Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1499 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1499 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1489 1498 1499 1500 1509 ... LastLast
Results 29,961 to 29,980 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

gold and miners dont look too good today. while I exited at the top of wave C and the leg down to wave D appears to be in progress. the fact that it is closing below the small triangle consolidation pattern is another bearish indicator. sold my fr.to play as well. waiting for wave D to buy back

unless of course a sudden reverse with an upside breakout then that will certain change things in short order.

for oil, still hovering above the neckline, technically I think oil remains bullish as long as it remains above 46.50, I guess it will come down to Opec, if there is a cut, oil to 60+, if not, back under 40 as my precious chart alt count suggest
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Horse

in JDST at 36.2 this morning. For once I'd like to be on the right side of a 30% day.... let's see it happen ! Would love to see gold below 1200 today and minders making lower low

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Lol why do you maniacs who day trade these ETFs over night not just trade the commodity directly?

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Vanish3d
    in JDST at 36.2 this morning. For once I'd like to be on the right side of a 30% day.... let's see it happen ! Would love to see gold below 1200 today and minders making lower low
    i applaud you for playing both sides of the market. the fact that miners has been out performing gold of late, it can turn around. so make sure you have stops, because if it turns around the recloses above 35, that would be very bullish
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by cjblair

I've been afraid this was the case. I want a reason to get into LABD and hold for a week or two, but I haven't been able to convince myself. No matter how I look at it, XBI isn't turning around yet.
    Looks like it finally might be breaking down, I'll probably look to get in on a pullback if today it finishes green.

Originally posted by riander5
    Lol why do you maniacs who day trade these ETFs over night not just trade the commodity directly?
    The ETFs move more (%) than the commodity itself. If a person is swing trading or day trading, they can get more exposure in a 3x etf than they would with the same amount of capital in the base commodity.

side note: what exactly do you mean by trade the commodity? My response is based on the assumption that you're suggesting trading GLD.

pretty big pullback on the green marijuana stocks. i got in on aphria in the 4.5s

edit: acb in particular touched 2.1s earlier which would be the pre-jump support area. i would've bought more but i already have two different traunches of acb and want to spread my exposure out
    Last edited by secol; 11-22-2016 at 10:44 AM.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by SilverRex

i applaud you for playing both sides of the market. the fact that miners has been out performing gold of late, it can turn around. so make sure you have stops, because if it turns around the recloses above 35, that would be very bullish
    Got stopped out at 37, oh well.

Now I don't really know which side I want to be on. It's so undecisive

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Vanish3d

Got stopped out at 37, oh well.

Now I don't really know which side I want to be on. It's so undecisive
    shorting from these level will continue to get more difficult because its getting cheap and there are constantly investor buying at these level as a value play or who thinks the correction is completed.

I re-entered Jnug at 6.85 and fr.to at 11.62
    Last edited by SilverRex; 11-22-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by secol
    pretty big pullback on the green marijuana stocks. i got in on aphria in the 4.5s

edit: acb in particular touched 2.1s earlier which would be the pre-jump support area. i would've bought more but i already have two different traunches of acb and want to spread my exposure out
    I'm still at a gain with my MJ stocks and this pullback TBH was not a big surprise after that crazy run from last week
    Day traders profited and lots of young ones lost money.
    I' keeping my MJ stocks long term but may sell some next run.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I got into weed stocks late and would have still made 10% if I had set stops so everything sold automatically... missed all those windows by being in meetings. Also, the scotia itrade app sucks. I ended up down 25% today

going to get back into it though once the report is out and things have calmed down. maybe January

My Ride
    G6

Sold all my pot last week after I saw madness taking shape. I know hindsight is 100%, but after last Wednesday's pure insanity, a drastic pullback was almost certain. Looking to re-enter, but not yet. I'd like to own pot stocks, but right now they are nothing more than day trading.

but pretty damn good swing trading stocks. too bad i got cold feet and cancelled my order on OGI that would've filled at 2.45 easy 14%+ gain right there

My Ride
    Lariat

TCK keeps going strong for me. Should have bought more when it was in the teens a few months back
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'm making sure I have settled funds for EMC (upcoming MJ IPO on TSX-V Monday, Nov 28th).

Do your research, looks like they are anticipating the starting price to be ~$1.00-$1.25.

Looking forward to see how it reacts in the first 5 minutes of opening next week.

Edit: I e-mailed the investor relations guy at Emblem and they're trying for end of the month. So it looks like Wednesday, November 30th is the date to look out for next week.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 11-23-2016 at 03:33 PM.

thanks for the heads up.....i might try to swing that one on day 1

Originally posted by asp integra
    TCK keeps going strong for me. Should have bought more when it was in the teens a few months back

This has been a great one for me. I bought it all the way down to $5 (I started much higher though). It's getting near a 100% return for me now.

Unfortunately I did sell some shares on the way up but still have a significant amount to me.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Gold having a nice little grind during power hour.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by cjblair

Looks like it finally might be breaking down, I'll probably look to get in on a pullback if today it finishes green.

The ETFs move more (%) than the commodity itself. If a person is swing trading or day trading, they can get more exposure in a 3x etf than they would with the same amount of capital in the base commodity.

side note: what exactly do you mean by trade the commodity? My response is based on the assumption that you're suggesting trading GLD.
    Trading futures

You could just leverage your trades to get the same amount of risk you are getting with these ETFs.

Except you dont have a 16 hour period where you sit on your thumb and hope things go in your direction amongst ever changing conditions

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by riander5

Trading futures

You could just leverage your trades to get the same amount of risk you are getting with these ETFs.

Except you dont have a 16 hour period where you sit on your thumb and hope things go in your direction amongst ever changing conditions
    Ah right. I have limited knowledge on trading futures, but isn't there more risk involved? i.e. buying contracts on margin?

My Ride
    a tank

here it is gold under 1200, final capitulation? it will be very interesting to see how miners perform shortly after opening considering miner has been out performing relative to gold. if we see strong performance or rebound from miners, then this could be it.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1499 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1489 1498 1499 1500 1509 ... LastLast