Quantcast
GTI MKV? wait for MK6? TSI or FSI? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: GTI MKV? wait for MK6? TSI or FSI?

Default GTI MKV? wait for MK6? TSI or FSI?

I'm a huge fan of GTI's and as of a few days ago... the other half just said: fine get your damned GTI

She had really wanted to get a cockmobile such as a 3 series or a Audi, which I'd prefer to a BMW.

That being said, I'm a bit of a spirited driver and a VW purist who has owned a Mk2 and current a Mk4

My cousin has a 07' MK5 6speed w/ the FSI 2.0 and I thought it was an outstanding vehicle. I thought it was quite balanced and peppy... in fact peppier than I'd imagined which is probably thanks to forced induction.

Now is the coming end of the Mk5's which now has a TSI engine, which has the same output, but also has a lower suspension.

However should this sway me to buying new? Or perhaps a nice orange farrenheit edition should be in my garage instead?

its really fsi vs tsi, which even on the Vortex forums, can't seem to deliberate whether which is actually better.

Also, with the MK6 coming out... I don't actuality know if I should pull the bullet.

Me wants either the orange beast or a black 5door 6speed w/ a sunroof in cloth

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i have a candy white 07 gti, the only thing i don't like is the price of a brand new car. you can get a chip and it gets plenty of power, in fact the chip is on sale right now . i keep wanting to sell only cause i'm sick of paying for it but never try to.

Originally posted by danno
    i have a candy white 07 gti, the only thing i don't like is the price of a brand new car. you can get a chip and it gets plenty of power, in fact the chip is on sale right now . i keep wanting to sell only cause i'm sick of paying for it but never try to.
    That is quite the delimma, but I think with most cars in its supposed class with the exception of the Cobalt SS & the crappy SRT-4

If you look at all cars, stemming from the SI, C30, A3 and GTI specifically, you see how hosed we are in Canada when compared to the MSRPs in the states, but I guess we just bite the bullet unfortunatley.

The A3 compared to an equivilliently loaded GTI are pretty much the same price, which is why my other half is so hesitant to go for a GTI concidering the increased truck space and a more "mature" presentation of the Audi.

However, out of all the cars I've driven... the A3, Msp3, C30 T-5, Cobalt SS and GTI, I found the GTI & SS to be the most entertaining from my "driver's" perspective.

I think I posted that I think that the Cobalt SS is a blast of a car, but with GM's unpredictable future and lack of overall quality/prestige, I'd rather anti up to drive a car I'd like to be in, even when I'm not trying to have fun.

My Ride
    Grimace

Personally I would wait the small time for the Mk6 just for the new features, and general newness plus the longer warranty. The engine is the tfsi iirc, the tsi is the SC/TC combo.

My Ride
    MKV GTI

I love my GTI. That being said with the MK6 around the corner I'd probably wait it out. Also, you might want to wait and see if the GTI-R will come to North America.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

the gti-r... if it comes to canada it will be way over priced. i like my car but i do wish i had bought a bigger car. right now i want a touareg v8 but that changes weekly. if you want my advice, i'd wait till the end of the year if your going to buy new should be some good deals then. but instead of new i'd buy used with low km.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

R32?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

I've heard reviews that only the MK4 R32 was a worthy ride, where as the MK5 GTI was more "pure" compared to the current R32

GTI-R seems pretty impressive, and I guess that 2.0 TSI is one strong motor with plenty of potential...

Probably a simple change over to a K04 turbo

The GTI-R question is, like the R32 will it come to Canada and at what price? or will it goes to U.S.A (er... Car and Drivers usual definition of North America).

If you can pick up a 2006-2008 used GTI for a reasonable price with "low kms" it would be worth considering. Add a chip + turbo back exhaust + intake and there is your ~260+/- hp, (more or less $ than GTI-R, only time will tell but more than likely a lot less).

If you want to go more aggressive VF offers the RSS kit (which is DSG compatible) and the RSR kit (DSG being tested). With those you get bigger turbo and loads of power.

In hindsight, I may have went for a 2006 DSG and used the "saved" cash to put into a RSS kit... but I just couldn't walk away from the Orange...

note: Other vendors offer similar upgrades.

My Ride
    MKV GTI

Originally posted by GTI_Fahrenheit
    The GTI-R question is, like the R32 will it come to Canada and at what price? or will it goes to U.S.A (er... Car and Drivers usual definition of North America).

If you can pick up a 2006-2008 used GTI for a reasonable price with "low kms" it would be worth considering. Add a chip + turbo back exhaust + intake and there is your ~260+/- hp, (more or less $ than GTI-R, only time will tell but more than likely a lot less).

If you want to go more aggressive VF offers the RSS kit (which is DSG compatible) and the RSR kit (DSG being tested). With those you get bigger turbo and loads of power.

In hindsight, I may have went for a 2006 DSG and used the "saved" cash to put into a RSS kit... but I just couldn't walk away from the Orange...

note: Other vendors offer similar upgrades.
    GTI-R will be AWD too which would be nice in Calgary.

Are you the only Fahrenheit in Calgary? I always see one rocking around downtown, wish I could have got one myself. Love the orange.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

theres more than one probably about 10 max though^^^^