Quantcast
Pet Peeves (MEGA THREAD) - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves (MEGA THREAD)

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

People who are chronically late.

Parents who can't be bothered to help out with their kid's sports team / group activity when volunteer help is needed for things to run smoothly.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Silverado

^and they are the first to complain that things aren't going smoothly.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Le sigh, lolwut, u mad bro, butthurt, jelly, douche canoe, bromance, meh, threw up in my mouth, wait what, no just no, facepalm, that's what she said.

I hate all of that, not because it was never funny in the first place, just for the fact that it's repeated so often.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

U mad bro?

LulZ!

:P

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by cjblair

This x1200.

If youre a cyclist and you can stay ahead of me, then by all means, get ahead of me and we'll both get on with our lives.

However, if you squeeze past me then I get stuck behind you 10 seconds after the light turns green (cause I don't drive like an asshole and get my rocks off by having close brushes with cyclists), you can go eff yourself you self righteous narcissistic asshole.
    Yeah, I cycle to work but I'll never cut in front of a car and hold up everyone else. If I'm riding on the road and there are cars in front of me at a stop, I'll pull up behind them as if I'm in a motor vehicle. I don't care if you go around and pass me, but I am not riding on the curb unless it's a really wide lane. I've tried to be courteous to drivers in the past by riding along the curb, but I've been run off the road enough times that I'm more concerned about my safety now than you getting where you need to get a few seconds sooner.

While on the topic of cyclists, when you're riding on the path and there's pedestrians/joggers in the oncoming "lane" (for a lack of a better term) and the cyclist behind them passes them by cutting into your lane. Rather than pulling back onto their side and waiting until it's clear to pass the pedestrians/joggers, they continue riding on your side of the path towards you and the rest of the oncoming cyclists and they act like you're in their way.

Originally posted by SKR
    Le sigh, lolwut, u mad bro, butthurt, jelly, douche canoe, bromance, meh, threw up in my mouth, wait what, no just no, facepalm, that's what she said.

I hate all of that, not because it was never funny in the first place, just for the fact that it's repeated so often.
    My bad.

Ungh, people who use that need to learn to become normal, functional adults.

My Ride
    Silverado

You bros are soooo butthurt

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

people trying to or turning left while the sign clearly states no left turns during rush hour.. ><

im talking about all you fuckers on centre street

My Ride
    1985/1986/1988 4runner

Just Energy door to door salesmen/scammers. "Sir, I can save you thousands in carbon taxes if you just let me look at your gas bill.....". Guy was a pushy "new Canadian" so I was a little more patient than I usually am.

Oh, and I take Memorial eastbound to Deerfoot north everyday, and the exit lane backs up pretty badly. It pisses me off to no end when people try to cut in front either at the lights or across the solid white line. I never let anyone in and usually play games with people who try to force their way in. If I have to wait then they have to wait.
    Last edited by 4runneron36s; 06-17-2016 at 08:24 AM.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by 4runneron36s
    I never let anyone in and usually play games with people who try to force their way in. If I have to wait then they have to wait.
    Amen. Anyone who thinks otherwise can eat a dick while I make you wait behind me.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Wakalimasu
    people trying to or turning left while the sign clearly states no left turns during rush hour.. &gt;&lt;

I refuse to use centre street between 12th ave and 16 ave because of this, it's faster to whip up to Edmonton trail or 4th street west
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Wakalimasu
    people trying to or turning left while the sign clearly states no left turns during rush hour.. &gt;&lt;

Honk endlessly till they move. If there's a car between you and offending car, honk endlessly at that car for not honking at offending car. The answer is always more honk.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Feruk

Honk endlessly till they move. If there's a car between you and offending car, honk endlessly at that car for not honking at offending car. The answer is always more honk.
    I just lay on the horn as well
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by finboy

I refuse to use centre street between 12th ave and 16 ave because of this, it's faster to whip up to Edmonton trail or 4th street west
    4th Ave downtown is the worst.

Finding the ice cube tray(s) with one or two ice cubes in them and several trays in this same state. Is it that difficult to refill an ice cube tray or is it something that just befuddles some people. Quite annoying when four trays have a grand total of ten or so ice cubes amongst them when full they can provide 56.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ice Maker in the fridge solves that problem.

Ran into this again today. Places that don't open early. Now that I'm an old guy, I can't sleep in, and I'd like to get out and get shit done first thing in the morning. Rolled up to my local safeway at 7:01am today, sign on the door says they open at 8:00 seven days a week. I'm sure this is somewhat new, I can recall going in early before work before.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

- Small talk

- Seniors at the bank, or at any other teller for that matter.

I have an acquaintance who also happens to be a teller at my bank. The tellers are well aware of the "weather" and "grand kids" problem, but they have to grin and bear it. The best they can do is tactfully make statements that hint at, "There are 20 people in line, so please just shut up and go"

My Ride
    Grimace

Shitty parkers. Had 8 people parked in the middle of my culdesac yesterday along with cars poking into everyone's driveway for someone's house warming or something.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Ice Maker in the fridge solves that problem.

Ran into this again today. Places that don't open early. Now that I'm an old guy, I can't sleep in, and I'd like to get out and get shit done first thing in the morning. Rolled up to my local safeway at 7:01am today, sign on the door says they open at 8:00 seven days a week. I'm sure this is somewhat new, I can recall going in early before work before.
    No, Safeway has been 8am as long as I can remember. Superstore opens at 7, not sure about others...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Seth1968
    - Small talk
    Aren't you an IT guy? You have to hate small talk and be anti-social to be IT right? Im j/k'ing

If you do small talk right, it is amazing how you can work it to help people open up/be more receptive to you. Supet handy in business, great way to meet contacts.

"That weather doe", yea, that shit is awful.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast