Quantcast
How to sell in the marketplace - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to sell in the marketplace

Default How to sell in the marketplace

If you are selling your vehicle on beyond, here are a few tips to remember to be more successful in getting your thread noticed.

1. State the year of your car in the four digit format (ie. 1992) as opposed to just 92 or '92 because the short form will not be searchable with the forum search option.

2. Create your thread subject so it is effective in conveying its point, yet not cluttered with useless information. At the same time, don't be too vague! Use the "FS: " abbreviation instead of "For Sale: ". Other abbreviations commonly used are "FT: " which means For Trade, "WTB: " which means Want to Buy and "WTT:" which means Want to Trade.

GOOD---> FS: White 1992 Civic DX Hatchback w/ mods

NOT GOOD---> i got a '92 civic hatch for sale with cai, headers, exhaust, and the paint is really good!!

NOT GOOD--->civic for sale

NOT GOOD--->selling my car

3. Provide Pictures in your for sale thread, even if your car is stock people will be asking to take a look at it. Save them some time and post it before they ask.

4. Provide the standard information at the top of your post. This information includes:

Color, Make, Model, Year, Mileage, Options, Asking Price, and any problems if any with the vehicle.

5. After your list of options you may include a more lengthy description such as some of the mods that are on the car, your oil change rituals, your car was rituals, etc.

6. Always post a price that you are asking for. You may wish to also specify that the price is OBO (Or Best Offer), or FIRM (no negotiations whatsoever). Failure to post a price will result in your thread being deleted and possibly loss of access to sell again in the marketplace.

7. Provide additional contact information, or direct your buyer to contact you in the form that you want. You could tell them to email you (remember to supply an email address that works), or you could tell them to PM you. Of course after that you will still want to check in on your thread to see if anyone has replied.

8. Use the "Trader Rating" system that is on this forum. This trader rating reflects the user's rating on previous marketplace transactions. For every sale that was positive, the trader rating is increased by one. For every sale that was negative, the trader rating is decreaseded by one. For example, a trader with FIVE positive transactions and TWO negative transactions will have a trader rating of THREE. Click on the trader rating to see the details of a user's trader rating. Use this information as supplemental information when deciding whether or not a user is trustworthy.

this guide may be updated with newer tips from time to time
    ---

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Thanks for posting this, I hopeeveryone reads it, it will clean up the board a ton.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Just a reminder to all who are posting in the Marketplace:
    Please follow the posting guidelines listed and maybe vehicles would sell a little quicker
    That is all.

true that looks like its nothing but no1 posts the shit ppl need to no " ya i got a honda for sale" whats the hells up with ppl these days!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

You would think this kind of thing would be obvious if some "really" wanted to sell their car here lol.. "yo i've got a civic for sale"
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    rx7 turbo II

umm, when i go to make a post in the market place, i type out my ad, then try to post, and it doesnt do anything, the button presses and just sits there. whats going onnn

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

is this an issue with the whole forum? or just the marketplace? Sounds to me like a timeout issue on your end.
    Travel

My Ride
    rx7 turbo II

the only thing that seems to be working for me is quick reply. If i try to start a new thread, thats when it doesnt work. Yah, it tends to do it whenever i want to start a new thread. (=

Bump! Please read this everyone. When you are done reading this, please review the marketplace rules again. There will be no exceptions.
    ---

My Ride
    Honda Civic, 2004 Yamaha R6

I do, banned!
    ---

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

wow kenny... for that disrepect, you should hunt him down and give him a surface to air bitch/pimp slap
    Last edited by Rockski; 03-10-2005 at 10:11 AM.

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

wow what a idiot, but bump for this so looking through for sale ads is easier

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P

BUMP!!!

Any new threads in the marketplace with insufficient information about the item will be removed immediately!

My Ride
    honda.

My Ride
    1997 Honda Civic - FOR SALE :(

Hi, I am definitely a newbie, how does one submit a picture?

I clicked on the browse button for what I thought was submitting a picture, but I have seen the ad, & there isn't one.

Thanks!

so im trying to put my 89 honda civic si on the forsale part but it wont let me summit hats going on with the new system
    help

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

^^^^^

and to submit a picture, you have to host the picture on another site such as photobucket as far as im concerned, then you like to the file with the [img] command

eg:

[img]www.thepictureishere.com/picture.jpg[/img]

note the slash before the img on the end one, thats to signify that the end of the pictures adress is there.

hope that helped

edit: Jeez just noticed the picture guy was from 07, whoops, ah well, im sure somebody will read it
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 07-14-2008 at 12:19 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

i love boys YEEHAW

- Owned by Rage2
    Last edited by Hakkola; 07-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast