Quantcast
Ran out of gas :( - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ran out of gas :(

Unhappy Ran out of gas :(

I was driving my pulsar home today and it started hesitating after I turned off 16th to 68st NE and I looked at my gas gauge and it was totally in E...
    So I thought to myself, I'll just head to the shell 3 blocks down cuz' it's 3.5 cents cheaper My car had other plans. I didn't make it 1 block and it started dying on me... so I quickly decide to turn into the petro canada to get gas The car died literally meters from the pump :madred: I used the cars inertia to get me there; but I had to turn my wheel to get in and when the engine shuts off, the steering wheel locks :madred: so, now I'm pissed and tried quickly to re-start the car just so I can turn the wheel.... Luckly, I suceeded but that was damn close...

My Ride
    Corolla

oh man.. and why were you driving your pulsar?? (to school?)

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Rough night huh Ed, well at least you made it home right?? Could've been worse if you had to hitch-hike and a carload of hotties picked you up and wanted to have their way with you..... umm, nevermind.....

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

ouch dood.. hehe good thing on my car when the feul light comes on i still have a while to go...
    omgwtfbbq

Originally posted by Superesc
    oh man.. and why were you driving your pulsar?? (to school?)
    I just like driving it??? it's a fun car for me to relax in.

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    Rough night huh Ed, well at least you made it home right?? Could've been worse if you had to hitch-hike and a carload of hotties picked you up and wanted to have their way with you..... umm, nevermind.....
    haha, ya I made it home alright but i should really check my gas gauge more often in that car.... "You mean the 'E' doesn't stand for 'Enough'?"

Originally posted by RiceCake
    ouch dood.. hehe good thing on my car when the feul light comes on i still have a while to go...
    Funny thing is that my '88 pulsar does have a gas light... I just found out that it just doesn't work.

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

ouch that sucks man, at least you were right close to a gas station when you ran out

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

haha........I ran out of gas as I was pulling into a gas station once, I guess that was lucky too
    Last edited by legendboy; 08-22-2002 at 10:04 AM.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

oh man, that sucksass.... at least u made it!! hehehe it coulda been a lot worse

Damn, I've never hit bottom of the tank yet. I've always tried to drain all that I can, see how far I can go with the fuel light on. Best I've got down to was about 4 liters left in the tank. Fuel light on the Civics (and other Hondas) seem to come on really early.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    Skateboard

Is it a myth when people say don't wait until the tank is empty to fill up because there is shit at the bottom of the tank?

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    Damn, I've never hit bottom of the tank yet. I've always tried to drain all that I can, see how far I can go with the fuel light on. Best I've got down to was about 4 liters left in the tank. Fuel light on the Civics (and other Hondas) seem to come on really early.
    I hear ya! My teg manual says it's a 50L tank, I've driven 50km with the light on and the needle past red and only filled up 40L after all that! I guess it's a good thing though.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Originally posted by B17a

I hear ya! My teg manual says it's a 50L tank, I've driven 50km with the light on and the needle past red and only filled up 40L after all that! I guess it's a good thing though.
    Yah, I've run about another 100kms after the light when on. I've put about 550km on the tripometer on one full tank, I'm sure I could have put another 100 on. Hehe, its good to know you limit on a long road trip.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    E36 4dr

damn, the moment your car feels like it's running out of gas really sucks. I was driving on deerfoot once and i knew full well i was running low. I turned off onto the blackfoot offramp and by the time i was half done the offramp the gas pedal was doing nothing. By the time i got to the top, the car was out of gas. From there, i slowly crept to a stand still and at that moment your stomach feels like an empty pit. You can't really do much but sit in your car, slap the steering wheel, and yell out FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Shit Ed.....

Don't you have a Petro card???

Damn Asians!!!:p

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Shit Ed.....

Don't you have a Petro card???

Damn Asians!!!:p
    Guilty!

I was looking for the nearest Nammer Gas Station (NGS) so I can fill up. You know NGS? It's where you can only pay cash, the cashier is a guy with a mole on his neck with a long ass hair coming out, and their fossil fuel is not made from dinosaur but from cats and dog remains...