Quantcast
looking for a fulltime job - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for a fulltime job

My Ride
    a bike

does anyone know of or do you yourself work for a place called Spherion....I applied for a shipping/receiving job and am waiting for a call back...if anyone works there please let me know what its like so I dont get myself into something I might not enjoy...thanks

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by illeagle
    Got a class 5 licence?
    I do and i need a full time job.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

Originally posted by Tiny
    can anyone help me out here?
    The only one that can help you, is you. Go get an education. Without an education you have little chance of building a career.

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    a bike

yeah well.....without first having a job...you cant live....so if someone would just kindly help me out like KONA 9 did....then I would be a little bit more satisfied

My Ride
    1999 nike

if u wanna build houses i could set u up , starting wage is like 13 an hour , and u don't need to know shit!

you have experience in shipping/receiving? hmmm i might be aqcuiring one...

fire me a resume, PM me for my email!!

My Ride
    1.6L of FURY!

if you still need work go apply at tips i've been working there for almost a mmonth and its decent work the nice thing about it is you can prtty much pick your hours and what days you want to work.if your interested go to suite 101 macleod place 1 5920 macleod trail SW and just drop off a resume your pretty much guaranteed to be hired since the companys you willl be temping for always need ppl. hope this helps

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

whats Tips?
    Travel

My Ride
    1.6L of FURY!

Its this placement agency for like factory jobs and stuff like that. for about a month i was working at sprung(company that builds the giant tents for the canadian and american armys) it was a sweet job. Its not a temp agency for office type jobs though. Its great for ppl who are either looking for a good fulltime job and just need something they can work while looking for it. Or like in my case a place that i can actually get half decent pay working part time while going to school. Started at 9$ and after a month they gave me a 50cent raise. Really not THAT bad of a place to work. Its nice because your pretty much guaranteed to be hired.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Ben
    whats Tips?
    just like "manpower" or "diversified staffing".just a placement agency, when i worked at sears we had a TON of temps through tips, most of the them were complete useless morons, lol.... although some were hired on full-time at sears( very rare though).

Im in need of work now too. Really shitty time to be unemployed
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    97 si honda civic/2004 chevy silverado

Pm me . Thats if you can handle the cold, long hours, $10 an hour and you can get up early and work late. Let me know pm me or look in the phone book Enchanting Landscapes. We do snow removal in the winter and landscaping/ maintenance in the summer.
    Elise
    i am who i am.

Originally posted by kaput
    I'm just curious, if your 18 and looking for full time work, why not go to school? I promise you'll never regret it, as long as you choose a program you enjoy.
    i think it should be law that everybody spends 1 year outta high school in the work force... makes you want to goto school realizing you dont wanna be in a shithole for the rest of your life
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

lam-boy Guest

Originally posted by 403Gemini

i think it should be law that everybody spends 1 year outta high school in the work force... makes you want to goto school realizing you dont wanna be in a shithole for the rest of your life
    why do you thikn there isn't a law?

its because people will learn, if they don't then they don't.
    you don't choose their future, they create it themselves.

Too bad that alot of people are stuck working their life away at a job they don't enjoy, because they didn't go to school.. there's people i know that take a year or two off, and end up doing nothing because they "don't know what they want to do" so they decide to do nothing about it. Meanwhile they're lifering it up at a deadend job and kicking themselves for not going to school.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

My Ride
    97 si honda civic/2004 chevy silverado

that
    I took two years off, and didn't go to school. Well I took one years worth of school, but realized for what I really want to do with my life i don't need to waste my time at a school. Some people don't need college or university with what they want to be. Not all of us want to be tech'ies, or doctors, lawyers, or accountants. You need to realize that some of us were just the average student and that was with putting all my effort and studying all the time. That is so narrow minded to think that way.
    I know what I want. And to tell you the truth i learnt more working at different jobs than I ever did at school. Because in landscaping you learn the techniques that your boss learnt himself. And the secrets to having an awesome company. It takes skills, logical thinking and being creative. You don't learn that at school its a gift you develop either growing up or you are just the lucky one that is born with it.
    So think about what you just said and besides this chick/guy is just looking for a full time. Why to pay bills. this person may not be ready to do what they want to do or know for that matter. I didn't know till I was 20. So let them be. And student loans are hard to get. You can't have the rich life cause they will see it. The funny thing is if you were out of school for two years in alberta you benefit. Because than they don't look at your parents money and bass that on how much you deserve. So if your parents are well off. They won't give you nothing. But since i took two years off from school, they gave me almost 10 grand.
    i am who i am.

My Ride
    a bike

Thank you surferbaby........at least someone agrees that school isn't for everyone...besides going to school wont necessarily give you a job you like doing...my dad never went to college or anything and him and my step mom have their own promotional company....making close to 75grand a year.......so it just goes to show if you have the ambition....school wont necessarily get you there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2