Stole a Taxi and Killed a Taxi Driver - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Hong Kong] 22 Year-Old Drunk Foreigner Stole a Taxi and Killed a Taxi Driver

Default [Hong Kong] 22 Year-Old Drunk Foreigner Tried to Escape in a Near-Totalled Taxi

A taxi driver carrying a drunk foreigner lost control of the taxi and hit three other taxis on the incoming lane. The 58 year-old driver died in the process.

Whilst being apprehended, the drunk foreigner tried to drive off with the near-totaled taxi, covered 50m before hitting yet another taxi head-on.

[Video is in Chinese, but it doesn't take much to tell what's going on.]

EDIT: Looks like I got the story wrong. It's fixed now.
    Last edited by Xaroxantu Zero; 06-28-2009 at 10:19 PM.

My Ride
    Taco

Where's the foreigner from?

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

Wow.. the police are friggen pussy's, they dont even put him into hand-cuffs or even take him out of the drivers seat in the first place.. pathetic

My Ride
    A fat car

Originally posted by B20EF
    Where's the foreigner from?
    That fucked up drunk is from oz I believe... HK police are quite tame in comparing w/ N.A. ones because retarded honkees complain about everything that they do so they are afraid to use force when they should... It's a shame really, ppl complain and complain and that de-motivate what the authority should do

OZ???

wow thats fucken retarded, i hope he goes to Jail in HK

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by GQBalla
    OZ???

wow thats fucken retarded, i hope he goes to Jail in HK
    And forced to eat rice for the rest of his life.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

I've never seen a Chinese news report before. I really enjoyed that.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

but what if he likes rice!

My Ride
    Taco

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I read an article while in Bangkok that white prisoners kept dieing in Bangkok prison from malnutrition because they ate the rice they were given.
    The Thai prisoners would use the rice to lure cockroaches and eat them for the protein to stay healthy.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Phihalo

That fucked up drunk is from oz I believe... HK police are quite tame in comparing w/ N.A. ones because retarded honkees complain about everything that they do so they are afraid to use force when they should... It's a shame really, ppl complain and complain and that de-motivate what the authority should do
    People like you make me like being white.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by KO22
    Wow.. the police are friggen pussy's, they dont even put him into hand-cuffs or even take him out of the drivers seat in the first place.. pathetic
    No kidding. Just lean in the car and ask if he's ok then let him stumble around. If anyone deserved a Rodney King beating...

Off topic but those HK reporters were far from hot.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by Phihalo

Fucking white people..

oh wait. I don't think he was white.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    A fat car

Originally posted by kevie88

Fucking white people..

oh wait. I don't think he was white.
    Haha I'm just telling it the way I see it here. Off topic, I agree w/ the reporter being not too hot (i heard taiwan is where it's at to find hot reporters)

Had this been anywhere in the States or even Canada, this guy would have been shot when he tried to take off in the taxi again... But then I guess the cops here wouldn't just let him sit in the driver seat of a stolen car while they tend the wounded.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

wow. good quality clip!lol. at the live scene. RIP 58 yr old driver.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    R50

Wait let me get this story straight. It was the original legit cab driver that hit 3 cars. And while the police was there to sort out the scene. Then, the foreigner guy suddenly took off in the wrecked taxi and hit another going the wrong way up a ramp.

At the end there was a discussion about should the keys be outta the ignition at the first place. But to be fair to the police, the foreigner dude looks pretty busted up from the accident to begin with, so they let him stayed in the car to await treatment. I mean, who would have thought that an injured drunken idiot would take off all of a sudden?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by cdnsir
    Wait let me get this story straight. It was the original legit cab driver that hit 3 cars. And while the police was there to sort out the scene. Then, the foreigner guy suddenly took off in the wrecked taxi and hit another going the wrong way up a ramp.

At the end there was a discussion about should the keys be outta the ignition at the first place. But to be fair to the police, the foreigner dude looks pretty busted up from the accident to begin with, so they let him stayed in the car to await treatment. I mean, who would have thought that an injured drunken idiot would take off all of a sudden?
    Correct. The original crash in which the driver died happened when the guy who sat in the front fought with the taxi driver. The cops didn't know this at the time, which is why the keys were left in the car, because the Aussie wasn't a suspect at this point.

All the cabbies are talking about it here. They seem to know the inside scoop... or they're full of shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Should get some Gen-X cops on the force again.

How do they know he fought with th cab driver and caused the crash?

Theres a short video here in English that shows the second crash.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...86-401,00.html

Kelsey Michael Mudd charged with murder
    By staff writers and wires
    NEWS.com.au
    June 29, 2009 02:48pm

Aussie charged for Hong Kong murder

An Australian has been charged with murder in Hong Kong after the driver of a taxi he was in died....

AN Australian man has appeared in a Hong Kong court charged with the murder of a city taxi driver.

Kelsey Lord Michael Mudd, aged 22, appeared at Eastern Magistrates' Court today charged with the murder of the 58-year-old driver in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Mr Mudd, dressed in a navy blazer, checked shirt and khaki trousers, confirmed his name and did not enter a plea during the short hearing.

He wore a surgical mask in the dock, and cuts were clearly visible on his face.

Mr Mudd's parents both attended court.

His request for bail was turned down and the case was adjourned until a later date.

The Sunday Morning Post citing police sources, said there had been a dispute between the driver and Mr Mudd before the incident in Hong Kong's Central district.

The car smashed into the central railings and then hit three taxis travelling in the opposite direction, police said.

Police allege the passenger then moved into the driver's seat and drove off on the wrong side of the road, before hitting another taxi.

The Post said the passenger was being treated by paramedics when he took control of the car and traffic police were already at the scene.

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesperson said they were attempting to contact Mr Mudd and his parents, who live in Hong Kong.

The Post named the 58-year-old deceased driver of the taxi as Wong Chi-ming and said he was married and had a son and a daughter.

Photographs in the newspaper show the bloodied face of a passenger, with captions identifying him as Mr Mudd.

- With AFP

My Ride
    09 WRX

Wow, I bet the aussie could have made up pretty much any story about what happened and got off the hook, but decided to flee from the scene. What a goof.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast