Quantcast
Fine for large stereo on houseboat? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fine for large stereo on houseboat?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Default Fine for large stereo on houseboat?

Anyone gotten that fine? We're risking it anyway just wanted to know what im in store for if we get fined for it.. cant find any info on the houseboating sites..

Just be respectful and you shouldnt have a problem.

My Ride

Originally posted by spike98
    Just be respectful and you shouldnt have a problem.
    Well we have 5 boats so i think we will be seeking out beaches small enough people wont want to come (like avoid nielsen since we have like 96 people going or whatever amyway).. So i'm hoping it wont be a problem if we have them pointed in land and dont draw massive amounts of attention to ourselves.. But its always possible right? i just hope its not like 500 bucks haha

It really would depend on the Bylaws of where you are at. I would guess it would be a Excessive Noise ticket of some sorts. I know in some towns they are $100 to a maximum of $2000

At any rate RCMP or local authorities would prolly just give you a warning unless other douchebagary was occuring and they just want to stick it to ya.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I think the fine is way more than $500. I was houseboating during August Long, and the Coors Light boat took down all their equipment because the fine was so expensive.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

We got one a few years back... The rangers were patrolling the beaches and saw our speakers on the top of our boat, this was at like 3 in the afternoon. The fine was like $160 or something. We didn't give them a hard time and they didn't give us a hard time... they said that they had to report it to the houseboat company but would at least put a good word in for us...

The real issue is that you risk loosing your damage deposit on your houseboat. In the rental agreement one of the conditions is that you're not allowed to bring that stuff on and doing so is grounds for them to keep your deposit >$3000!!! In our case some guy from the houseboat company (waterways) tried to pull that on us. We talked our way out of it in the end.

Another year we had a bunch of DJ gear in our speedboat that we had tied to the back of our houseboat while waiting to leave the docks and one of the dock guys saw it and wouldn't let us leave with it... had to give it to them to hold onto for the week! This was with twin anchors.

In the end you always see boats with huge stereo's going, just be careful bringing it onto the boat and keep it inside the boat during the day and you should be OK.

My Ride

Originally posted by '93 SR-V

In the end you always see boats with huge stereo's going, just be careful bringing it onto the boat and keep it inside the boat during the day and you should be OK.
    Thats the plan, bring it out after dark and keep it DL. I'm respectful to law enforcement and usually get off fairly easy by not being rude and just being smart about things so it should be alright in the end..

on a side note anyone know where i could buy a onesie? 6'4" 240lbs, needs to be fairly large...

My Ride
    2005 F350

i just puked in my mouth.

the park rangers have always been cool whenever i had to deal with them while houseboating.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

We had all the gear for our band on the houseboat one year. The only thing is we didn;t load it on at the docks. We went down the lake ans loaded it on. We played out on the open water as well as at the beach...never had a problem.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    on a side note anyone know where i could buy a onesie? 6'4" 240lbs, needs to be fairly large...
    http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/

http://www.pajamacity.com/

http://canada.footedpajamas.com/default.asp

I "hear" the fine is large. I just got back last night, there was one boat with some killer sound system beside us. But then again, Rangers cruised by us a Nielson beach on Friday evening and kept on going.

Last year our boat got the large speaker ticket, but only cause someone with a tiny brain hit play at 10am, while the RCMP was issuing another person (with an even smaller brain) on our boat a ticket for firing fireworks into the forest right when the RC'swere doing their morning patrol. It was $1000 for the speakers, and $1000 for the fireworks.

That was at neilson beach, we were banned from the BC parks beaches too. Long story short, don't let anyone on the boat be a complete moron, and cover or bring the speakers inside at night, and you'll be fine.

We rented from twin anchors, but loaded the speakers and dj set at the downtown marina, after we took possession of the boat
    Last edited by H4LFY2nR; 08-17-2009 at 05:53 PM.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by H4LFY2nR
    Last year our boat got the large speaker ticket, but only cause someone with a tiny brain hit play at 10am right when the RCMP was doing their morning patrol. It was $1000...
    Yeah its 1000 bucks for sure, I've went the last 3 years and we got the fine the first year and know people who were busted the last few.

You can risk it, just get everyone to chip on the fine before hand that way you don't get screwed. And make sure all your equiptment is hidden and covered when boarding at twin acres or waterways.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Seanith
    I think the fine is way more than $500. I was houseboating during August Long, and the Coors Light boat took down all their equipment because the fine was so expensive.
    And you guys had a better party than they did
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by sexualbanana

And you guys had a better party than they did
    We sure did G we sure did
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride

anymore input? i talked to the guy that rents the shit and he said they fit in duffle bags so they're easy to sneak on the boat, so they wont be huge and obnoxious, and i was thinking, i could disguise them as beer boxes when they're on the top at night?!

I think as long as you are reasonable you "should" be okay. Keep in mind they are going nutz this year with patrols on the shuswap for some reason. I have a cabin on the lake and I have never seen so many RCMP boat patrols before. They followed me to my dock one afternoon just to check if my boat had the required safety gear.
    Seems like the increased property taxes are actually doing something for once.

Keep the music down and keep things low key and you will not likely encounter them.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by JfuckinC

we have like 96 people going
    With that many people going I wouldnt worry about a ticket, just have everyone pitch in a few bucks and call it a day
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride

Originally posted by LadyLuck

With that many people going I wouldnt worry about a ticket, just have everyone pitch in a few bucks and call it a day
    Yah but some people are tight wads and dont agree with other people music helps make the party better! We're having a big discussion right now weighing out the pro's and cons.
    If the ticket is really 1000. that sucks. if its like 200, i'll pay it myself. i cant find any info on it. Edit: just re-read and someone said it was for sure 1000 haha... such a hard decision.
    We just want to have as much fun as possible, we're not out there to bother anyone or make a scene.

Either way i'll let you know how it goes haha.. Thanks!

Originally posted by LadyLuck

This. With 96 people, each pitching in $10 is $960. There is your ticket right there. No big deal.

Edit: You posted before me. Slap them upside the head. You have to pay to play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast