Thread: Spotted: Maybach 57

Originally posted by 4G63Power
    *checks wallet*...nope not even close
    HAH!

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Red face

For me, I agree with all different magazines, I will pick the new Rolls-Royce Phantom over the Maybach!
    the size of the Rolls is in between Maybach 57 and 62, so does the price.

But for the Outlook, and the interior, I also agree with those magazines, the Rolls is nicer too. ( of course, for the money, I will go for Carrera GT)

Yeah ..the Maybach is more powerful and slightly quicker (5.4 second vs 5.7 0 - 100km/h)

Anyway .. those are the car in my dream only ! ha ha ...

Again, at least, when I tell my mother, she knows what is a Rolls-Royce and knows the $$$$ too, but Maybach ? :

I think that they are both great. I would go for the Rolls too, but that is only cause I'm not a big fan of MB in general, and also because I couldn't justify the price premium of the Maybach over the S600. The 1 in 10,000 people who would recognize the Maybach for what it is wouldn't be worthwhile.

I'd probably just grab an S600 and a 911 Turbo X50 since they'd be about the same price as the Maybach.

Originally posted by C4S

For me, I agree with all different magazines, I will pick the new Rolls-Royce Phantom over the Maybach!
    the size of the Rolls is in between Maybach 57 and 62, so does the price.

But for the Outlook, and the interior, I also agree with those magazines, the Rolls is nicer too. ( of course, for the money, I will go for Carrera GT)

Yeah ..the Maybach is more powerful and slightly quicker (5.4 second vs 5.7 0 - 100km/h)

Anyway .. those are the car in my dream only ! ha ha ...

Again, at least, when I tell my mother, she knows what is a Rolls-Royce and knows the $$$$ too, but Maybach ? :

My Ride
    GTI

Justify the price premium over S600? Dude, if you're looking for a car that will just get you looks this obviously isn't the car for you. I don't care wtf the people outside are thinking when I get driven by, I'll be too busy with my seat reclined watching my favorite shows while getting a hummer from my wife.

Since I have enough money for a maybach I'll probably just buy a lambo and a porsche and a ferrari, as well, not instead of.

Edit - Note: Road and track has the maybach 0-60 as 4.9 seconds.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 11-04-2003 at 01:50 AM.

I wouldn't be driven around in a car, so maybe that is the difference. Although it is somewhat fun to be driven around, I prefer to drive.

Having been in both the S600 and the Maybach (and only driven the S600), I just can't justify the price difference. I don't buy vehicles to get looks, because I really don't care enough about what random people think.

Regardless of how much money I had, spending $320k USD on a Maybach 57 just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Personally, I would use it to fund a business, buy a vacation home or donate to charity, but that is just me.

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Justify the price premium over S600? Dude, if you're looking for a car that will just get you looks this obviously isn't the car for you. I don't care wtf the people outside are thinking when I get driven by, I'll be too busy with my seat reclined watching my favorite shows while getting a hummer from my wife.

Since I have enough money for a maybach I'll probably just buy a lambo and a porsche and a ferrari, as well, not instead of.

Edit - Note: Road and track has the maybach 0-60 as 4.9 seconds.

My Ride
    Z31 turbo, MPV V-6

the maybach is meant to be a car for ppl to work in, and to not drive, ppl dont buy it to drive around, its purpose is the polar opposite

Actually, according to the manufacturer, that is only true of the 62. The 57 is designed to be driven by the owner.

Originally posted by sin
    the maybach is meant to be a car for ppl to work in, and to not drive, ppl dont buy it to drive around, its purpose is the polar opposite

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Originally posted by E36M3
    I'd probably just grab an S600 and a 911 Turbo X50 since they'd be about the same price as the Maybach.
    Agree ! But .. I will go for a 760iL and a X 50 instead ..
    4.9 second from Road and track ? not surprise ...
    "Car" magazine from British got 5.2 and 5.4 second, which is not a big deal, every test could be slightly different ! Anyway .. if I hv a Maybach or Rolls . I hope I am not the one in the driver seat, but the back seat, right ?

P.S. I have been wondering for a long time, why all the American magazines such as Road and track etc .. they always have quicker 0-60MPH tests then those nice British Magazines ???
    I think the test drivers from England should be far better driver...
    or a car in north american is always quicker due to whatever reason??

My Ride
    GTI

Some cars it depends on altitude, I think if it's turbocharged, not sure about supercharged cars, the maybach is not NA, which could make a difference, driver won't really matter usually in an automatic trans car, unless the driver is a complete dumbass.

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

21 fucken speakers lol thats nuts

girls would be droping tops for you in -30 below

My Ride
    V167

who cares about how fast it goes 0-60 or whatever....the thing is ....I mean just look at the thing......I wouldn't give a crap if it went 0-60 in 20 seconds....crusing around in that thing would still make me

The performance is just a bonus on top of the pure luxo value of the car

the blingest of the bling

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

That is one stiff ride... nice galley Porchse 944. I heard they serviced one (Just a Mobil 1 oil change) in Calgary from the Hyatt DT dealership but has anyone seen one in Calgary???

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3