Quantcast
Pearl Paint - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pearl Paint

Default Pearl Paint

Does anyone have pictures of a blue car with green pearlescent? I was thinking of doing this to my '91 Firebird but I'm not sure... So pictures? Opinions? Its going to be the same blue base as in my avatar

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Since you asked for my opinion, pearlescent paint looks very dated - kind of like having turquoise rug or 3-spoke rims, I would rather spend the money on a nice custom paint colour that's not too over-the-top.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Lease

You mean that teal blue/green color they have for the Avalanche?

My Ride
    1995 Mustang GT

I think he means a pearl that will go right on to green in the right light, IMO I think pearl paint is pretty sweet!

My Ride
    04 wrx stage 1

go to a sherwin williams and look through there cutsom book you will find the color u want.
    I do body work on weekends for cash

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Since you asked for my opinion, pearlescent paint looks very dated - kind of like having turquoise rug or 3-spoke rims, I would rather spend the money on a nice custom paint colour that's not too over-the-top.
    I knew when I first was looking into new paint the I didn't want anything over the top, just something that would make it pop and stand out from all the other sports cars in the area.

After a few mixes on the palette i realized that the blue basecoat with green pearl mixed in wasn't the way I wanted to go. All the mixes just turned the blue into more of a teal and gave it some sparkle. What I was really looking for was to keep a nice deep, rich blue but like phrozen said i want it to have a limey kind of green look at different angles.
    Much discussion and some different approaches lead to the final product of blue base with a viper green pearl mixed with the clearcoat.

The car has been at the shop since the last week of July and has been a painstakingly slow process but the car is now in the booth and should be back together in the next couple days. Pics will be up as soon as possible.

And for anyone in Medicine Hat thinking of painting their car, I would highly recommend staying away from Intercity Collision/Phat Boi Customs as the car is now 2 1/2 weeks overdue from the original date that was promised to me and small things keep sneaking up on them daily to delay the process.

As a person who works in a shop, if things sneaking up on them delays the process, be thankful. The only way you would get your car back on time would be to rush things, and trust me, I've seen it, you would not be happy with that either. You have an older car and those things happen, even though you're excited to get your car back, be happy that they at least took care and time to do your car to a good grade and leave it at that.

My Ride
    02' dc5

still 2 and 1/2 weeks overdue is bull shit for a paint job. No shop should piss around that much

Originally posted by 2Valve0
    still 2 and 1/2 weeks overdue is bull shit for a paint job. No shop should piss around that much
    I know!! I figured it might have been a couple days late because he seemed to think the date I was pushing for was gonna be tight but its gone on long enough. I'm taking my uncle with me tomorrow to talk to him because he knows more about this stuff than I probably ever will and will be able to better judge whether or not its been unneccissary dicking around. My uncle also used to work with the guys at this shop and i found out that they don't neccissarily have the greatest repoire in his books (which I wish I knew earlier). But it is my first car so i guess some things you gotta learn the hard way, but I know no more of my cars will ever see the inside of this shop.