Quantcast
Calgary's first Walmart Supercenter to open in Deerfoor Meadows - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Calgary's first Walmart Supercenter to open in Deerfoor Meadows

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Review should start showing up soon;

www.PeopleofWalmart.com

Check out this classy lady, she has a tatoo of a 100$ bill on her arm!

Can you find her nipples?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Why would anyone be this excited about a Wal-mart opening?

Just go to Superstore. And I doubt they would beat Superstore's prices in most areas anyway. If the store is all nice and shiny then prices are obviously gonna be higher. That's why Superstore looks ghetto but makes up for it in prices.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I find it just as cheap if not cheaper than superstore. Not to mention they have alot of things super store don't seem to have. I hate the super store in my area and avoid it if I can.

Originally posted by black13
    Why would anyone be this excited about a Wal-mart opening?

Just go to Superstore. And I doubt they would beat Superstore's prices in most areas anyway. If the store is all nice and shiny then prices are obviously gonna be higher. That's why Superstore looks ghetto but makes up for it in prices.
    walmart is cheaper than superstore, is larger, is cleaner, has higher quality produce, and has a much vaster product range and diversity. (i'm American so I appreciate these things ahhah). just watch... that superstore in deerfoot meadows will be closed within a year or two - guaranteed. Unless they shift their focus to imported and ethnic foods, which is probably the most likely possibility especially considering Loblaw's recent acquisition of T&T.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 01-24-2010 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    I hate the super store in my area and avoid it if I can.
    Sunridge?

IMO, I hate that Superstore the worst in the entire city.

Originally posted by eblend

Why would you do that? Princess syndrom?
    Walmart is an unethical enterprise deriving it profitability through the exploitation of cheap labour which lowers the prices of their product thus forcing smaller, ethical, domestic businesses out of competition.
    Walmart gives nothing back to communities disrupted by its existence and treats its employments like shit.

Of course anything you spend at walmart here in calgary or canada does not stay here, It goes to some american bank account and there is zero reinvestment in our local area/country.

Originally posted by colt22

Walmart is an unethical enterprise deriving it profitability for exploitation of cheap labour, lowering the prices of their product thus bankrupting smaller, ethical, domestic businesses.
    Walmart gives nothing back to communities disrupted by its existence and treats its employments like shit.

Of course anything you spend here does not stay here, It goes to some american bank account and there is zero reinvestment in our local area/country.

Just do some reading on wal-mart, you'' find saving 5 dollars is really not worth it for what your are feeding this american corporation.
    did you just learn about corporations in grade 9 social or something? welcome to capitalism. if you're going to complain about wal-mart, you better stop buying nikes, driving a riced '91 civic, typing on your Dell computer, buying your power from Enmax, etc. things would be so much better for you if you moved to a small, self-sufficient community in the NWT where everyone works and wealth is shared equally. i hope you like whale blubber.

I mean, i hear what you're saying (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...40#post3022740), but i'm just pointing out that it's unfair to just criticize walmart for this.... all corporations are guilty of this shit.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 01-24-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Originally posted by nonlinear

did you just learn about corporations in grade 9 social or something? welcome to capitalism. if you're going to complain about wal-mart, you better stop buying nikes, driving a riced '91 civic, typing on your Dell computer, buying your power from Enmax, etc. things would be so much better for you if you moved to a small, self-sufficient community in the NWT where everyone works and wealth is shared equally. i hope you like whale blubber.

I mean, i hear what you're saying (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...40#post3022740), but i'm just pointing out that it's unfair to just criticize walmart for this.... all corporations are guilty of this shit.
    The thing about walmart is there are simple alternatives that take little to no compromise to switch to.

I probably wont ever give up nikes, theres really nothing like them in my opinion.
    However when you have a superstore, and walmart, right beside eachother, Ill make the simple compromise to spend 40$ more on my total bill then shop at walmart (for all the obvious reasons).

Originally posted by colt22

The thing about walmart is there are simple alternatives that take little to no compromise to switch to.

I probably wont ever give up nikes, theres really nothing like them in my opinion.
    However when you have a superstore, and walmart, right beside eachother, Ill make the simple compromise to spend 40$ more on my total bill then shop at walmart (for all the obvious reasons).

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Sunridge?

IMO, I hate that Superstore the worst in the entire city.
    Yup.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

walmart is cheaper than superstore, is larger, is cleaner, has higher quality produce, and has a much vaster product range and diversity. (i'm American so I appreciate these things ahhah). just watch... that superstore in deerfoot meadows will be closed within a year or two - guaranteed. Unless they shift their focus to imported and ethnic foods, which is probably the most likely possibility especially considering Loblaw's recent acquisition of T&T.
    I checked out Walmart actually this weekend, most of the stuff I buy was slighly more expensive at walmart (things like eggs being 1.98 at Superstore are 2.12 at walmart) ect. Buying food at Superstore also gets me 5% cashback from my credit card as they are classified as a grocery store, whereas walmart isn't so I only get 1%.

I dunno, the only time I will go to walmart to buy groceries would be if I need some lettuce as they seem to have better looking quality of fresh vegetables (mainly because they have a water spray system to make them look fresher)

Walmart isn't like all the other corporations out there
    http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html
    heloc that shit

I think you are way overstating these differences. I haven't been to the new calgary supercenter but we have a bunch of supercenters in the GTA and I don't really see anything too special about them. They aren't even the cheapest supermarkets. Some items are cheaper but some aren't. It still pays to see whats on sale at various supermarkets.

I'm not really sure about the product range though...I never noticed anything different but that might be because I don't really buy prepared/frozen foods.
    Last edited by szw; 01-25-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Im glad this location has finally opened as the closest Walmart to me otherwise was the MacLeod and Southland location which is terrible(dirty, disorganized, unstocked shelves).

We stopped by the new location on Saturday morning before heading to Costco. Typical supercentre but finally glad to have one nearby. What was neat was that since the store just opened, everything was fully stocked and perfectly arranged. Everything on the shelves was perfectly lined up, all the labels on things like cans were turned perfectly... it almost looked fake. Ive never seen a Walmart so clean and organized. Hopefully they can keep it up.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I had my first (and probably last) visit to the Super Walmart on Sunday morning.

Was nice that everything was in stock and fresh and there was some different stuff I guess but nothing to make me want to go back. Ended up waiting in line for 25-30 minutes to check out. Family in front of me had 2 cart fulls of crap that ended up being just shy of $500 worth of groceries. Must of had like 400 items in their carts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7