Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1624 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1624 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1614 1623 1624 1625 1634 ... LastLast
Results 32,461 to 32,480 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best to stay on sidelines and be mostly cash in situations like these as Silver pointed out.
    I was thinking about HMMJ but now just watching and waiting till bloodbath subsides a bit. Would be funny if it went back to 10
    If you're not in. I would be really looking at buying soon. The second there's some green up movements.
    MJ sector has done this before for those who were in 2+ years ago know what I mean. Going from $4 to $1.50 on TWEED (Canopy). I can list more examples. ACB didn't just continuously rise from nothing. There were massive pull backs and if you hung in there, you were rewarded.
    Found an old sheet I had in my office showing my order entry for ACB $1.36. If I had the strength to hold that, I'd be in the multi-millions. But sold at around $5 because I believed the "overbought" "market cap too high" statements.
    Would I target the big guys right now? Nope. ACB was small when I was trading it. I am targeting small cap MJ stocks.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I am targeting small cap MJ stocks.
    Then HMJR would be perfect for you soon.

My Ride
    a tank

gdx to gld ratio

I am also watching this closely, if it breaks the dec low, then I have to seriously re-assess the PM sector, until then, it also has a similar count a clear abc with 5 waves down. PM needs to stabilize at around current prices to maintain the posture this is nothing more than a scary pull back before launch

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Then HMJR would be perfect for you soon.
    Naw. ETF's limit your upside. Thanks though.
    HMMJ went from $12 in Nov17 to $25 Jan18.
    Same time you held, anything. I'll pick on ACB and you go from $3 in Nov17 to $15 Jan18.
    Same time frame and you only double your money in HMMJ.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 02-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Day traders dream in MJ coming up now. Some reversals.

My Ride
    a tank

natgas

well all the red on my screen, where are all the opportunities. probably all of them are great buys when you look back after a couple of months.

starting a natgas play again. 1 tranche in UGAZ under 70. could still dip lower maybe I'll add another, expecting we are close to a good size bounce then could either sharply reverse to the upside (if this was a sharp 2 down and onto new highs) or another wave lower due to more time to correct after such a good run since Dec

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    anything is possible, I have always wanted to see the 1.6-1.7 area reached as the low side of the target. The frustrating grind for months has even gotten the best of me. I may add a bit more if we ever get that low
    Are you just riding it out with HIVE? I can't recall what it was when you first jumped in, what's your average position?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by s_havinga View Post
    Are you just riding it out with HIVE? I can't recall what it was when you first jumped in, what's your average position?
    im riding it out. most of my other holdings in the crpyto space are quite small. right now my avg are high 2s, I am still bullish on crpyto over all and buying at 2 and under has been my count for the longest time. it threw a curve ball technically when it had a 5 wave dead bounce.

hopefully this bloodbath in the sector and sentiment is exactly what the doctor needs to bottom out across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

gdx alt count

I would expect some strong action in the miner given gold's reversal yesterday, sadly it isnt moving like it should so an alt count could still see miners drop down into another 5 wave sequence down to the 22.5 area after it establishes a wave b bounce higher.

dont want to re-create another chart. orange count wave v of (c) underway. I may add one more position if gets near 22.50
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Been sitting on 100% cash (for my short term plays) for a couple of weeks now waiting to re-enter, and it looks like now is a great time to buy back in... Hate buying into the weekend though, so maybe I'll see how the things go on Monday before going on a shopping spree

My Ride

Who's adding HS on here? Slightly tempting.

I'm adding at 0.13
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    a tank

I think the entire MJ sector needs at least another 10% down from current levels, then the risk/reward count will begin to swing back into the bulls favor. a near panic into the close and possibly gap down monday then full reverse would be nice
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by VWEvo View Post
    I'm adding at 0.13
    I feel like HS is something you would hold for years, not something short term though.

Edit: On sidenote, all out miners on small loss. No more for me, I think the run is over.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-02-2018 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Crazy Oil is hovering around $65-66 yet the O&G companies like MEG/BTE/CVE/CPG are down ~20% from recent high to what they were trading at when Oil was ~$50... Seems like a great deal now to pick up some BTE at $3.5...

My Ride
    a tank

bte

while oil looks steady and can continue to extend and move higher, I just feel energy share hasnt really taken off like it should, it could still very well do this. but I am exiting all my energy shares here. Bte has two count a very bullish 1-2, 1-2 setup or a deeper wave 2 correction back under 3.00. I also want to see oil back test the 60-61.5 area so will take this risk for a better re-entry.

after all my focus is not with the energy sector right now

- - - Updated - - -

that is a pretty high target. if 5 wave is indeed completed, I see Jnug back in the 16s
    this was my last post on BTE, I knew something wasnt right when oil was making new highs and energy shares just couldnt catch a bid so I sold everything. the alt count is unfolding nicely, it even over shot my downside target. so if energy share is to make a run as long as oil holds above 60 and 70 on the horizon this year, this marks a very good spot. if I had cash I would also scale back in now at this level, but I am waiting to pull the trigger on other sectors as well which offers a higher return for the risk PM/MJ etc
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

The swings this week! I had a sell order for ACB at $15 but I pulled it! LOL It would have been a nice $7k profit lol Instead I watched it drop but bought some more at 10.48 and now it's even lower haha

Average cost $9 and only 1800 shares. Will see what next week brings. Some guys I know are holding 9000 shares oh man I can't even imagine watching that book value disappear. It's all relative. The Winklevoss twins went from billionaires to hundred millionaires in a flash with Bitcoin.

My Ride

Some already predicting the high in MJ sector already happened this year. Let's hope that's wrong but we'll see.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Thoughts on CANN?
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

I'm in wait and see mode for this whole market. I didn't really liquidate anything and i'm trying not to buy more of anything I already own, but I'm very tempted to add more HS if it goes any lower.

I was semi worried because the market as a whole fell enough that it could trigger a long term bigger fall, but after my mining stock tanked 8% for no reason i'm 90% convinced most of the sell off across all markets is idiots panicking. My mining stock had literally no reason to go down. It was slightly undervalued for hte current market already, they're expecting a crazy q4, zinc is at record highs still, stockpiles of zinc are falling like a stone dropped from an airplane, and the company is in real good shape....... and boom, 10 cent drop one morning for no reason.

Why I'm also not too worried about HS's current downturn is because pretty much everyone connected with that company as an insider bought in heavy in to that company all at the same time in January around the 18-19cent mark (from what I remember anyway).

MJ stuff I am terrified of, but I only have a very small exposure there so I dont really care too much.

What I actually want to buy in to again is CJ, as its a pretty good price as long as that dividend is sustainable, which tehre is no reason it shouldn't be at current oil prices. Pony is almost looking good again too; with q4 on the horizon I expect a quick and dirty boost in share prices, but I'd want to get the fuck out of that as soon as it spiked. That company is .

Some already predicting the high in MJ sector already happened this year. Let's hope that's wrong but we'll see.
    I don't get it how MJ is being punished so badly. We're easily 10x lower than the rest of the market per day. Holding. The companies I own could sell their real estate land holdings and be worth more than their stock price right now. Bought them based on their assets, 4 MJ licenses and their known product line. Now with Sessions first and next the market dip, I'm bag holding. People seem so afraid of US pot but in reality, more and more states keep voting to approve. He's a somewhat up to date map of what I am talking about.
    http://www.governing.com/gov-data/st...reational.html

The states with actual large population bases, are all approving this. To not own a Cali or Nevada producer is a big over sight.
    Hoping I can look back in a few years after a big tobbacco / Pharm / beverage company picks up the companies I own. But they probably won't until pot gets classified as a Schedule 2 drug on the federal level.

Page 1624 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1614 1623 1624 1625 1634 ... LastLast