Quantcast
Ferrari drivers - rest of season and 2010 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari drivers - rest of season and 2010

Default Ferrari drivers - rest of season and 2010

This month long break before the next race is gonna be fun for speculation.

1) Who replaces Massa for the rest of the season? Alonso? Schumi? Bourdais? Now with BMW quitting, Kubica's name is being thrown around.

2) Whos the Ferrari lineup next season? Does Kimi retire to rally race? Is Massa going to be able to return and be in top form?
    Alonso and Kubica? Use Alonso as your number 1 driver for a few years and then turn over the number one seat to Kubica. Alonso is 28, Kubica 24. (Happy Birthday Fred! His birthday is July 29)

Bourdais would be unlikely seeing as how his performance has been below par ever since his first race, the difference between Champ Car and F1 was too much of a leap for him.

Schumi - even though everybody wants him back he hasn't really done anything with the 2009 car so the only testing he would be able to do would be similar to Jaime Alguersuari and Toro Rosso. Straight lines, back and forth on an unused airport tarmac. Plus the expectations would be too high for him to win every race til the end of the season with a car he hasn't been in.

I'd figure it would either be Badoer or Gene since they should be comfortable with the 2009 car setup. Although there is a little bit of me hoping to see JV show up in a Ferrari, just to see a Canuck on one of the top teams

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

It will be Schumi in Valencia according to autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418

But not according to itv

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46506
    Last edited by A2VR6; 07-29-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Autosport does a shitty job of updating their RSS feed and Ferrari's website is down.

Also, the ITV article is referring to a quote made on Monday whereas Autosport's info is from today. Keep in mind that a manager/agent is paid to make you the most money possible. He's not denying it, he's just upping the price. In the end he doesn't give a shit if he's proven wrong as long as he gets his pay cheque.

MS makes about as much sense as anybody else. Alonso would only be able to drive for the one race and there'd be too much red tape. The test drivers' experience in the current car has nowhere near the value of MS's experiences over the last decade in my opinion. MS will adapt to the new car a lot faster than their test drivers would adapt to driving in F1.
    Last edited by Mibz; 07-29-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see MS back in red and doing his thing... I'll just believe the news when it's on Ferrari's website, haha.

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

It is official! Schumacher's own website says he'll drive in Barcelona for Ferrari.

" F1-Live.com

Schumacher back in the Ferrari hot seat
    As if to underline that nothing is ever predictable in Formula One, Ferrari announced Wednesday evening that Michael Schumacher is to stand in for the injured Felipe Massa at the forthcoming Grand Prix in Valencia and beyond.
    "

Back in 2006 when he last raced, I had barely any F1 interest. Now I have a huge interest, and I cannot believe I'll get to see him race properly!

Reports seem to say its for the Valencia race. Im not sure you can interpret that to mean Valencia till the end of the season or until something more permanent can get worked out with another driver.

In my original post I forgot to address the test drivers. I dont think either of them will ever see actual F1 action ever.

Now someone give Villeneuve a ride.

TSN is reporting MS will take over Massa's seat until he's fit to return.

My Ride
    Audi A4, Lawn Boy with Honda GCV160

Originally posted by snipa_mini85
    TSN is reporting MS will take over Massa's seat until he's fit to return.
    As long as MS passes the fitness test. Should make The Ice Man even more cheerful than usual!
    Last edited by Chris Elyea; 07-29-2009 at 12:26 PM.

sweet! Cant wait to see him and hamilton go up against each other.

Originally posted by Chris Elyea

As long as MS passes the fitness test. Should make The Ice Man even more cheerful than usual!
    Have you seen that man? He was racing motorbikes as recent as last year. He is in perfect shape to race I think
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Oh man, who wants to fly to Valencia to catch this??? hahaha it's gonna be soooo epic!

MS injured himself in a bike race a few months back, that's the only concern at this time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Oh man, who wants to fly to Valencia to catch this??? hahaha it's gonna be soooo epic!
    You can buy my tickets instead of paying me $50.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

hahah right....

Anyways, James Allen is reporting that MS can drive the F2008 to get used to an F1 car again. This isn't against the rules.

Ferrari sells old F1 cars to customers to drive around their tracks, so this is 100% allowed.

Which means we'll probably start seeing MS at the track in the next week or so.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

It's almost surreal that MS is actually going to do this... lol How does it work in the championship then? basically the same as a Alguersauri? 0 points and work up?

Schumi vs Hamilton.... can't wait to see that battle...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

^^^ Schumacher gets driver points. Ferrari gets Constructor points.

At this point, even Schumacher can mathematically win the championship starting from 0! haha

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the incoming FIA bullshit designed to allow Schumacher to win the title.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the incoming FIA bullshit designed to allow Schumacher to win the title.
    Everything else has happened this year.... bring it on!

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

Will be great to see Schumacher back in F1, even though I hated him for taking Hill off the track when he was with Benetton

This is awesome!

For me, given that I only just started following F1 at the tail end of the 2007 season, it's like a child who is just getting into NHL hockey AFTER Gretzky retired and thinking they'll never get to see him play.

Having Schumi come back to Ferrari right now is as epic as that Oilers Classic outdoor game they had a few years ago in Edmonton with all the original dynasty lineup.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

I think I just came.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast