Quantcast
Class 6 Road Test - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Class 6 Road Test

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

Default Class 6 Road Test

Just want to hear some peoples stories of their road test basically. Length of the test does it vary between tester or is it always 45-50mins. Any nightmare stories or good stories ab9out it? A specific registry I should book mine from or are they all the same? Any tips..lol. I know basically drive normal and obey all the road signs and rules etc I am more looking for pointers as in if you could of told yourself something in the past before you did the road test what would it of been.

Sitting stuck in my office on one of the nice days here in Calgary and I need to take my mind off that fact...lol.
    I couldn't think as slow as you if I tried

The test is a standardized one. They will run from 45-55 minutes from the moment you leave the registry to the moment you get your results.

As far as which office to book from, you will always get people who are angry about failing, that the examiner was biased etc etc. Dont put a whole lot of time into those comments, instead look more at the ones that are positive. Emotions tend to flare when a person is told they fail, regardless of the reasons.

If an examiner had a reputation of being unfair, believe me, Alberta transportation would be on them faster than a fat kid on a smartie.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

remember lane positioning, remember to turn off your signals, turn into the curb lane then signal over, get good at hill starts where you put it in neutral and always be moving your head looking for potential problems.

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Have you had a chance to read this thread yet? Tons of good info in there.

My Ride
    A ford....

Mine was easy, but i did mine while it was snowing...my test took about 25 mins and we simply drove around.

they will check your bike for turn signals and what not..make sure the brakes work and all that.

they will give you a walkie talkie ( i could hear it at all with the helmet and bike.

my advice would be to simply relax. obey the rules of the road...don't speed. remember your lane positions and keep your feet on the pegs when you can. don't rush red lights and keep your distance from other vehicles. remember shoulder checks as they look for that too. make it obvious that you doing them as well. most bikers will just use their mirrors instead of shoulder checking.

it is otherwise easy.

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

thanks theken and hellraiser. I was just looking for some personal experiences with the ride itself since people have write ups on what to expect but I myself would like to hear personal experience just to see the overall feeling and pointers.

Although once I get my class 6 I am going to have a hard time waiting till next year to pick up my bike I think I just might go mental. Oh well not much I can do just wait and dream of putting around on a bike until then...lol

My Ride

i went to the guy in riverbend, he makes sure you know what you are doing, he is a good examiner, I had never taken a course or really rode that much, but i understand basic principles and know how to drive, it is an easy test if you are comfortable on a bike.

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

Ya I figure that the test cant be too hard, plus I did ride a bike looong ago christ 14 years ago but now I am taking the too cool training and I suspect after that there shouldn't really be an issue with riding comfortably.

I would suspect being able to drive a standard is always a bonus since you have the concept of a clutch and gas system, just got to get used to the whole hand clutch and gas and different braking system..lol

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

It's surprising at how much the road test has changed over the years. When I took my about eight or nine years ago, if you could ride from here to there without falling over, you passed. NOBODY ever failed.

I had a buddy do his this spring and they were a lot tighter. He still passed but I would say he was a better rider than I was when I was just starting.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride

How you liking the 1000?

My Ride
    ShitBox Rustbucket

I took my test 2 years ago at the regi near Sunridge next to the future shop.

Examiner came out and told me where she wanted me to go.

Straight up to 32ave right hand turn,

First left after the lights at 36th st.

Come to the T intesection and turn right. Stop midway up the hill.

I stop, chick hops out of her car behind me. Tells me to shut engine down, start it back up and hang first left at the top of the hill,

follow road back down to 36th st and back to the registry.

Perfect score.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by theken
    How you liking the 1000?
    Stupid landscaping has kept the km's pretty low. It's not perfect but it'll do for now. It's quite a bit wilder than the Bandit, that's for sure.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    V8s

^What 1000 do you ride?