Quantcast
Calgary Realtor sought after body of California model found in briefcase - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Thread: Calgary Realtor sought after body of California model found in briefcase

Default Ryan Jenkins owed thousands on BMW lease

Lawsuit claims Jenkins owed thousands on car lease
    By TONY BLAIS, COURT BUREAU

Last Updated: 3rd September 2009, 2:53am

An Albertan who killed himself while fleeing a U.S. murder charge for the slaying of his swimsuit model ex-wife is the subject of a recently filed Edmonton lawsuit.

According to a statement of claim filed in Edmonton's Court of Queen's Bench on Aug. 20, BMW Canada Inc. is alleging Ryan Jenkins owes them $12,750 in outstanding payments for a luxury car he was leasing.

The German automaker alleges Jenkins, 32, entered into a written lease agreement on June 6, 2007, whereby he leased a 2007 BMW 335xi sedan.

BMW says Jenkins agreed to make monthly payments of $932 up until June 2010, however the company claims he breached the agreement by failing to make the payments.

Jenkins allegedly made his last payment in March 2009 and had not forked over any money since.

BMW says the luxury sedan was returned to them and subsequently sold, but note there is a deficiency owing on the vehicle in the amount of $12,750 plus interest.

Wow. The LAME crap that some call "news".

OMG! He didn't make his LEASE payments.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by sputnik

Welcome to the age of Twitter and TMZ.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Default Re: Ryan Jenkins owed thousands on BMW lease

Originally posted by urban.one

they got their car back plus they want 12k in addition the the existing payments? they lost

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by sputnik

What do you expect? It's from The Sun.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo...29306-sun.html

Looking more and more like a coke-up and then fall.

Cocaine of course - giving most people the feeling of invincibility usually manifesting itself in people saying stupid things like "I'm king of the world!" or not suprisingly "I love my life!" and irrational spending.

On the comedown it can be pretty harsh. Murderous/suicidal thoughts can creep in pretty easy. Trick is to have enough valium or horse tranq to knock yourself out for the low.

But not that I would know.

If I had to guess - he ran out of money for the downtime and went psycho.

"There is no more potent combination than a guy on heroin and a girl on cocaine." Ode to Sid Vicious.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-09-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Couple alleges dead realtor Jenkins made off with condo deposit

By Daryl Slade, Calgary HeraldSeptember 12, 2009Comments (21)

A Calgary couple who sued former Calgary realtor Ryan Jenkins earlier this year over a $57,750 deposit they made for a condo are still hoping to recover their money, despite his recent death.

Patrick Keightley and his wife, Cheryl Dawes, allege Jenkins and Townscape Developments Inc. -- whom they gave the down payment on the property agreed to be built, but never constructed, at 406 19th Ave. N. E.--breached their agreement and misused the money.

Jenkins, 32, who was living and working in the United States as a reality TV contestant, fled to Canada after allegedly killing his ex-wife Jasmine Fiore in Buena Park, Calif., last month and committed suicide.

His body was found hanging from a closet at the Thunderbird Motel in Hope, B. C., on Aug 23.

Keightley and Dawes allege in a statement of claim filed in Court of Queen's Bench in Calgary that Townscape agreed to construct a six-unit condominium and accepted the 10 per cent deposit on the $577,500 unit.

Keightley said in an interview that Jenkins wrongfully acted on their behalf as a realtor in dealing with his personal property.

"We bought a condo and he basically sold the property he was going to build the condo on," said Keightley. "It's taken us nearly two years already to try to get our money.

"We were never going to get that property. It's ridiculous. But (Jenkins') estate is handling it, so we hope (the money) is in the estate and that we get it soon."

Calgary civil litigation lawyer Rick Billington said such claims almost always do not die with one of the litigants.

"The death of a litigant or shareholder of a corporate litigant does not usually pose an impediment to continuing litigation," Billington said Thursday. "It may cause practical difficulties, especially if the testimony of the deceased is pertinent to the case.

"What would happen is the executor of the (deceased's) estate ends up assuming responsibility for all affairs of the estate. The executor doesn't become responsible for the claims of creditors, but the assets may have to be preserved so the estate can deal with them."

The plaintiffs claim Jenkins' company misrepresented itself by purportedly being a member of the Alberta New Home Warranty Program when it was not, and by not holding deposit money in trust as was agreed upon.

Jenkins, in a counterclaim, denied the allegations and alleged the deposit was non-refundable and was lost to the buyers when they failed to comply with terms of the agreement.

Keightley and Dawes have denied in their defence to the counterclaim that they breached the agreement by, as alleged by Jenkins, requesting the return of their deposit before construction had begun.

Meanwhile, the Bank of Montreal also filed a$31,646 statement of claim against Jenkins on July 15, a month prior to Fiore's mutilated body being found stuffed in a suitcase in a garbage bin.

The bank alleges there is due and owing $21,117, plus interest, as part of a MasterCard cardholder agreement, as well as $10,529, plus interest, for money and services paid to or on behalf of Jenkins at his request.

No statement of defence was ever filed.

Jenkins was the subject of a North America-wide police manhunt for allegedly killing Fiore.

Jenkins' father, Calgary architect Dan Jenkins, said in a recent statement to the Herald he believes his son is innocent and he intended to "offer a reward for the capture of (Jasmine's) killer."

Ryan Jenkins' half-sister told an American TV show she also believes her brother did not kill Fiore.

She said she still believes he is innocent: "I hold onto the thought that he couldn't possibly do this," Alena Jenkins told ABC-TV's Good Morning America.

Jenkins remains the only suspect in the slaying.

[email protected]

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

My Ride

sounds like winner. Scammers abound these days.

Ryan Jenkins Suicide Device Used on Halloween

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/04/ryan-j...-on-halloween/

My Ride
    your mom

Where is the rack? I want a picture with the rack!

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by urban.one
    Ryan Jenkins Suicide Device Used on Halloween

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/04/ryan-j...-on-halloween/
    wow!

Tasteless!

People never cease to amaze me.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

So that chick's rack is real?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

awesome! i have absolutely zero compassion for that piece of shit.

Ryan Jenkins was a complete scum bag and I have a very hard time believing that the rest of his family is all that different either. At the very least his father is a complete idiot for not seeing how much of a monster his son actually was. I'm disappointed that there won't be any legal charges filed against the sister.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

"Jenkins' father, Calgary architect Dan Jenkins, said in a recent statement to the Herald he believes his son is innocent and he intended to "offer a reward for the capture of (Jasmine's) killer."

Maybe he should either:

A) Get a reality check
    B) Team up with OJ
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by SJW
    "Jenkins' father, Calgary architect Dan Jenkins, said in a recent statement to the Herald he believes his son is innocent and he intended to "offer a reward for the capture of (Jasmine's) killer."
    I just dug his ass up, where do I claim the reward?
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Originally posted by SJW

Maybe he should either:

A) Get a reality check
    B) Team up with OJ

Originally posted by em2ab

I just dug his ass up, where do I claim the reward?

ahahahhahahdhhahjfdsahfdsahdsafhhdsf

fucking classic.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19