Quantcast
End of the Year goals - Lets hear them. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of the Year goals - Lets hear them.

My Ride
    FWD FTW!

Originally posted by lint
    ^^^ to add, if you just wanna keep working out the same way, maybe THAT's the reason you think you're a hard gainer?
    I just started a new routine a month ago and its going well, i usually swtich routines every 3 - 4 months. I just consider myself a hardgainer because im tall and naturally lanky and can eat pounds of junk food and never gain a pound (still going through puberty i guess ahaha).

Darkane - I do get 1.5 grams of protien per pound (only 60 of that from shakes) SO HA! lolll. Also the diet is being seriously watched, been food logging for almost 3 weeks now.
    Last edited by pattyt; 07-14-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    //--// SDWZ //--//

"If in doubt, flat out" C. McRae R.I.P.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by civic_rida
    whats your body fat?
    No idea. High teens? I don't do much cardio so that needs to change. Also probably more stretching.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by pattyt

I just started a new routine a month ago and its going well, i usually swtich routines every 3 - 4 months. I just consider myself a hardgainer because im tall and naturally lanky and can eat pounds of junk food and never gain a pound (still going through puberty i guess ahaha).

Darkane - I do get 1.5 grams of protien per pound (only 60 of that from shakes) SO HA! lolll. Also the diet is being seriously watched, been food logging for almost 3 weeks now.
    Alright - I'll bite.

Assuming you're legit and not just saying you eat good and log it, breakdown the macro's for me. I'm curious.

Post up your current routine too. It could be you're truly a hardgainer and I got some tips that could help you - Indeed if you're a true hardgainer.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

What do you use to calculate body fat?

My Ride
    impreza

Last edited by mac_82; 01-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Originally posted by DarkDream
    What do you use to calculate body fat?
    Calipers at home (1 site) -least accurate
    Calipers done professionally (multi-site) -accurate up to anything around 8%bf
    Dunk test -very accurate
    Bod pod -most accurate

Anything except for at home, you gota pay/test. At home you can buy a belly fat site caliper from GNC and they claim it's within 1% of the dunk test, but...I am skeptical.

Originally posted by liquidboi69
    ~170lb BW @ 8% BF. (-8lb @ - 4%)

Squat: 405lb 1RM raw (+120)
    Bench: 315lb 1RM raw (+40)
    DL: 455lb 1RM raw (+30)
    Well it's been two months. I remember most people did not believe I would be able to reach the 405 squat by the end of the year.

I maxed everything out this week, and I got:

Squat: 365lb
    Bench: 265lb x 2
    DL: 445lb

I would say at this point...benching 315 raw is looking bleek, as bench has not improved much. However, if I continue to get stronger I'll hit the 405 by the end of the year

Another thing to note, there is no way I'll hit 170 at the rate I'm going without dehydration. I'm about 182 right now carbed and sodium'd up.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Haven't been here for a long time.
    I started in April at 263lbs.Been eating better ,and light exercising.I've lost 37lbs. Goal is to lose 40lbs by the end of September (6 months since starting,definately do-able) , and a further 20lbs by the end of the year (total 60lbs).
    Ultimate goal = to be a 170-180lbs by Easter 2010.
    Going on a cruise with the wife,got to look good !
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    TL

Well it's been two months. I remember most people did not believe I would be able to reach the 405 squat by the end of the year.

I maxed everything out this week, and I got:

Squat: 365lb
    Bench: 265lb x 2
    DL: 445lb

I would say at this point...benching 315 raw is looking bleek, as bench has not improved much. However, if I continue to get stronger I'll hit the 405 by the end of the year

Another thing to note, there is no way I'll hit 170 at the rate I'm going without dehydration. I'm about 182 right now carbed and sodium'd up.
    Nice work!!

80lbs on your squat in 2 months, holy crap!! The biggest hurdle for getting to those goals is not being afraid of the weight, once you an overcome that hurdle the lift is mentally easy to do.

Hopefully, you meet your goals by the end of the year, it does suck that gains/losses are not linear. As for the weight loss, getting to 165 might be super tough with the APU weigh in only a few hours before you start. Have you considered running something like a recomposition/TCD style diet? That might help you get rid of a bit more bf% before July.

Originally posted by Oz-

Nice work!!

80lbs on your squat in 2 months, holy crap!! The biggest hurdle for getting to those goals is not being afraid of the weight, once you an overcome that hurdle the lift is mentally easy to do.

Hopefully, you meet your goals by the end of the year, it does suck that gains/losses are not linear. As for the weight loss, getting to 165 might be super tough with the APU weigh in only a few hours before you start. Have you considered running something like a recomposition/TCD style diet? That might help you get rid of a bit more bf% before July.
    Thanks =). Ya getting to 165 is going to be tough. I'm trying to decide if I should even bother...since I can qualify for nationals at the jr 181 weight class anyway. However, 165 and those numbers will look way better on paper (if I don't lose tonnes of strength.)

I haven't really been dieting to be honest. My diet is based on the anabolic diet...but I can't really seem to stick to it. I eat fast food like 3x/week. I don't count carbs or calories, I just make sure I have enough protein (which is why I'm 182 carb'd and sodium'd up right now.)

What do you think I should do, just say f it and be in the 181? I might be too big for the 165 since I'm around 11-12% BF right now. I gained too much muscle. Even if I go to like 5% BF I'll still be around 170...I am not sure if 5lb in water/sodium could be lost.
    Last edited by liquidboi69; 09-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.

My Ride
    TL

Well you have until around July to play around with your weight class. But honestly without ever lifting in a meet, my armchair thoughts are to try and lean out to 170ish and leave the 5-8 lbs for a weight cut before. You could probably get an idea of the weight cut during your deload weeks. Unfortunately, the IPF rules are only a few hours before comp. weigh ins compared to most other feds which are 24 hour weigh ins.

I suspect that if you actually watched your diet, you could get down to that level that 165 is not too far away.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Thanks =). Ya getting to 165 is going to be tough. I'm trying to decide if I should even bother...since I can qualify for nationals at the jr 181 weight class anyway. However, 165 and those numbers will look way better on paper (if I don't lose tonnes of strength.)

I haven't really been dieting to be honest. My diet is based on the anabolic diet...but I can't really seem to stick to it. I eat fast food like 3x/week. I don't count carbs or calories, I just make sure I have enough protein (which is why I'm 182 carb'd and sodium'd up right now.)

What do you think I should do, just say f it and be in the 181? I might be too big for the 165 since I'm around 11-12% BF right now. I gained too much muscle. Even if I go to like 5% BF I'll still be around 170...I am not sure if 5lb in water/sodium could be lost.
    Good Job on the lifts man! Are you gonna do your meet Raw or in a suit?

If you are 12 % right now, it won't be a good idea to try for the 5%. I'd say try for the most fat loss while preserving strength. That might be anywhere from 5-10%, it's a tough call.

Lets just play with numbers here; At 8% that would give you roughly 4% reduction so 7.2lbs. We're now 175 fully hydrated, full sodium, AND full glycogen.

The thing is going low carb and I mean less than 30g a day (and that 30G must be green veggies only), you can drop the glycogen with some big metabolic style workouts.

That should put you down maybe another 5 pounds. Make sure all your food cooked without salt, use Mrs. Dash. It's all salt free and tastes good. Eat Chicken, Sol, Talapia. White meats low sodium.

The next trick is too use a herbal diuretic the night or two before the meet, and sweat your ass off. You can drop as much as 10-15pounds like this.

You can hit your weight easy.

For an example, When I'm depleted (Not dehydrated) It takes me 12 pounds to reach "full". That's max glycogen and hydration the excess carbs bring in.

Good luck and keep us updated for sure!

EDIT: This is Darkane
    Last edited by Redlined_8000; 09-22-2009 at 11:42 AM.

My Ride
    '00 Civic SE

I started out last September when I started school and since this is what my goals, current, and start look like:

Goals (Current) *Beginning*

Weight 175lbs. ~11%BF (159.4lbs, ~13%BF) *139lbs* skinny BF

Bench 185x5 (165x5) *~140x5*
    Squat 250x5 (205x5) *~175x5*
    Deadlift 305x5 (265x5) *~205x5*

Over the summer I battled sickness and schoolwork and lost 7-8 pounds because I didnt hit the gym for a month or eat properly.. Im getting back into it now and I've gained 4 of those lost pounds back in 3 weeks so I think I'm at least on the right track.

P.S. Started out on the built for show workout, definitely recommend it for any beginngers out there. I have recently switched to my own plan and we'll see how it goes

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Due to a recent shoulder injury, my goals have changed some what. I was hoping to put up 315lbs for barbell bench, but I doubt my shoulder will like that (I was close as my last 1 RM attempt was clean at 285lbs). I have now opted to try and incline bench press the 110lbs dumbbells (the largest MRU has) come the end of the school year. I am close as I can manage the 90s for very clean reps/sets. My squat 1 RM max is theoretically about 350lbs (which I doubt because I squat to below parallel). Currently I am working with 315lbs for reps/sets squatting. Like Drakane I have a lower back injury so dead lifting and I don't get along to well. I managed to lift 405lbs about seven weeks ago, I paid for it dearly. My back was tweaked for some time.

As far as body composition I would ideally like to see my self at about 200lbs @ current body fat (I am assuming somewhere between 12-15%) by about March or April. That means I only have about 15lbs to go.

My Ride
    99' Honda Prelude SH

Now:

Bench 165 x 5
    Squat 175 x 5
    Deadlift 255 x 5
    Weight 200 Height 6'1

Goals
    Bench 190 x 5
    Squat 225 x 5
    Deadlift 315 x 5

Weight 190

I just started working out again seriously a week ago. I am going to continue working out and hopefully I can reach these goals by the new year!

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

End of year goal for me is basically to try to drop 20-30 lbs. I'm currently at 255 so if I could get down to 220 that would be awesome but I'm not holding out for it. I'll be happy to hit 230 by Jan. 1.

Currently mostly doing cardio, running 5km in 30min want to get it down to 20min. Trying to hit the gym every 2nd day, alternating with the running. And I'm always on my bike so it should help too.

i'd honestly like to just be able to complete one, yes just ONE behind the head dumbell extension
    (http://www.shapefit.com/triceps-exer...xtensions.html)

but alas, I cannot move my left shoulder that high over my head without feeling my shoulder is going to dislocate/shatter into a million pieces...fucking injuries

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

End of year goal: 225lbs @ 14%. End of February goal: 230lbs @ 14%. End of June goal: 220lbs @ 11%

Originally posted by seer_claw
    End of year goal for me is basically to try to drop 20-30 lbs. I'm currently at 255 so if I could get down to 220 that would be awesome but I'm not holding out for it. I'll be happy to hit 230 by Jan. 1.

Currently mostly doing cardio, running 5km in 30min want to get it down to 20min. Trying to hit the gym every 2nd day, alternating with the running. And I'm always on my bike so it should help too.
    5km in 30 min is a good pace, 25 mins is very quick. Under 20.... there were 2 people who finished under 20 minutes for a 5K at the Calgary Marathon (http://www.raceheadquarters.com/resu...hon20095K.html). Running even a 24 is pretty much an all out sprint!

Good job on the progress so far, and keep striving for improvement, but keep your goals reasonable so you don't kill yourself trying to reach the impossible (or more accurately injure yourself).

My year end goals:

Weight

November 20 goal of 190lbs.
    December 31 goal of 185lbs.
    As of March 30/09 was 220lbs.
    As of August 15/09 ws 198lbs.
    Currently about 203lbs.
    Didn't lose an ounce of muscle while dropping the weight, just fat!
    Need to clean up the diet again and keep dropping. Props to Darkane and A790s posts in this section for the insights.

Lifts

Dumbell Bench to 100lbs
    As of March 30/09 was around 70lbs
    Currently lifting 90lbs for reps of 10/7/5

Dips

Dip with 25lb weight added
    Currently doing three sets of 12 unassisted

Pull-ups

Pull-ups unassisted, medium grip, 3 sets of 10
    Currently doing sets of 8/6/6 unassisted, pretty good form

Squats

Fuck, I have a ton of issues with squats. My technique sucks, my knees hurt, my back hurts from doing them; so my year end goal is really quite simply to get good technique. Next year I will work on getting better gains. Till the end, stretching out my hips and ankles and getting good form down. only if it's only the bar, or bar + a plate/side. (It's not like I don't have the strength, I can leg press 450-600lbs, but can't squat for shit - this must change).

Back

I am doing a combination of cable rows and pull downs.
    Pulldowns to 165lbs
    Rows to 235lbs.
    Sets of 5.
    Currently at about 80% of this.
    I would also like to start learning rack pulls and deadlifts. Technique first, weight second.

My main thing for the remaining three months will keeping muscle while leaning out. If I lose a bit of muscle while dropping fat%, I'm ok with that.

Let's all keep it going and check back in with 6 weeks to go until the end of the year. Best of luck!!

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Ya, I know its a super fast time but its something to aim for. I used to run 5k in about 24min but its going to be tough to get back to there even. But I'm going to try, at least it will help me lose some weight getting there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast