Quantcast
Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Default Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket

So, I'm in the wrong....was going through a red light/speed camera that I knew about, turned right at 20km/h, and got a ticket (no traffic at ALL going through that way, didn't think it takes a photo if you're turning right). Question is - if I go see the justice and see if I can get it reduced, is there a good chance they'll in turn make the registered owner ticket a ticket under my name and i'll get demerits? Or is that highly unlikely?

i picked up a red light ticket. went down to get it reduced but nothing happened in terms of demerits so i'd have to say no to your question.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Originally posted by brian_tr
    i picked up a red light ticket. went down to get it reduced but nothing happened in terms of demerits so i'd have to say no to your question.
    Awesome, thanks. Were you able to get it reduced? If so how much?

Default Re: Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket

Originally posted by Gurpy
    So, I'm in the wrong....was going through a red light/speed camera that I knew about, turned right at 20km/h, and got a ticket (no traffic at ALL going through that way, didn't think it takes a photo if you're turning right). Question is - if I go see the justice and see if I can get it reduced, is there a good chance they'll in turn make the registered owner ticket a ticket under my name and i'll get demerits? Or is that highly unlikely?
    Doesn't matter if no ones is coming, you still have to stop at a red light when turning right.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Default Re: Re: Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket

Originally posted by luv2ride_bikes

Doesn't matter if no ones is coming, you still have to stop at a red light when turning right.
    Hence my first sentence of the post having "I'm in the wrong" in it. Thanks for coming out though! Maybe go outside instead of wasting your time stating the obvious?

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

^ haha the guys just trying to help man

he could easily say

maybe go outside instead of wasting your time asking questions about your ticket that seem pretty obvious..

jeezes
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Out of curiosity, how long was the delay between the offense date and date you got the ticket?

Awesome, thanks. Were you able to get it reduced? If so how much?
    ..$50
    i think i waited 3-4 hours for that too
    maybe you'll have better luck since you were turning right. i was travelling straight through the intersection

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

juist always go super early.. like 10 minutes b4 doors open.. in and out then
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

^ yeah that would have been smart. i chose to sleep in thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

apparently going super late works well too, showing up ~30-45min before they close. worked for my dad but only the one time he's been down there

How does the camera know whether you stopped or not? Does it take video? Thought it was stills only? I don't know I'd fight that. Your allowed to turn right on a red provided you've come to a complete stop first. Not sure how the camera can judge whether you've done that using still photos. You could have stopped short and accelerated quickly around the corner. Too many variables involved there. Hmmmmm
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

It measures your speed going over the lines. There is nothing made that would be able to stop on the stop line and accelerate to 20 in the 1 foot between lines. So it assumes that you did not stop. Which you didn't. Be grateful there was no officer there to give you demerits with it

My Ride
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg

Default Re: Re: Re: Red Light Camera/Right turn ticket

Hence my first sentence of the post having "I'm in the wrong" in it. Thanks for coming out though! Maybe go outside instead of wasting your time stating the obvious?
    Maybe you could stop being a bitch and a smartass, and learn how to drive...maybe BEFORE you pay your ticket in full.

Originally posted by theken
    It measures your speed going over the lines. There is nothing made that would be able to stop on the stop line and accelerate to 20 in the 1 foot between lines. So it assumes that you did not stop. Which you didn't. Be grateful there was no officer there to give you demerits with it
    I understand what you saying, but you used the term "assumed" That doesnt fly. "We can't prove you did you, we just assume you did" doesnt work. Id fight it.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

are you saying that you can get ANYTHING from 0-20 in 1 foot? its not really an assumption, they know when you don't stop

I know in Chestermere they have video evidence for not fully stopping ect, you can even view it online.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

These aren't assumed, they are calculated, usually through ground loops underneath the pavement. It detects the speed based on the difference in magnetic field. There are also other systems, some based on video, but this isn't the thread for that. Don't bother fighting a camera ticket. They know when you stop and they know how fast you were going approaching the crosswalk and going through it.

And there's no chance they will take a RO ticket and convert it into one with demerits. Basically, just go there and within 15 seconds with the Prosecutor, he/she will usually offer a 50% decrease of the fine. I usually just say that's perfectly find and take it. I've never tried for me, and doing so would probably be pushing my luck.
    Last edited by BlackArcher101; 06-18-2009 at 11:12 PM.

I'm alright with the word calculated. Thats what I was looking for. I get my panties in a bunch whenever I see law enforcement "assuming" anything.

I'd like the parameters these devices operate under to be made public. Doubt it'll happen. The code behind them is usually pretty suspect. Breathalyzers is example "a".

Not long before all cars are monitored and an infraction ticket is issued out of your glove box. No that'll never happen, I'm crazy, just like back when I predicted unmaned photo radar. Wait.....What?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Thanks for the help everyone, appreciate it. The reason I was sketching is because I could have sworn I read that there was a risk of the justice doing that on here - glad that's not the case though.

Date of infraction was June 10th, received it June 18th - so 8 day delay I guess.

(sorry to whoever I came down harsh on in the first post, was just pissed about the ticket. kennyredline - don't know what you're trying to achieve, i'm not debating the legality - if you've never rolled through a turn at a red light or a stop sign then congrats! you're an uhm...more cautious driver than me. want a cookie?)

Thanks again everyone, I called today to make sure it was there and they said the ticket won't be in the system for at least 10 business days (thought it'd already be in there if it was through a camera), but I'll post and let everyone know how much I was able to get it reduced by and such when I'm able to go.
    Last edited by Gurpy; 06-19-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2 I'd like the parameters these devices operate under to be made public. Doubt it'll happen. The code behind them is usually pretty suspect. Breathalyzers is example "a".[/B]
    I think it probably is public already.

I know that they have the manuals for the laser and radar guns at the library at the Courthouse. Stands to reason that they would have the same documents for the photo radar and red light cameras there too. If you're that curious, go check it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast