Quantcast
F1 Returns to Montreal in 2010 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Returns to Montreal in 2010

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Default F1 Returns to Montreal in 2010

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2009/...-montreal.html

"Bernie Ecclestone, the head of Formula One, said on Tuesday that an agreement in principle has been reached to have F1 return to Montreal in 2010."

I'm gonna be there, I'll tell ya that much!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Not going to take it for granted any more.

Too bad no many manufacturers left next season with BMW out and Mercedes about to leave ....

I'll be there
    Last edited by Trini; 08-04-2009 at 11:27 AM.

My Ride
    See sig

SO MUCH WIN!
    Parents live in Ottawa, and I left one of my cars with my Dad when I moved. Cheap WJ flight and weekend pass is all I'll be needing.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Apparently the Montreal Mayor has yet to agree to the deal though, so lets hope that he does!

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by AaronK
    Apparently the Montreal Mayor has yet to agree to the deal though, so lets hope that he does!
    just a matter of time. There was such an uproar when they pulled out, they'll be glad to have them back.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by Xtrema
    and Mercedes about to leave ....
    link? source?

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

I wonder if F1 is getting scared they're going to start losing a lot of money so they went to Montreal begging for forgiveness ?

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Originally posted by vtec4life
    I wonder if F1 is getting scared they're going to start losing a lot of money so they went to Montreal begging for forgiveness ?

It's either that or they just want the 175 million that they asked Montreal for in order to host the race. Either way, it would mean big money for the F1 but also the race would generate a huge income.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Even if they only have nobody show up at the track like at Turkey (only 20,000 showed up?), F1/FOM get paid.

They don't need to beg anyone to come back. That's why we've lost all the classic tracks, because they can't afford to pay the retarded numbers that F1 wants. That's why we have all these middle eastern tracks now, cuz they're RICH BITCH!

If F1 is REALLY coming back, they need to fix the track, especially now that we have slicks and way more low speed grip. The track torn apart in the slow sections with grooved tires, it's gonna be way worse with slicks. It was kinda embarassing to see that, and just ruins the racing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2

Even if they only have nobody show up at the track like at Turkey (only 20,000 showed up?), F1/FOM get paid.

They don't need to beg anyone to come back. That's why we've lost all the classic tracks, because they can't afford to pay the retarded numbers that F1 wants. That's why we have all these middle eastern tracks now, cuz they're RICH BITCH!

If F1 is REALLY coming back, they need to fix the track, especially now that we have slicks and way more low speed grip. The track torn apart in the slow sections with grooved tires, it's gonna be way worse with slicks. It was kinda embarassing to see that, and just ruins the racing.
    I understand the reason F1 cut Montreal was because they could not afford to pay the money they wanted and the track was in poor condition, but that was before teams started pulling out was it not? (correct me if im wrong).

Why would they decide to go back to Montreal and see if they can work things out if they're so ballin outta control that they told our francophone neighbours to fist themselves not too long ago. Unless it was Montreal that has been trying this whole time to negotiate a deal I'm just curious

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I understand the reason F1 cut Montreal was because they could not afford to pay the money they wanted and the track was in poor condition, but that was before teams started pulling out was it not? (correct me if im wrong).
    Correct.

Why would they decide to go back to Montreal and see if they can work things out if they're so ballin outta control that they told our francophone neighbours to fist themselves not too long ago. Unless it was Montreal that has been trying this whole time to negotiate a deal I'm just curious
    It would most likely be Montreal trying to negotiate a deal. Like I said, F1 has enough rich countries that want to pay the top dollars to host a GP at a loss, so F1 doesn't care that there's no Canadian GP.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

link? source?
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...31111142.shtml

Rumors... nothing solid.

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2

It would most likely be Montreal trying to negotiate a deal. Like I said, F1 has enough rich countries that want to pay the top dollars to host a GP at a loss, so F1 doesn't care that there's no Canadian GP.
    Fair enough... So you are really not worried about the future of Formula 1 ?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

^^ whats there to worry about? the new Concorde Agreement is signed through 2012. Various team owners completing for the new spots to race. Multiple new tracks are set to race in the up coming years. FOM is balling out of control.

Sure the teams would like to see races taken place in north america, because that's a huge market, but FOM doesnt give a shit what the team thinks.

The only thing that you'll see is less manufacturer backed teams (BMW, Honda for exampled).

my FB status today:

Cos.... is excited to see F1 return to Montreal. Saving the pennies for that. Hopefully it is still the same F1 I love
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    XT6

In the event next year has a decent field, I will be booking my flights / tickets / hotel / transit pass combo ASAP.

hmm will have to decide on which seats to purchase.

My Ride
    Audi A4, Lawn Boy with Honda GCV160

Not a big fan of using my tax dollars to bring back the Race. Bernie already has so much money and I have so little.

I had heard the manufacturers complaining about the loss of the U.S. GP (back in 1982 they actually had 3 - Long Beach, Detroit, and Las Vegas) because it's such an important market. Now with the global recession, it's no surprise the manufacturers are dropping out. We seem to be headed for a "garagiste" Renaissance, where once again we have dedicated F1 constructor teams filling the grid instead of manufacturers. It's happened before and F1 rolled on.
    Last edited by Chris Elyea; 08-05-2009 at 10:22 AM.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Originally posted by Chris Elyea
    It's happened before and F1 rolled on.

Very true, and I'm sure they will pull through it again. I personally would love to see the Montreal race back in action, but they will need to do some heavy work on the track.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast