Quantcast
Heads up for poor business practice at no name gas station 17th ave & 25a st SW - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up for poor business practice at no name gas station 17th ave & 25a st SW

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Default Heads up for poor business practice at no name gas station 17th ave & 25a st SW

So I had a UFC party last weekend and figured I would BBQ up about 7 lbs of tandoori chicken for the boys. Not knowing how much propane was left in my tank, I figured I would get it topped up to be safe.

Seeing as it was the closest location to my house to get propane, I took it to the shitty gas station on the corner of 17th ave and 25a St SW. This is the place with the Greek Restaraunt attached to it.

I get to the Propane silo and meet the attendant there. I told him that it still had some propane in the tank and the difference was to be weighed and the tank topped. Now either this twat was too lazy, too dumb to do the math, or was just plain telling the truth. He proceeded to tell me that it didn't matter how much was left in the tank and that they only charge a flat rate of 16 bucks a fill. Which turns out to be the full tank rate from empty.

I gave him the look where both my eyebrows meet at the center and I then asked if he was fuckin' with me. He said no and continued to tell me his boss is cheap and greedy in his strong accent.

So with this situation at hand, you just never know where else they are cutting costs or over charging. I wouldn't be surprised if their mid grade or supreme gas is just watered down regular unleaded. Same as their regular unleaded.

I ended up hitting up the Co-op gas bar on Richmond road instead. I saved 8 bucks by having an honest person do it.

Just a consumer heads up to watch out when going there.

edit- This leads me to believe that had I not said anything, he would have just gone ahead and filled it while not using the scale and weights. Therefore charging me $16.00.

Too late? Not without a useless fight, argument, etc etc.
    Last edited by Kona9; 08-13-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Flat rate for propane regardless of what's remaining... yeah, that's pretty weak.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Even co-op has a minimum charge.

So what are you going to do with that $8 you saved? I can't wait to hear the rest of the story; you are leaving us on the edge of our seats...

A supersized Big Mac Combo?

A sixer of Black Label?

Or did it simply make up for the time you took loading it back into your car, the gas/time it took to drive to Co-op, and the rest of the time it took to get it filled?

Everyone deserves a rant now and then, but you choose this?

I would have kept my opinion to myself but you asked for it with the completely redundant "strong accent" comment.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

It's like Opa on dirtier.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by benyl
    Minimum charge is 7 bux though. At least the tanks are being weighed.

Natural gas BBQ FTMFW

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by scat19

Minimum charge is 7 bux though. At least the tanks are being weighed.

Natural gas BBQ FTMFW
    As long as you keep paying your utilities lol

Originally posted by ixlr8
    So what are you going to do with that $8 you saved? I can't wait to hear the rest of the story; you are leaving us on the edge of our seats...

A sixer of Black Label?

Or did it simply make up for the time you took loading it back into your car, the gas/time it took to drive to Co-op, and the rest of the time it took to get it filled?

I would have kept my opinion to myself but you asked for it with the completely redundant "strong accent" comment.
    Oh wow. So the OP posts about how a gas station is potentially bilking people out of money (by charging for a consumable product at a rate that may or may not be equal to what is fair market for what they are actually receiving) and you cuss him out because of the "strong accent" comment? That's lame. That's lamer than Paula Abdul leaving American Idol.

Sorry bud, but that's pretty sad. Notice how he didn't lay down the race card, but commented on the accent. That's pretty legit- strong accents make it VERY difficult to communicate with someone.

You could have chewed out any other rant, but you chose this?

Originally posted by scat19

Natural gas BBQ FTMFW

Propane FTW... natural gas just sucks for BBQ's. Leave the natural gas for stoves inside the house, and the propane for bbq's.
    Last edited by BlackArcher101; 08-13-2009 at 04:01 PM.

^ well done
    Originally posted by rage2
    When you said she's got talent, I assumed big tits. Fuck was I disappointed.

At least we still have stations which fill propane tanks here. Many places I've been to in the US don't do this. Instead you exchange your old tank for a different (used) tank and pay $20. There is no way to even top up a tank that still has some propane in other than paying the $20 to exchange to another tank.

My Ride
    oooo

As per the Weights and Measures act of Canada you have to weigh it on a Legal for Trade scale. (it will have a measurement canada sticker on it)

so yes it is totally illegal what he did.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by benyl
    Come to think of it, Costco also has a 1 charge policy. I guess they are breaking the law?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

A sixer of Black Label?

aaaaaaand Blow me Princess!

Thank you for having such an interest in my thread. It's tough for me to figure out whether you wanted to impress all the young boys on here with the fact that 8 bucks is chump change for you, or you wanted to display your excellent reading comprehension skills.

It's a 'heads up' Goof. Perhaps you are related in intelligence to the person who started the "OMG teh C-Trainz is gonna shut down next week." thread.

No where did I say I was pissed off, no where does it say I held an argument with him or even felt like uppercutting him as a reaction. I simply denied his service, loaded up my tank, and away I went to the next location. There was no time wasted, it was a nice day and I didn't have a care in the world. Brand new truck, hot sunny day, tunes pounding, getting ready for a great night. Everything was grand. Not to mention, there aren't many places to get propane anymore so I looked forward to the drive.

The simple point I was getting across by sharing my story was the fact that this business is ripping people off. I'm not sure how you missed that one. Perhaps you are one of the people I was truly trying to warn. You know, the ones that don't pay attention, or don't start to pay attention until it's too late. Thus losing out on 8 bucks or more for no reason.

Besides, 8 bucks or not, that's my 8 bucks. I don't give change to panhandlers I see on a daily basis, so I'm not going to be giving it to a slimy, shitty business owner. (who also probably had a strong accent )

What I am really happy about is how my 'strong accent' comment caused you to blow a big enough panty shield that you gathered up the energy to post useless spew in my thread. I purposely chose to not add an ethnicity to the description due to the fact that I wasn't exactly sure, and to keep little racial bitches like you out of the story at hand.

You can put your race card away now.

As for the 8 dollar savings, I like your Black Label and Micky D reference. Don't always assume others have the same level of class as yourself.

The owner is good people. Its not easy trying to make a living owning a gas station, let alone an independent one. They were straight up with you before they filled it, its not like they were cheating you.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by RY213
    The owner is good people. Its not easy trying to make a living owning a gas station, let alone an independent one. They were straight up with you before they filled it, its not like they were cheating you.
    READ!!!! If I didn't mention to him that there was some propane left, he would have just filled it. I at one point got my propane ticket to legally dispense propane. The process to fill any propane tank involes weighing the tank and setting the scale to balance out while filling.

Just because he told me doesn't mean he would let everyone else know. What about a soccer mom dropping off the tank and herding her kids in the store for candy while it is filling? What about him pumping gas on one or two cars and running over to start the tank while the propane customer waited inside while making other purchases?

I had this tank filled there once when it was completely empty the last time, and he didn't say shit all to me. Rather he prefered to continue a conversation (in his langauge ) with one of his buddies without even saying hi to me. Not that I cared to be honest.

Sure they are good people. But your logic seems to state that because he is running a gas station and times are tough, it's cool to rip me off 8 bucks? Fuck that noise. It's not my problem the business he chose to operate isn't doing well. I just wanted to cook some delicious Indian chicken.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

So far..

Kona: 2
    RY213: 0
    ixlr8: -1

A sixer of Black Label?

You should buy a cape and become the propane crusader. Wherever there is injustice at a propane filling station Kona is there to make things right...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast