Quantcast
Do-Win Weightlifting Shoes in Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do-Win Weightlifting Shoes in Canada

Default Do-Win Weightlifting Shoes in Canada

Probably not relevant to most, but for those looking for weightlifting shoes, Power Firm (www.weightliftingshoes.ca) is now carrying Do-win models from China. These have been very well reviewed for performance and price, with companies out of the US selling branded versions (Pendlay and Rogue). $125 shipped in Canada.

They are a small business out of Winnipeg and dealing with Joe was awesome. Emails were replied to immediately, instructions on how to order were very clear. I ordered on Saturday and sent payment via EMT, he shipped right away and I got my shoes yesterday! Not only that, because Joe thought I might be in between sizes, he sent me two pairs to try so that I could train right away without having to ship back a pair and wait for an exchange in case that the shoe didn't fit. I just had to agree to cover the return shipping for the pair that I didn't buy (~$10).

Just had a quick clean workout yesterday and threw in some front squats. Very solid base for pushing off, and the 1" elevated heel is enough to allow me to get into a better bottom position. Can't wait to put them through their paces on a more intense squat workout.

If anyone is looking for weightlifting shoes, contact Joe. You won't be dissappointed.
    heloc that shit

how much weight do you squat/dead?

do you compete?

Originally posted by TurboD
    how much weight do you squat/dead?

do you compete?
    My lifts are irrelevant to this thread.

You don't need to compete to get proper weightlifting shoes
    heloc that shit

i wasn't calling you out, it was just a question

i don't think you need to compete to wear weightlifting shoes either, but I was curious if you competed at all

i figured i would help the thread out with a reply since it was sinking like a rock.

If this thread dies, so be it. It was more of an FYI as there has been some discussion about shoes before. But I know that most here either a) haven't heard of weightlifting shoes and/or b) don't think shoes matter.
    heloc that shit

in your initial post you said this:

Probably not relevant to most
    who exactly do you think its relevant to?
    and why would you think its not relevant to most body builders/weight trainers?

or are you saying that people that aren't educated enough to know the uses of the shoes wouldn't be interested?

that's the reason i asked what level of weight trainer you are because you made it sound like only the elitist power lifter would be interested in these shoes.

otherwise you would have said something like, "if you do squats and dead lifts you should look into these shoes, and here are the reasons why"

its kinda like if you were to post up about how much you are enjoying your full race slicks on your car and are getting great launches because of them, the logical followup question would be, are you involved in auto racing?
    because it would seem almost pointless to use a purpose built tool if you are just practicing your launches on an abandoned road rather than at least racing in a recreational race.

and i would argue that dead lifts are 99.9% strength/form and .1% equipment.

so you must be quite serious about power lifting if you are looking to gain in that 1% category

i'm a bit stressed out from work today so don't take the post personally.
    Last edited by TurboD; 09-18-2009 at 04:48 PM.

in your initial post you said this:

Probably not relevant to most
    who exactly do you think its relevant to?
    and why would you think its not relevant to most body builders/weight trainers?
    You need to learn to read. This is what I posted:
    Originally posted by lint
    Probably not relevant to most, but for those looking for weightlifting shoes
    or are you saying that people that aren't educated enough to know the uses of the shoes wouldn't be interested?
    Do you know what a weightlifting shoe is? What it's used for? No. Guess what? You're not educated, this thread isn't for you. As I posted, this thread is for people looking for weightlifting shoes. This is not a thread about why you need them or what they're for or to convince anyone to use them. Again, learn to read.

that's the reason i asked what level of weight trainer you are because you made it sound like only the elitist power lifter would be interested in these shoes.
    WTF? Do you know the difference between weightlifting, and weight lifting? Or weightlifting and power lifting? Didn't think so.

otherwise you would have said something like, "if you do squats and dead lifts you should look into these shoes, and here are the reasons why"
    If your comprehension was better, you'd know that wasn't the point of this thread. I'm not telling anyone what footwear they should wear when they do something. I'm telling those who are looking for weightlifting shoes about a great experience I had with a Canadian reseller of well reviewed shoes.

its kinda like if you were to post up about how much you are enjoying your full race slicks on your car and are getting great launches because of them, the logical followup question would be, are you involved in auto racing?
    because it would seem almost pointless to use a purpose built tool if you are just practicing your launches on an abandoned road rather than at least racing in a recreational race.
    Again, WTF?

and i would argue that dead lifts are 99.9% strength/form and .1% equipment.

so you must be quite serious about power lifting if you are looking to gain in that 1% category

i'm a bit stressed out from work today so don't take the post personally.
    1) I don't give a shit what you'd argue
    2) Because weightlifting shoes aren't for deadlifts
    3) And weightlifting != power lifting
    4) You can't figure out the difference between 0.1% and 1%
    5) Take your know-it-all posts and get the fuck out of my thread. THIS THREAD ISN'T FOR YOU
    heloc that shit

whoa, easy fella

rather wear chucks

Originally posted by LKL
    rather wear chucks
    That's nice. This post isn't for you either since you're not looking for weightlifting shoes.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    NC1

whoa, easy fella
    You might be stressed out from work and that sucks on a Friday but pick a different battle. You do not want to engage master lint. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

What if my mother's friend's daughter's husband is looking for weightlifting shoes, can I read the thread then?

Originally posted by Pahnda
    What if my mother's friend's daughter's husband is looking for weightlifting shoes, can I read the thread then?
    Your mother's friend's daughter's husband can read the thread. You should go play with TurboD.
    heloc that shit

Well now that this thread has gone to trash...

Lint, there are two models listed (A & B) which did you get, it looks like the difference is between the heel, but I am not sure.

Lint, how do you squat? Narrow or Wide, I am guessing that this would not help a ton with squatting wide, I just don't know a ton about the shoes. I see more guys that are IPF style lifters that use the shoes vs. wide squatters.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Seriously, how the fuck does lint get flamed for making a thread about shoes?

Stay on topic please.

Originally posted by kutt3r
    Well now that this thread has gone to trash...

Lint, there are two models listed (A & B) which did you get, it looks like the difference is between the heel, but I am not sure.

Lint, how do you squat? Narrow or Wide, I am guessing that this would not help a ton with squatting wide, I just don't know a ton about the shoes. I see more guys that are IPF style lifters that use the shoes vs. wide squatters.

Thanks in advance.
    Neither. The model A and B are the old models. The do wins are the ones at the top. I went with the white/red dual strap. From the info I've gathered, all do win models have an effective heel height of 3/4". Total heel height is 1.5", with the forefoot being 3/4".

I don't squat wide. Even when I did low bar, I was slightly wider than shoulder. I do high bar now, along with front squats. The extra 3/4" heel height really helps posture on front/hb squats and allows me to drop into the hole with a vertical back. And they're a big help for the catch on cleans and the snatch.

Unless you have terrible ankle flexibility, I don't think they would help as much squatting wide/low bar. Can't say I've seen any powerlifters use them.
    heloc that shit

Originally posted by A790
    Seriously, how the fuck does lint get flamed for making a thread about shoes?

Stay on topic please.
    TurboD is the know it all troll of the health and fitness section.
    heloc that shit

Neither. The model A and B are the old models. The do wins are the ones at the top. I went with the white/red dual strap. From the info I've gathered, all do win models have an effective heel height of 3/4". Total heel height is 1.5", with the forefoot being 3/4".

I don't squat wide. Even when I did low bar, I was slightly wider than shoulder. I do high bar now, along with front squats. The extra 3/4" heel height really helps posture on front/hb squats and allows me to drop into the hole with a vertical back. And they're a big help for the catch on cleans and the snatch.

Unless you have terrible ankle flexibility, I don't think they would help as much squatting wide/low bar. Can't say I've seen any powerlifters use them.
    cheers!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

BUMP!

lint how are your shoes holding up to date, are you still happy with the purchase? I am looking to order a pair of shoes in the next week or two.

Your mother's friend's daughter's husband can read the thread. You should go play with TurboD.
    hahaha i fucking lol'd
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast