Quantcast
Father, mother, son charged in killing three daughters and ex-wife in Ottawa - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Father, mother, son charged in killing three daughters and ex-wife in Ottawa

Default Father, mother, son charged in killing three daughters and ex-wife in Ottawa

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...rrests023.html

Edit: other main stream news sites are calling this a possible honor killing.

Parents, brother charged in 4 canal deaths
    Last Updated: Thursday, July 23, 2009 | 3:17 PM ET

A Montreal couple and their son have been charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to murder in the deaths of three sisters and an older female, police said Thursday in Kingston, Ont.

Zainab Shafia, 19, Sahar Shafia, 17, and Geeti Shafia, 13, were found with another woman, Rona Amir Mohammed, 50, in a car submerged in water at a Rideau Canal lock near Kingston last month.

Speaking during a news conference at Kingston Police headquarters, Insp. Brian Begbie said Mohammad Shafia, Tooba Yehya Mohammad and Hamid Mohammad Shafia have each been charged with four counts of first-degree murder and four counts of conspiracy to murder. They are being held while waiting for bail hearings.

The submerged black Nissan Sentra was discovered on June 30, the same day Mohammad Shafia went to the Kingston Police station to report his missing daughters, a woman he said was his 52-year-old cousin and his vehicle. He was accompanied by his wife and 18-year-old son, said police.

Begbie said investigators have "cause to believe" the older woman found in the car, Rona Amir Mohammed, was Mohammad Shafia's first wife.

The father told police he discovered his car was missing after the family had stopped at a Kingston motel following a trip to Niagara Falls, Ont. The family had been travelling in two vehicles.

When they were told about the discovery of the submerged car, police said all three spoke about their trip to Niagara Falls and Zainab's habit of taking the car without consent and without a driver's licence, a claim police say is untrue.

"Our investigation to date reveals that this allegation is false and that on the night in question, the Nissan was operated by a combination of the three accused persons," said Begbie.

Police also said the son drove the family's second vehicle to Montreal in the early morning hours of June 30 and returned to Kingston to accompany his parents to the police station.

Both vehicles — the submerged Nissan and a Lexus SUV — are being examined by police, said Begbie.

Kingston Police Chief Stephen Tanner said he was saddened at the "needless and senseless loss of innocent human lives."
    Last edited by urban.one; 07-23-2009 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

so the guy killed his ex wife and the kids he had with her? i saw the guy on the news last night, was going off about the comment on how the one daughter had taken the car more than once, he had this as a matter of fact tone, but now it's all clear..

My Ride

Other websites are reporting it as a suspected honour killing is why people are "jumping" to conclusions.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Why do these people come from Afghanistan only to continue their fucked up extremist practices..?

Where is the honor in murdering members of your family?

Religon.

My Ride
    Bicycle

CBC radio reported that the eldest daughter want to go out with a Pakistani and the father hate his daughters especially ones that increasing having western independent views.

Kill her, the mom and 2 younger ones (which really have nothing to do with this) in one move.

This is why we should reserve right for capital punishment on some people.

the names confused me so i didn't finish reading haha

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

honor killings...sounds great
    Sign me up for this religion

honor killings arent part of their religion, i think its actually prohibited in the koran
    its a cultural thing

Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
    honor killings arent part of their religion, i think its actually prohibited in the koran
    its a cultural thing
    Exactly.

Its cultural. NOT religious.

[5:33] The just retribution for those who fight GOD and His messenger, and commit horrendous crimes, is to be killed, or crucified, or to have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or to be banished from the land. This is to humiliate them in this life, then they suffer a far worse retribution in the Hereafter.

-Quran

maybe they thought adding drowning by driving a vehicle into a lake would be a good addition.

And you shall stone him with stones, that he die; because he sought to thrust you away from Allah…â€
    Last edited by TurboD; 07-26-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    Why do these people come from Afghanistan only to continue their fucked up extremist practices..?

Where is the honor in murdering members of your family?

Religon.
    Uh how is this worse than the white men who kill their entire families here in good ol Alberta? Joshua Lall ring a bell? Chris Benoit? Gee I wonder what race this family was today???

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/09072..._family_deaths

You're an idiot.
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 07-26-2009 at 10:57 PM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Canucks3322

Uh how is this worse than the white men who kill their entire families here in good ol Alberta? Joshua Lall ring a bell? Chris Benoit? You're an idiot.
    Those killings weren't in the name of religion or a cultural thing, just plain crazy-ness.

Originally posted by Canmorite

Those killings weren't in the name of religion or a cultural thing, just plain crazy-ness.
    Yea, but again, how is that worse? I'm sorry, but I really don't see EVERYONE from that religion or culture doing this?! Am I missing something?

Yea, but again, how is that worse? I'm sorry, but I really don't see EVERYONE from that religion or culture doing this?! Am I missing something?

It's not the fact that everyone in that religion is doing it . It's more that it's even tolerated by the rest of the inbreds thats the issue . Some 5,000 women were killed last year based on the same beliefs this Fawktard and his new wife and son held . Time to move somewhere near the 21st . Century , eh ?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Uh how is this worse than the white men who kill their entire families here in good ol Alberta? Joshua Lall ring a bell? Chris Benoit? Gee I wonder what race this family was today???

You're an idiot.
    Chris Benoit was not on TV pretending to cry over his lost family members, he killed himself too. The guy was fucked in the head from all those years of wrestling. These so called honor killings typically involve more than one family member, and its almost always a woman victim. Family is pissed off she is dating someone of the wrong race, religon, or she was raped or had sex. They are not some random joe schmo blows a gasket and murders his family. Why did you bring up race? I said nothing about race..?

Nice personal insult. Typical Canucks fan.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 07-26-2009 at 11:45 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Just took our boat through the lock where it all happened. Flowers layed out all over the place. pretty sad.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Canmorite

Chris Benoit was a devout catholic and he did leave bibles by the bodies of his victims, so I don't think we can be so sure about that...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...s-benoit_N.htm

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

Canmorite? Still there?

My Ride
    Bicycle

You're an idiot.
    Are you compare side effect of a drug VS side effect of a cultural teaching?

One lost his mind, the other did not.

Honor killings are totally normal. Keep defending their warped culture. Idiots
    Last edited by calgarian99; 08-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast