Quantcast
How to be happy - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to be happy

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I honestly think you need to get laid. You have a lot of pressure build up and you need to release it.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

The day you are happy is the day that you realize that you don't have to impress anyone other than yourself.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

No woman, no cry.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

My grandpa once told me, when you get to the end of your rope, sometimes all you can do is tie a knot and hang on. This helped me a tremendous amount, having gone through some difficult times. Don't compare yourself to others, don't worry about things you cannot change, work hard, learn as much as you can and stay close with your family. I remember having times like you're describing, and I remember when it got better. Be patient, do what you think is right and things ahave a way of working out. Right now what makes me the most happy is my family.

Keep your chin up.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Don't dwell on things in the past. You will ALWAYS wonder "What if..." with A LOT of situations in life, and its okay to think about them, but don't DWELL on them.

Honestly, just have physical activity planned for yourself for almost every day of the week and you will be a happier person. I take a bike ride every friday with one of my roommates into fish creek park, other than that I goto the gym and even just 45 min a day makes a huge difference.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Damn, a lot of really good view points in this thread.
    For once, there is positive conversation going on here.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Fuck bitches make moneyyyyyy.
    Haha, but its like van said, Fuck your friends? if my boys ever did that to me i'd lose it and ditch them. But they wouldn't and they didn't, thats how i got through my tough times. Partied that shit out with my friend's, they always had my back. And now they get repaid for it because i would do anything for them and i do.
    Having solid friends as support is the best way through anything. At 19 you should be busy as fuck partying and doin what you can while you're young. if things get tough call up the pals and get out of your house. Go anywhere, do anything. Play xbox with them, party with them, go swimming, camping just stay busy.
    But it's tough to take advice when you really like someone, i have a tough time taking my own.
    Good luck man, lifes too wicked to ge hung up on anyone.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sputnik
    The day you are happy is the day that you realize that you don't have to impress anyone other than yourself.
    Words of the wise.

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    Haha, but its like van said, Fuck your friends? if my boys ever did that to me i'd lose it and ditch them.
    Who cares? I've had friends date my ex before, it's none of my business at that point. It's gonna happen one way or another, and not worth losing a friendship over.

Besides, you get a good laugh at your friend once they break up with the girl for the same reason you broke up with her haha.

There's more things to worry about in life than who your ex is dating.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Getting out and doing something where it is impossible to focus on personal issues. Do it enough and your brain will stop coming back to grind on the one issue you are dealing with.

When you are stuck at home, try playing vids, learning guitar, writing a book etc.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

i wish you would step back from the ledge my friend, cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in...and if you dont ever want to see me again i would understanddddd.

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2

Words of the wise.

Who cares? I've had friends date my ex before, it's none of my business at that point. It's gonna happen one way or another, and not worth losing a friendship over.

Besides, you get a good laugh at your friend once they break up with the girl for the same reason you broke up with her haha.

There's more things to worry about in life than who your ex is dating.
    I'm not talking about dating! me and a freind just had a laugh about that this weekend, they broke up for the same reason we stopped see'ing eachother, girls are nuts! But in reality, if you break up with a girl and you good friend goes right after her and your not a little bit mad, either you didnt actually like her or your're retarded? and your friends are garbage haha..

I just mean, if i was a hurtin unit and didnt wanna hit a party cause my fresh ex was there, my friends would be down for anything else. That's what friends are for. But i personally don't worry about those kinda things anymore, im the type to just not care. then the girl always gets awkward, so fun

I just mean, if i was a hurtin unit and didnt wanna hit a party cause my fresh ex was there, my friends would be down for anything else. That's what friends are for. But i personally don't worry about those kinda things anymore, im the type to just not care. then the girl always gets awkward, so fun
    Wow. Don't you sound like a pussy.

My Ride

Wow. Don't you sound like a pussy.
    Ya dude, you're on to me...
    I actually dont have any really good friends.. im still hurtin from the only girlfriend i had back in '01... wtf am i supposed to do?

I actually dont have any really good friends.. im still hurtin from the only girlfriend i had back in '01... wtf am i supposed to do?
    Get over it.

She's gone.

You are still here.

Deal with it.

Move on.

It has been 8 years.

By feeling this way you are basically LETTING her control you and keep you from fulfilling your own destiny.

Do something that makes you happy and quit worrying about other people and what they might think of you.

Be who you are, say what you think, people that matter don't care, and people that care don't matter." -- Dr. Theodore Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

My Ride

Hahaha, thanks man.
    I feel free already.

I always think its wise to take a step back from your situation and think about other people in your life.
    People that you care about but maybe have forgot to show it.
    I know personally my parents spend so much effort doing nice things for everyone else and when I was in relationships I would think ignore that and focus on some person that was new to my life.
    And spend so much effort doing nice things for significant other and no time on the people that have been there since day one.
    Maybe if you do something fun with your family or good old friends you will find the part of yourself that you think you've lost?

I don't think there is such thing as happy haha. The only thing keeping me alive at this moment is the fact payday is 4 days away and i can go out somewhere and drink lots of beer for once, by myself to boot

My Ride
    Bicycle

Shit, I'm a hard man to impress!

My Ride

Originally posted by TDFTW
    I don't think there is such thing as happy haha. The only thing keeping me alive at this moment is the fact payday is 4 days away and i can go out somewhere and drink lots of beer for once, by myself to boot
    hey man, you should seriously go check out my other thread...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

But in reality, if you break up with a girl and you good friend goes right after her and your not a little bit mad, either you didnt actually like her or your're retarded? and your friends are garbage haha..
    Well if I broke up with her, obviously I don't like her lol. So I could care less who she fucks afterwards, friends or not. I'd warn my friend, but I wouldn't get pissed off cuz he's bangin' her. It's not worth losing a friendship.

Funny story, when I was 17, me and a cousin of mine went for the same girl. I ended up dating her for a year, he ended up dating her sister, and we didn't speak to each other for like 3 or 4 years even tho we worked together and saw each other all the time. Now, we laugh about it and make fun of each other over how stupid we were when we were kids.

I guess really, you gotta grow up to realize that there's more to life than stupid shit like that. I mean if you wanna let drama run your life and end friendships, you'll always be miserable.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast