Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stabbing death Calgary's 15th homicide of '09

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Stabbing death Calgary's 15th homicide of '09

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/St...860/story.html

Stabbing death Calgary's 15th homicide of '09

By Jason van Rassel, Calgary Herald

CALGARY - A downtown resident critically wounded in a stabbing early Saturday has since died of his injuries.

James Dale Larter, 33, died in hospital Monday, police confirmed this morning.

There are few details about the case, which began about 4:50 a.m. Saturday when police responded to a disturbance inside a condo building in the 1000 block of 6th Avenue S.W. When they arrived, they found Larter lying in a hallway.

The killing is Calgary's 15th homicide of 2009.
    RIP buddy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

personal friend?
    Sig nuked by mod.

R.I.P

RIP

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/St...860/story.html

CALGARY - Two days after an attacker left his body covered with stab wounds, James Larter died in a Calgary hospital room as his young daughter slept with her head on his shoulder. Homicide investigators have now taken over the investigation into the attack on Larter, 33, who was found critically injured just before 5 a. m. Saturday in the hallway of a high-rise condominium in the 1000-block of 6th Avenue S. W. Larter never recovered from his injuries, and died Monday afternoon with his family at his bedside. "My family and I stand in the centre of that dark nightmare that all of us with children have hidden in the back of our minds--it is even more painful than I feared," his father, John Larter, said in a written statement. "Our beautiful son was our very heartbeat and breath." Among the family members present for Larter's final moments was his 12-year-old daughter, Monique, who had knelt beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. "In that safe and familiar place on her dad's shoulder she somehow fell asleep," wrote John Larter. "It was then we turned off the respirator, watched our son's face turn pale as he slipped away from us while his little girl slept." Larter's killer remains at large. "As I stood there I thought if the young man who did this to my son--and her daddy --could stand alongside me and watch all this unfold, he would be so ashamed that the knife would fall from his hand and he would never use one again -- and I would gladly forgive him," the elder Larter wrote. James Larter grew up in Calgary and attended Sir Winston Churchill High School, where he became a champion wrestler. Larter later became interested in mixed martial arts, and he competed for a local gym, Canuckles, at events in 2001 and 2004. Police initially went to the scene of the killing in response to a disturbance call, and investigators have since questioned several people. "We know that he had either friends or associates in that building--what transpired prior to that, or why he was there, hasn't been determined," police spokesman Kevin Brookwell said. Investigators haven't determined a precise motive for the killing, but investigators believe Larter knew his attacker. "They're confident it's not random," said Brookwell. Larter's killing is Calgary's 15th homicide of 2009. [email protected] © Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

fucked up.....

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

RIP
    Member since 2003.

"Among the family members present for Larter's final moments was his 12-year-old daughter, Monique, who had knelt beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. "In that safe and familiar place on her dad's shoulder she somehow fell asleep," wrote John Larter. "It was then we turned off the respirator, watched our son's face turn pale as he slipped away from us while his little girl slept."

So sad
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

RIP

My Ride
    SoupRYou

RIP

Calgary is getting out of hand this is just BS
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Civic

so sad, makes me sick, walking in the stair well, i dont even want to know what happend. A young daughter, father murdered....just a sick situation. RIP and blessings to the family and daughter.
    C-23-H

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

That's heartbreaking. RIP man.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

EM1FTW is offline I'm a fag because only fags love Hondas
    My Ride
    EM1 yo!

RIP
    Heartbreaking
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Kinda like this morning when I wanted to tell my GF to pass the sugar and it came out "You fucking bitch, you've ruined my life."

holy shit just heard about this...

knew the dude, he was good peoples.

RIP Buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Default Chang Yong Yun charged in murder of James Larter

2nd-degree murder charge laid in condo stabbing
    Last Updated: Monday, July 13, 2009 | 2:17 PM MT Comments0Recommend7CBC News
    James Larter died in hospital on July 6, two days after being stabbed. (Courtesy of Larter family)
    A suspected killer was arrested in the same apartment building in southwest Calgary where a man was found stabbed to death more than a week ago.

James Dale Larter, 33, died in hospital on July 6, two days after he was found bleeding in a hallway of a high-rise condo building in the 1000 block of Sixth Avenue S.W.

Police were initially responding to a disturbance complaint there and interviewed several people.

On Saturday night, police arrested Chang Yong Yun, 29, of Calgary in the same condo building without incident. He's been charged with second-degree murder, officials said on Monday.

Last week, police investigators said Larter had friends in the building. They said they believed he knew his attacker, but they had not determined a precise motive for the fatal stabbing.

Larter, who grew up in Calgary, was a champion high-school wrestler and loved mixed martial arts. He died in hospital with his family by his side, including his young daughter.

"We stood around his bed in the hospital where he was laying covered in knife wounds and slashes, too many stitches to number," said Larter's father, John Larter, in a statement last week.

"His 12-year-old daughter was kneeling on a chair beside him with her head resting on his broad shoulder. Her tears had soaked his hospital gown and made a perfect circle where she lay. In that safe and familiar place on her dad's shoulder, she somehow fell asleep.

"It was then we turned off the respirator, watched our son's face turn pale as he slipped away from us while his little girl slept."

John Larter continued in his statement: "As I stood there, I thought if the young man who did this to my son and her daddy could stand alongside me and watch all this unfold, he would be so ashamed that the knife would fall from his hand and he would never use one again. And I would gladly forgive him."

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I wonder what happened, you don't just get stabbed for no apparent reason. There is another side to the story. Sad nonetheless, RIP.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I wonder what happened, you don't just get stabbed for no apparent reason. There is another side to the story. Sad nonetheless, RIP.
    werd

i'm glad they caught someone though.

missed the funeral on fri, but heard a lot of people went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

maybe the owner of this condo should worry less about people parking for more than 24 hours in visitor parking and more on ACTUAL security.... dumb fucker.

The guy they arrested today lived in the condo building...that pretty much rules out a botched robbery attempt. My guess is this guy was no angel and was involved with something he shouldn't have been. Sounds pretty similar to that guy in Abbotsford who owned the MMA gym and got shot dead in his own gym's stairwell, that guy was some UN bossman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast