Quantcast
Threat to EnCana: Get out or bombings will 'get a lot worse' - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Threat to EnCana: Get out or bombings will 'get a lot worse'

Default Threat to EnCana: Get out or bombings will 'get a lot worse'

Yikes! There are some psychos out there...
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...ng-letter.html

Energy giant EnCana has three months to start shutting down its oil and gas operations in northeastern B.C. or a recent series of bombings will "get a lot worse," according to a letter, which purports to be from the bomber, sent to the Dawson Creek Daily News. The newspaper reports that the two-page handwritten letter promises there will be no attacks until that deadline runs out.

"You have three months to convince the residents here and the general public that you will commit to this program, meaning that all action against you will cease for three months from the time of this note," said the letter.

"We can all have a summer vacation including your security personnel and the RCMP, who have not helped you to date anyway."

The newspaper received the letter on Wednesday and forwarded it to the RCMP, it said.

The RCMP's anti-terrorism unit has been investigating the bombings and plans to hold a news conference Thursday afternoon. It has confirmed the letter was handed over but has said very little about its contents or its authenticity.

Sending a message
    The letter called the first six explosions, which began last October and included two this month, as "minor" and "fully controlled," but said the attacks were meant to send a message.

"To let you know that you are indeed vulnerable, can be rendered helpless despite your megafunds, your political influence, craftiness and deceit in which you trusted," it said.
    It's the second letter to surface connected to the bombings. The first, received last October just before the first set of three explosions, called EnCana and other companies "terrorists" and demanded they shut down immediately.

The latest letter did not specify the exact area EnCana must leave, but did mention the company's "fancy gas plant" at nearby Kelly Lake.

The RCMP's anti-terrorism unit has been investigating the bombings, but so far no one has been charged.

RCMP tactics questioned
    The letter references recent complaints by locals of heavy-handed tactics by RCMP investigators. At least two residents have hired a lawyer with the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, demanding police stop what they call harassment and intimidation.

The note demands police allow residents to talk about their concerns with oil and gas development "unmolested by any further interrogations and/or investigations so that they can speak their minds without reprisal."

The letter ends: "Don't delay!!"
    After the bombings began, some locals admitted they had concerns about the region's booming oil patch, despite EnCana's insistence that it has a good relationship with residents in the area.

All of British Columbia's 4,000 producing oil and gas wells are located in the northeastern part of the province, and many of those are concentrated around the Dawson Creek area, east of the Rockies.

In 1996, the industry was worth about $370 million in revenues to the province. By 2006, that figure had jumped to $2.5 billion, mostly related to natural gas projects

wow, thats some crazy shit
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Stinkin' hippies
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

The RC's aren't very useful in this matter.

This should be an easy catch, and it's not.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

How would it be easy? It would be a headache because there is probably 100s of sites as 1000s of square km to try to watch.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

Eventually the bomber will fuck something up and explode himself along with a large chunk of pipe.

Haha, if they're this angry over EnCana then it's going to be an absolute shitstorm when all the big players get up there (in the next 3-5 years).

I'm working on some pretty big gas plays in the Dawson Creek area... the bombings have come up in meetings, and the general sentiment is that it isn't a big deal. They've only been going for pipeline isolation risers, or at the wellheads, and there are emergency shutdowns in place for that. If they were targeting gas plants that would be a different story.

The gas in that area is only marginally sour (0.1% H2S) for the most part... and it wouldn't cost that much to fix up a bombing in an isolated area (I'm guessing less than $50k, depending on what they bomb). There would be maybe a week of lost production on the line depending on how bad the damage is.

Fuck it, I think they're almost doing the gas companies a favor. I mean, you have to be fucking up really badly if you're making Big Oil look like the victim...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Home grown terrorism. Good thing were fighitng them in Afghanistan so we are safe..

take that george bush and zionist cronies

this isn't necessarily hippy related, it could be just a guy who lives there who happens to be pissed off

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The irony would be if these hippies did more damage to the environment via pipe spills from bombings than the oil company itself
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by DayGlow
    How would it be easy? It would be a headache because there is probably 100s of sites as 1000s of square km to try to watch.
    I guess I'm underestimating the suspect. A "hippy" wouldn't fit in around those parts and could easily be identified and questioned. If it's johnny redneck, I guess it would be a little more difficult. I hate to rag on cops, but... lets go already.

Not like there's a ton of evidence to go on though. They've actually been very active in trying to make progress... but they can only go so far.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Trust me, it's not a hippy, it's johnny redneck they are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    King Ranch with boots and a hat to match

Did they deploy more troops in iraq and afghanistan in hopes of catching these terrorists?

My Ride
    FA1

I'm sure it's not just one particular guy and more like a radical hippy organization haha. It is kind of sad though that there seems to be no leads on this at all. I mean, what if this were the petro building or something. Just sayin.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by van
    I'm sure it's not just one particular guy and more like a radical hippy organization haha. It is kind of sad though that there seems to be no leads on this at all. I mean, what if this were the petro building or something. Just sayin.
    Well that would be under CPS jurisdiction, and we would likely have leads by now.