Quantcast
Nikon 2009/2010 lineup supposedly leaked? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Nikon 2009/2010 lineup supposedly leaked?

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Have you been indoctrinated by those rumour webpages like http://www.canonrumors.com/ or something?

They're not gonna abandon an already winning formula. I really don't understand why you're so adamant that they'll bring out a whole new format and lens system. Contrary to what you might think, it DOES take MASSIVE amounts of research and development to create a whole new imaging format. It's easier and much cheaper to update an existing design in a familiar format than to create whole new camera systems from scratch.

Even if, say Nikon were to bring out a MF format sensor and lens system, it would be very possible that Canon wouldn't even follow as Nikon would be making a product in which canon doesn't directly compete with. Like Nikon doesn't really make photocopiers, and Canon doesn't make eyeglasses.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Now, I wouldn't quite go that far, seeing as Leica just released a larger-than-35mm DSLR, the S2. At the low, low, price of $23,000, body-only! No, >35mm DSLRs can and will happen, just not from manufacturers heavily invested (in both time and money) in the 35mm market.
    Sorry I should have said, I don't think Nikon/Canon will be going MF. I saw the Leica though =P looks crazy.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

And I think that $23900 for the S2 . is US $ ... so ~ $30K cad, ( plus $2000 for hand grip ) ...

Spending $30K plus on a body is already one issue .. but buying all new lens ... easy .. another $50K ... that is another big problem ..

But .. when some people can spend $1/4 on a PP or AP .. someone will spend $50K plus on a camera.

I do agree, in ~ 5 yr, we might see 40- 50MP from a Canon or Nikon, ( whatever 1DS MK IV by then or D5X )

I still use my JUST 13MP 5D more then my 22MP 5DII ... as my "NOSE" isn't that good anyway ...
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Yep the good thing with those 50mp super cameras is they'll make the 1Ds Mark III super cheap or at least in my eyes. It's all the camera I need right now. So I guess a little over a decade ago when they were talking about digital sensors it was all hogwash as well.

I'm sure 5 years ago some people were predicting 4.0 GHZ computers so I don't see why its unreasonable to assume canon and nikon won't eventually have something in 50-100 megapixel cameras.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by quazimoto

I'm sure 5 years ago some people were predicting 4.0 GHZ computers so I don't see why its unreasonable to assume canon and nikon won't eventually have something in 50-100 megapixel cameras.
    What? We weren't talking about them making high-resolution sensors, we were talking about making medium format sensors. Do you understand the difference?

The two go hand in hand. There are limitations that need to be recognized. I mean seriously how many pixels can they cram. You think they are going to make 50mp cameras using a 35mm equiv body.

It is only a matter of time before both Canon and Nikon start making a higher level of glass. Things tend to evolve as it is. The current DSLRs have been running for roughly 10 years now. Eventually one of the major DSLR players is going to realize the potential for something bigger.

I mean if they could make lets just say a 1D Mark? with a 1.3x crop at 40-50 megapixels with the same iso levels and noise levels of current cameras while allowing it to shoot 5-10 FPS who in the right mind wouldn't buy the camera.

My point is in the next few years things will change drastically. I'm pretty sure that is why they have delayed the release of a 1D Mark IV and 1Ds Mark IV. Problem being right now only a few of the canon prime lenses could support a mega camera.

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Originally posted by quazimoto
    The two go hand in hand. There are limitations that need to be recognized. I mean seriously how many pixels can they cram. You think they are going to make 50mp cameras using a 35mm equiv body.

It is only a matter of time before both Canon and Nikon start making a higher level of glass. Things tend to evolve as it is. The current DSLRs have been running for roughly 10 years now. Eventually one of the major DSLR players is going to realize the potential for something bigger.

I mean if they could make lets just say a 1D Mark? with a 1.3x crop at 40-50 megapixels with the same iso levels and noise levels of current cameras while allowing it to shoot 5-10 FPS who in the right mind wouldn't buy the camera.

My point is in the next few years things will change drastically. I'm pretty sure that is why they have delayed the release of a 1D Mark IV and 1Ds Mark IV. Problem being right now only a few of the canon prime lenses could support a mega camera.

Um...why would people drop that sort of money of a 40-50 MP camera that performs exactly the same as the current ones. The current 1D is a 1.28X crop.

If I understand this correctly, you're saying that professionals are going to buy a 1D Mark<X> that costs boat loads of money more along with all the extra lenses that you're saying will exist in the future? Because they wouldn't be in their right mind if they didn't drop tonnes of cash for THIRTY additional megapixels?? If you're a professional, hopefully you'll understand the merits of not wasting money on more mega pickels, in a camera that has identical performance to the current 1D MkIII.

Originally posted by BeserkerCatSplat
    No camera company is going to sell its equipment at a massive loss, "marketing hype" or not.
    Haha, not a camera in any way, but Volkswagen did this with the Veyron. Can't see Nikon or Canon doing it though.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

M F sensor from Canon/Nikon ... I still dont see a greenlight ..

Put it this way, what is more is more important to Nikon/Canon?

Care about 1% or 2% people? or MAKING MONEY??

Are they making more money on selling D3X / 1Ds III or 1000D/450D/500D and D60/D5000/D90 now??

I think more and more small sensor DSLRs are coming, ( 4/3, I have to give them credit!)

MF from Nikon/Canon ..

Well, look how much is the S2 now .. easy $100K for body and some lens .... OK, it is LEICA .. so even Canon / Nikon can make it half price .. $50K ...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a MF, even just film.
    (of course, I would love to see a under $20K MF system from Canon or nikon .. as I do believe, BIGGER sensor->better IQ, more MP? no big deal )
    Last edited by C4S; 08-01-2009 at 09:28 AM.
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3