Quantcast
Dany Heatley in a car accident - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dany Heatley in a car accident

Default Dany Heatley in a car accident

Hope he recovers soon, thought i'd post details of what happened for those who know him. went to school with him, good kid, hope he's okay.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...30_081245_3540

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Well, he only got very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.
    Last edited by kevie88; 09-30-2003 at 07:04 PM.
    Bought not built!

Originally posted by kevie88
    Well, he only got a very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.
    yeah but he hit a wall doing 130 in a ferrari. i doubt the ferrari is doing to well anymore. it broke in half. that can't be good. how the hell does a car doing 130 break in half? you think they would make it a bit stronger. it is a ferrari after all.
    Last edited by roopi; 09-30-2003 at 07:05 PM.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Just heard his ferrari split in half!

Has anyone else noticed the EA Sports curse?
    Lately, something bad happens to whichever athlete is on the cover of EA Sports games. Iginla had the cover of NHL 2003 last year, and he didn't have too great a season. Mike Vick was on the cover of Madden 2004, and now he's out with an injury. When Dante Cullpepper was on the cover of Madden, he had an aweful season. Just an observation...
    Last edited by AquamosH; 09-30-2003 at 07:09 PM.

My Ride
    Highlander

Hmm him and his dad are clients of ours, hopefully all is okay

heres a picture of the car:

"Our preliminary reports indicated speed may have been a factor," Police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Iosty said.

oh you think?

ya his car got toasted, it looked like the body completely broke off from the chasis, it was brutal. He has some pretty bad injuries like broken jaw and stuff but yes his teammate is still in serious condition. Hope we see him back in the NHL by November!

Originally posted by kevie88
    Well, he only got very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.

Originally posted by roopi

yeah but he hit a wall doing 130 in a ferrari. i doubt the ferrari is doing to well anymore. it broke in half. that can't be good. how the hell does a car doing 130 break in half? you think they would make it a bit stronger. it is a ferrari after all.

Originally posted by AquamosH

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by AquamosH

Has anyone else noticed the EA Sports curse?
    Lately, something bad happens to whichever athlete is on the cover of EA Sports games. Iginla had the cover of NHL 2003 last year, and he didn't have too great a season. Mike Vick was on the cover of Madden 2004, and now he's out with an injury. When Dante Cullpepper was on the cover of Madden, he had an aweful season. Just an observation...
    The EA curse is really just referring to Madden. From what I hear, every cover player on a Madden cover has gotten injured that year.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

they are checking if alchohal / drugs were an issue. if they were, good they deserved to hit that wall. better a wall than a human being.

but if not, how the fuck can you hit a wall? what did it just pop out of nowhere?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    GTI

His blood alcohol level was less than legal limit, I heard, but on sportscenter they said the results of the test won't be known for a few days.

They say he was going 85m/h in a 30 zone.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 09-30-2003 at 08:04 PM.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Damn hopefully the other guy will be OK and Dany won't be found at faultm this kid has got an amazing career ahead of him.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    something green

I'd say lack of brains was a factor...
    Who cares about his amazing career, hope the guy gets time for being such an ass, and injuring his passenger...Just because he is an NHL'er that doesn't excuse him from having to be responsible for his actions... Damn rights he should be found at fault , 130km's in a 50 zone, who's fault was it, the wall?...To many of these guys get off from that kinda stuff, if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot, its Doug Gilmour sticking his finger in babysitters without consequence.... They are not above the law..Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

They aren't above the law but they definetly get away with more.

He'll get off with a fine and maybe some community service and probably have his license revoked. If he was found to be under the influence then it would be a different story and he probably would get jail time.

Originally posted by Maxt
    I'd say lack of brains was a factor...
    Who cares about his amazing career, hope the guy gets time for being such an ass, and injuring his passenger...Just because he is an NHL'er that doesn't excuse him from having to be responsible for his actions... Damn rights he should be found at fault , 130km's in a 50 zone, who's fault was it, the wall?...To many of these guys get off from that kinda stuff, if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot, its Doug Gilmour sticking his finger in babysitters without consequence.... They are not above the law..Maxt
    Exactly what I was going to say...
    I dont care if you have a hot shit car like that, dont fuck around and endanger a passenger. It doesnt matter if you are Hitler, the pope or an NHL star, stupid is stupid.

My Ride
    RX-7/92 toyota pickup

I guess thats what happens when you go from driving a pick-up or whatever they drive before they are young multi-millionares to deciding they need an exotic sports car. They should try getting a less powerful car first and carfully honing their driving skills like a true car enthusiest does.

Originally posted by Maxt
    if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot
    Wasn't that Jamie Macoun?
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by ecstasyracer
    I guess thats what happens when you go from driving a pick-up or whatever they drive before they are young multi-millionares to deciding they need an exotic sports car. They should try getting a less powerful car first and carfully honing their driving skills like a true car enthusiest does.
    Danny get a new car every few months...actually one of his dad's prime sources of income is selling off Danny's old cars...he's had plenty of different cars to play with

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

I'd hate to be the coach of the Thrashers... "Heatley's injured??? Oh shit, there goes any chance for the playoffs now!!"

I hope the other guy recovers, Sportsnet said that alcohol was not a factor, and that it was just Heatley driving like an idiot that caused the crash.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Snyder has a fractured skull.
    Hope he makes it.

Heatley's facing 5 criminal charges.

My Ride
    lots

i live 2 houses down from his parents, and i used to play street hockey with him once in a while.

does anyone know if the passenger was WEARING HIS SEATBELT????????????
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast