Quantcast
Tickets overdue...and i missed 2 court dates - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tickets overdue...and i missed 2 court dates

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Default Tickets overdue...and i missed 2 court dates

Hey guys i need some help, im pretty sure i had a court date for 2 tickets either this week or last week but missed them(i have so many tickets i lost some of them) also, i was supposed to respond to a ticket for failing to produce a license on the 27th of october. Is there anything i can do like get a trial date still or do i have to pay the ticket plus the 20 dollar charge? What can i do about the missed trial date. I know it's my fault for not showing but i have too much shit keeping me tied up to even think about it.

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

You will have a warrant for your arrest now.

once it's past the deadline and if you have not contested it...your guilty.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Do you mean you had a ticket which stated the date you could fight it, or that you have had a notice for a ticket stating you must appear in court. Big difference there..

"Court" for the ticket isn't what it sounds like, its not a big deal. Basically you are guilty like 4G63 said. If you went to talk to the justice of the peace about it on the day designated on your ticket, you'd end up pleading guilty with a reduced charge anyways. No worries though, it usually takes a while for a warrent to be issued, and its rather trival when it is under most circumstances. Talk to the justice of the peace downtown and have it reduced, or pay it at a registry. Just don't forget to bring your license hehe

My Ride
    335i

Problem is, he set up a court date and didn't show up - not sure what the legal implications are for that however.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

go down to the cop shop and be like..

"yea..... i think i might have a warrant out for my arrest... anyway we could get this cleared up?"

and things will sort themselves out, best going in to the station on your own terms then getting pulled over and having your car inpounded and them taking you in to the station.

im serious when i say this tho; dont procrastinate! itll just make things worse, go ther asap.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

iuf you chose to fight your ticked and they gave you a court date to go and fight it and then you decided not to show up then by not showing up you made yourself guilty in your absense all this means is that you are responsible for the fine and any other charges palced against you for not paying the fine on time the only way you can have a warrant out for your arrest is if you dont pay the ticket for like 8 months and have fines that have accumalated more than 500 dollars.

My Ride

Shit i guess im screwed. So there's nothing i can do about the demerits either?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If it's a yellow ticket (with optional fine), miss the date, its automatic guilty. Absolutely NOTHING you can do.

If it's a pink ticket (mandatory court appearance), miss the date, get a warrant. I got pulled over a year after I missed a court date on a pink ticket, they throw u in jail for the night. It sucks man.

If it's a pink ticket that you missed, do what Wildcat says, go to any police station, let them know you accidently missed it, and deal with it there. It's a hell of a lot better than getting arrested on the street after getting pulled over.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by rage2
    If it's a pink ticket (mandatory court appearance), miss the date, get a warrant. I got pulled over a year after I missed a court date on a pink ticket, they throw u in jail for the night. It sucks man.
    Yes if you go to jail you might get penatrated! And as rage says it's not worth it!

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

I had a warrent out for me once, over a retarded (1yr old) ticket... They do not neccessarily take you to jail, and I am pretty sure unless it was a felony offense they don't throw you in jail for the night. I had an RCMP give me a Notice of Appearence for my warrant (which was pink). Fearing the worst I called up the justice of the peace about it, and was told it was not important to be down there at exactly that time, nor was it important to even be there on that DAY.. Although, if I had just left it and not gone down eventually it would have been a code 117 warrant which means I get taken downtown to central processing to arrange either a court date for felony (not appearing after my warrant was served by the RCMP) or a HUGE fine..

So no, you are not screwed redline, but you need to go down and pay them.

My Ride
    91 Civic

Hahaha, god I hope you got a yellow ticket
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i forgot to show for a court date and i got sent a bill at home stating that i was charged in my absence, and i have a set amount of time to pay the ticket PLUS SURCHARGE for court fees and stuff. And then it said that the ammount will just compound interest untill i pay it and i wont be able to renew my liscence until it's paid off

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

If it's a pink ticket that you missed, do what Wildcat says, go to any police station, let them know you accidently missed it, and deal with it there. It's a hell of a lot better than getting arrested on the street after getting pulled over.
    imgine if you're out with some girls and you get pulled over and arrested? Instead of one of them licking your balls it's gonna be Bubba

My Ride

Lol, anyways they were yellow tickets, i dont think i missed the pink ticket yet

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by rice_eater
    imgine if you're out with some girls and you get pulled over and arrested? Instead of one of them licking your balls it's gonna be Bubba
    haha it was more of a holding cell than a jail. I didn't have to wear no orange jumpsuit!

The night I got arrested, I was on my way to pick up a girl at like 3am to go back to my place, so I just threw on my jacket (wearing nothing but boxer shorts) and drove. Man it was scary, cuz like, I thought it'd be in a holding cell with others... and I'm half naked. Risk of bubba did cross my mind!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

haha it was more of a holding cell than a jail. I didn't have to wear no orange jumpsuit!

The night I got arrested, I was on my way to pick up a girl at like 3am to go back to my place, so I just threw on my jacket (wearing nothing but boxer shorts) and drove. Man it was scary, cuz like, I thought it'd be in a holding cell with others... and I'm half naked. Risk of bubba did cross my mind!
    The sex you want, y'aint gettin, and the sex y'gettin you dont want! :tongue:

Originally posted by redline_13000
    Lol, anyways they were yellow tickets, i dont think i missed the pink ticket yet

I hope not, you seem to get pulled over on a bi-daily basis.
    Travel

My Ride

Originally posted by Ben

I hope not, you seem to get pulled over on a bi-daily basis.
    Ya man almost everytime i step into a vehicle. Sometimes they pull me over just to check if my registration etc is up to date, if so they go onto the signal lights, high beams brake lights etc, im getting sick of it. Always gotta think if i have something broken etc

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Originally posted by redline_13000

Ya man almost everytime i step into a vehicle. Sometimes they pull me over just to check if my registration etc
    No offense intended but it sounds like the N.E. , people get pulled over for driving into that area after 6pm it seems..

My Ride

Originally posted by Primer_Drift

No offense intended but it sounds like the N.E. , people get pulled over for driving into that area after 6pm it seems..
    +

Ya 99% of them were in the NE.