Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1584 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1584 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1574 1583 1584 1585 1594 ... LastLast
Results 31,661 to 31,680 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

my stuff i've been following has been pretty boring lately.

Pony.to: I liquidated a position out of pony when it climbed to $5, and thank god I did as it's fallen to $3.8x now. I still have 2400 shares in that, but its in my rrsp account which i use for investing long. Their future isn't looking so hot right now, but i think we'll find a bottom soon on that stock, and I expect it might rebound a lot at the next bit of good news they have. This is hugely over sold IMO and actually looking very good to me to jump in to big and ride a rebound in to the mid $4s.

TV: zinc is skyrocketing but the stock isn't following suit yet. IMO people were waiting for the earnings report, waiting to see if august floods the market with inventory (often happens in august but so far hasn't had any signs of happening this year), and are waiting for the company's deal/new shares to resolve. A lot of volume trading on the buy side in the last few days so obviously some people are saying screw waiting things out, and the stock is moving up in to the mid 1.30s again, but for the price of zinc it could be a lot higher. I'd say at the price zinc is currently this stock could hit 1.50s once people's fears are gone about all the short term little things up in the air. I'm all in with my tfsa on TV right now, and with tv on the rise, and pony on the major decline, i'm starting to get tempted to liquidate TV and jump in with half my tfsa or all in on pony as i think tv isn't going to take off for another month or so thx to the fear mongering. I'm still going to be surprised if it hits 1.40 this month... but it's now possible. I also think it is likely to take a dip again before sept, meaning there isn't much upside to holding it for the next month and I might be better off parking my money in something else that could randomly spring back 10%+. It's likely i'll be liquidating this temporarily if it gets close to 1.40.

CHR.to had quite the run lately, up to 8.10 a share. I think that stock is now priced at about what it should be.

RSI.to, I've been in and out of this one a couple times this year when it fallen close to $6, but I missed being in this one this time. It had a nice fall to $6 on some news sugar was a dying commodity a month ago or so, and it's been rebounding like crazy over the last couple weeks. up to $6.9x with a solid dividend to boot. too expensive now and i figure it'll start falling at some point soon.

still following everything else i was follwoing for the last months but i'm not touching any of it right now. Dope stocks i'd like to see a lot lower again before i touch them. There was a IPO on DOJA (another marajuana stock) today. I was watching it, but stayed away as I think the last dope IPO flopped out of the gate.

Following silverex's advice i've been watching MUX.to as well as something to buy in the future after my current stocks do what i'm hoping, run out of steam, or fail to materialize. From what I remember researching they're basically in-between mines now, and i'm expecting the price to fall a lot further than he predicted. IMO this one looks like a dangerous short term investment but going long this one does seem like it has some solid potential looking in to 2018/2019 and beyond.

I've also been watching NCU.to. It's a copper play out of nevada that's potentially starting to materialize. Risky, but very good potential if things work out. trading in the 0.50s right now, but projections are it could be in the $1.50ish range in about a year.
    I've also been watching Min.to, which is another copper play out of arizona. It's already seen a lot of movement upwards on the price in the last few months, but projections on that are it probably still will double from it's current price.
    Last edited by zhao; 08-09-2017 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

took up my 2nd position on mux.to at 2.79, will leave 1 more entry if I see 2.5 or lower

oil

as long as oil does not break below 46.80, i am expecting this is just another correction with the next move retesting the upper down channel and previous swing high near 52

ccj

looks like a backtesting of the breakout trendline

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I couldn't help but notice UVXY the last time it spiked, so I started studying it and today was the perfect time to trade it.
    It was already up 6% by the time it opened, and reached 14% before I was able to get in on the dip in low 33s. It went into the 32s even on the dip.
    Now trading in the 35s and I have a trailing stop loss.

I may sell 35.50 and get back in on the dip again.

Still 3.5 more hours to scalp trade this guys

It helps I've been monitoring gold, dollar, SPY as well because the correlation is very nice to see and noticing the support and resistance levels to know when to get out or get back in.

Have fun.

Edit: I'm just increasing my trailing stop loss on this. Cost entry was 33.22. Now over 37.25, and I got in super late.

Man, this thing is insane.

Strictly day trade only, so this is getting sold for sure one way or another before the 2:00 pm MT.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 08-17-2017 at 11:00 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It kept climbing right up until close! Hopefully you sold last minute. Good job
    ---

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    It kept climbing right up until close! Hopefully you sold last minute. Good job
    Haha, unfortunately I sold at 38, but entry in 33s doesn't look too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Only had 700 shares, but still a good day nonetheless percentage wise.

This week was pretty awesome for me. Tv was slowly going up for the last week and was sitting at low 1.30s 2 days ago.

Tv hit 1.50 yesterday after China announced shutting down their mines for a month which caught everyone by surprise imo and put tv stock in to extreme over bought mode. I sold a little early when it hit 1.44 with half my stock, and this morning it started going down again, so I sold the remainder when it hit 1.43 and set a bid order at 1.38 with that money. I figured it go down to 1.37-1.39 today, and it barely hit 1.38 and had my order filled. It rebounded a bit so pretty happy nailing that price even though i think I could have waited to buy cheaper.

I still figure this stock will likely dip lower than it is currently. I'm hoping for low 1.30s again, but we'll see. Once sept hits and their deal is done I figure we should see it break the 52 week high. Im still skeptical of analysts claiming $2 a share, but I also didn't think zinc would hit an all time high so early and so hard. Maybe they'll turn out right but we'll see.

My tfsa is up about30% in the last 3 months thx to this stock

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    took up my 2nd position on mux.to at 2.79, will leave 1 more entry if I see 2.5 or lower

oil

as long as oil does not break below 46.80, i am expecting this is just another correction with the next move retesting the upper down channel and previous swing high near 52

oil opened at 46.80 and moved upwards a little, good things to come?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    oil opened at 46.80 and moved upwards a little, good things to come?
    oil is choppy but yes I still expect good things to come for oil. I suspect energy shares is close to finishing a major bottom. looking at Meg as it has a pretty impulsive count off the low is looking for a wave c of (ii) bottom, then the next major up leg should begin

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

Not that anyone cares, but worth looking at opposite on my plays last week starting tomorrow. Looking for entry in XIV (vs. UVXY)

I love reading what others are looking at or going in to, so i care lol.

On another note following painted pony (still have about 10g in it) that stock keeps taking hits this month, and I figure it's going to get close to $3.50 a share. I still think this company will potentially hit $6 this winter, and analysts are still predicting anything from $4.50 to over $12 (ha, GFL there) within the next year, so i think at even the current price of 3.70ish its a very attractive gamble. I think that stock could spring back in to the mid 4s any day as well with any good news.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd say painted pony is one of the most well run gas stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    a tank

fcx finally making a higher high wave v of 1 in progress. copper looking like it will be finishing 5 waves up and will soon be in correction. I want to see fcx get above 16 then back to 14 for a retest before the big move
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

Yum yum, fun days again today but with XIV. UVXY down 15%, XIV up pretty much all day. Too bad there isn't a 2x leverage version of XIV.
    Being right is fun, just gotta try to stay grounded and be disciplined.

My Ride
    4Runner

Have been riding HBM for whole week now, great overall gains. As well with EFN, been loving Day Trading so far!

My Ride

Haven't played leveraged gold miners for a while now, only GDXJ. Time for some JNUG!

My Ride
    a tank

usa.to

looks like this silver miner is first out of the gate while there isnt much action on my other holdings. usa.to breakout has been confirm and with a solid earning, it has nearly moved 50% in the last couple of weeks. This is a long term holding for me

natgas

natgas count has been in a wave 2 correction for some time. unless it can take out the trendline that started back in december, the downside risk pegs a retest back to the 2.5 area or slightly lower. shall a real breakout occur, this is also wave 3 move which I think the miners are in right now.

gold

gold may be due for a daily cycle pull back, but unless dollar bottoms, gold can just keep grinding higher.

fcx

copper is due to complete its 5 waves up so caution ahead in the short to medium term. I am still looking to remove another position if fcx can reach the 16 then look for a 13-14 buy back shall copper begins its ABC wave 2 correction that will essentially setup a even bigger move towards year end.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gold finally exploded. after clearing the 1300 area. As long as there is no intervention, looks like gold is in the clear and no major resistance until it retest the election night high in the 1330s.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gold

the sentiment on gold is pretty negative right now, the extreme is nearly at levels similar to the major low that occur back in late 2015, early 2016. COT has also finally turned bullish as large specs are throwing in the towel. would this cause a turn? regardless of a trend I think gold is ready for a good multi week bounce. a good solid green reversal hammer was formed on the daily along with a swing low. as long as the low inst broken to the down side I think next move is up

just looking back to this chart in July. clearly gold has moved along the green path. Its nice to know that previous bottom indicator (reversal green hammer) continue to confirm trend change. obviously it was the combination of COT sentiment reversal in the same period.

now we will see how strong and where this rally goes. my holdings has been quite lack luster all year long. Truly a home coming for those that have the patience
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

gold finally exploded. after clearing the 1300 area. As long as there is no intervention, looks like gold is in the clear and no major resistance until it retest the election night high in the 1330s.
    NUGT/JNUG ftw

Haven't played these in forever and luckily it looked good for entry last week.

Page 1584 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1574 1583 1584 1585 1594 ... LastLast