Quantcast
Matrix Revolutions -- So what did you think? Reviews? Comments? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Matrix Revolutions -- So what did you think? Reviews? Comments?

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Default Matrix Revolutions -- So what did you think? Reviews? Comments?

I personally haven't seen it yet; going with a bunch of buddies tomorrow at 11PM.

For those of you who HAVE seen it... what did you think? Was it what you expected?

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Going in 5 hours, tell you when I get back tonight.

My Ride
    GT TDi

not enough fighting, it was more to due with finishing the story and saving zion. v2 for fighting, v1 for originality, big surprise there, v3 well for, just something to do wednesday morning. lol
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Neo is played by an actor named Keanu Reeves, who talks just like Ted Theodore Logan.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Wrex Guest

"Hey Bill, you remember when Missy, I mean your mom was a senior and we were freshmen?" "SHUT UP TED!"

= teh suck.

Ending sucked. Felt really let down by it. The rest of the movie was ok, but I was not impressed by the ending at all.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Too bad about this one, I have not seen it but to this point I have heard nothing but bad things about the grand finale.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Looks like i'll just wait till it comes for PPV.

dissapointing to say the least...

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Maybe we shouldn't have read that dudes theory, you know the ONE....lol Anyway my g/f and I thought it was awesome, and well it doesn't seem finished yet, maybe a part 4
    I would certainly recommend seeing it!

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    = teh suck.

Ending sucked. Felt really let down by it. The rest of the movie was ok, but I was not impressed by the ending at all.
    just got back from it. I expected to be totally blown away with something that would make me think, but no...it was too straightforward...

Originally posted by Kamen

just got back from it. I expected to be totally blown away with something that would make me think, but no...it was too straightforward...
    Well then maybe part 2 helped change your thinking and you/me were able to figure things out easier.

i heard it was amoung the worst movies this year. not because it was bad, but #2 confused people which lead to #3's hype and #3 just didnt deliver
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Well, I think too many ppl were over analysing the movie and didn't spend enough time enjoying it. Its kind of obvious what was GOING to happen that Zion gets blown to shits and everyone dies... Oh wait.. nm scratch that...

I didn't find it confusing at all, its a roller coaster of emotions, action and suspense leading up to the big finale. Its the third part of a trilogy, kinda hard to go into it with the expectations that you're going to see the movie of all movies when its supposed to close the story off.

Premise of the movie is that everything that has a beginning, has an end and the movie did a good job of presenting it.
    asdf

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

WTH happened to the oracle?

You mean the actor who originally played the Oracle or the Oracle in the movie? lol
    asdf

Originally posted by Cueman
    You don't want to spoil it for yourself now do ya?

Originally posted by Cueman
    the actress that originally played the oracle died so they replaced her and made up some BS because of it which didnt affect the overal story whatsoever

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by Wildcat

the actress that originally played the oracle died so they replaced her and made up some BS because of it which didnt affect the overal story whatsoever
    In developing the scripts for Reloaded and Revolutions, the Wachowskis discussed the idea of changing the Oracle's physical appearance, but decided instead to have actress Gloria Foster reprise her role from The Matrix in the second and third chapters of the trilogy. When Foster passed away after completing her scenes for Reloaded, the Brothers returned to their original idea for the path of the Oracle. "Gloria was a remarkably talented, charismatic woman," Silver recalls. "We are extremely proud that she will always be remembered for delivering two of her finest performances in The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded. Fate forced the Wachowskis to alter the path of the Oracle to address Gloria's passing, but they were able to deepen the character's story as a result and I think it's very effective."

"It was wonderful to see the Brothers find a way to honor Gloria's death and continue growing the story in their changing of the script," Moss agrees.

The filmmakers cast respected stage and screen actress Mary Alice (Oz) to play the Oracle in her new form. "I'm not a big science fiction fan, but there is something in the Matrix films that I find very spiritual," says Alice, who starred opposite Foster in the Broadway play Having Our Say in 1995, playing sisters who live to be over 100. "My life has changed from being in it."
    asdf

Originally posted by prosh
    Well, I think too many ppl were over analysing the movie and didn't spend enough time enjoying it. Its kind of obvious what was GOING to happen that Zion gets blown to shits and everyone dies... Oh wait.. nm scratch that...

I didn't find it confusing at all, its a roller coaster of emotions, action and suspense leading up to the big finale. Its the third part of a trilogy, kinda hard to go into it with the expectations that you're going to see the movie of all movies when its supposed to close the story off.

Premise of the movie is that everything that has a beginning, has an end and the movie did a good job of presenting it.
    It's not confusing, my word to describe it would be gay. 3 seemed rushed, trying to explain and tie up loose ends left by 1 and 2 as fast as it could with as little information as possible and it just didn't work. In the words of Homer "It's all just wrapped up in a neat little package now isn't it? Isn't it???". IMO 3 left more questions then answers, and there could easily be a 4th movie but I doubt there will be one, unless it's along the lines of the animatrix. I got the impression from the very last scene that this whole Zion vs. the Robots thing is a recuring process, that if the peace doesn't last there will be another 'one' and it starts all over again. Woopdee fricken doo, Worst Ending Evar.

1 = Awsome *****
    2 = Still willing to pay 12 bucks to see in theatres ***1/2
    3 = Are you serious??? **
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast