Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1670 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1670 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1660 1669 1670 1671 1680 ... LastLast
Results 33,381 to 33,400 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

Oil

after topping out in a large wave B at around 66.x and had a slow wave 1 down. It may appear the start of wave 3 down (the big one) may be starting now
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Energy getting slaughtered again today. Adding SU and VET today.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suncor looks really attractive at that price
    Check out Precision Drilling!! at $2.50 that's an easy buy, hold, and wait.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I happen to know PD is putting pressure on departments to improve profitability this calendar year, or risk being fully axed. Could help prices in the long run either way.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Silverado

Fuck I hope the drop is not due to any leaked news coming out of the BC courts on limiting bitumen transport. Decision is supposed to come down tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    I happen to know PD is putting pressure on departments to improve profitability this calendar year, or risk being fully axed. Could help prices in the long run either way.
    I just know that historically 2$ is about the bottom for that stock. When they peaked around 4$ there a few weeks ago, I've been watching them to drop back down to a good entry point again. I've flipped PD for 50% gain 3 times now. They could still drop down more, but worst case I see right now is waiting till fall/winter for another big percentage return. I put in a good size purchase order yesterday afternoon, it hit my limit price right at closing time, order still says pending. So itching to see market open today.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Rewards could be great with Chinese Tech, but it sucks to put your luck into something that orange man could fuck up tremendously.

Edit: I'll buy under $40 USD, not at $50 though.
    TCEHY is damn close to hitting $40 right now!!!

NIO - jesus fuck that has taken a dive....for obvious reasons though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Fuck I hope the drop is not due to any leaked news coming out of the BC courts on limiting bitumen transport. Decision is supposed to come down tomorrow
    "B.C. Court of Appeal unanimously rules the province has no jurisdiction to enact legislation that would restrict the contents of the expanded pipeline"

https://calgaryherald.com/business/e...trans-mountain
    ---

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Suck it hippies

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

TSLA

i havent posted on TSLA before, and still wanting to take up a position but I still believe it is over priced. Ever since TSLA breaking below the 200 day moving average I am going to say we have already seen a full 5 wave move off the low in 2011. So my expectation is a serious decline which for some of us will be a fantastic opportunity to pick up for long term. With an immediate up trend line in the 16x, this could offer the initial big support/buyers jumping in for a quick gain. At best I only see TSLA having to back test the double over head resistance zone in the 255-270 area. Over time I want to see TSLA move down as low as the 60s. I may begin to scale in when it gets to the 115-140 area.

edit: to each their own. TSLA is definitely in a tough spot. I have a lot of technical traders expecting it to go down to 0 so the consensus is actually to short this one to zero. the 5th wave already looks like a failed 5th in EW terms. adding to the real possibility that TSLA has more trouble ahead even in a technical trading sense.

Last edited by SilverRex; 05-29-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

GOOS falling off a cliff this morning... -22%
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    a tank

SPX

the breakdown has finally begun. I did premature exit all my holdings in April (a wee bit too soon) thats ok. I rather be wrong then holding the bag during a significant decline. Today confirms a H&S breakdown target the low 2600. This will be the minimum target imo. Over all I am still expecting a move below the low in Dec 2018. No one really can say if the stock market has reached critical mass and we need to see much lower prices/valuation to fuel the next major bull market rally. The only bullish notion is that the rise off Dec to now is merely the final wave 1 of 5 of (3) which then can still give us another run target 3k+. However at this point, I would like to think the risk/reward for this does not justify having both my feet wet as the downside target and the ability to pickup shares in the low is more appealing. So as 2600 comes, I will begin to scale in extremely light and will begin add more aggressively the lower she goes. My ultimate goal is to ensure I have cash for an extreme scenario case where spx or the SM will backtest the 2016 low.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Had to take advantage of the weak hands on GOOS and back into the game with one stock. 35.52 avg Lmao

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Sold and realized most of my mutual fund gains. Should have done it a little bit earlier but oh well. Have been stockpiling cash for the past 6 months for next buying opportunities.

For you guys with S&P500/TSX ETF's, you moving it all back into cash (even with a loss) or keeping it in the market even if we enter into a recession?

Should probably go into the long-term thread but this is where all the posting takes place haha.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 05-29-2019 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I'm on the sideline with 100% cash, with the occasional HOU / HOD swing trade for fun. Had a few good runs here and there (e.g last week held HOD w/ oil going from $62/bb to $57/bb) but also a few unsuccessful attempts.

Some stocks are looking really tempting to pick but I'm trying really hard to resist.... I don't want to try and catch a falling knife...

My Ride
    a tank

SPX

Since exiting all my position and into cash, I have been waiting for the stock market to take a good size correction. With the H&S breakdown this week, it is projecting down to the 2600 area. (blue count) which means if this is all she can muster, then the next bullish target resumption is another wave 3 and 5 that will take spx over 3k.

an alt count (orange) is a wave C under Dec low. (which is actually what I prefer) this will offer a good risk/reward entry.

For the time being I am only expecting these two paths, while keeping in mind the Red box 2016 low is the ultimate landing spot for the next major recessional decline target. I do not expect this zone to be retested until spx achieves at least a new ATH or even a meltup scenario. However Since exiting all my position in April. I will be reserving 30% in cash if I get the counts wrong and that a major decline is underway and we will see 2016 low. Cash is king and so I have learned during the 2008 crisis that having ammo during a major stock crash in a once in a decade event can be as lucrative as holding a position for the entirety of your life.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Sold and realized most of my mutual fund gains. Should have done it a little bit earlier but oh well. Have been stockpiling cash for the past 6 months for next buying opportunities.

For you guys with S&P500/TSX ETF's, you moving it all back into cash (even with a loss) or keeping it in the market even if we enter into a recession?

Should probably go into the long-term thread but this is where all the posting takes place haha.
    You can’t lose money if you hold forever. Unless the world ends. Then who cares about your portfolio.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    GOOS falling off a cliff this morning... -22%
    Good time to buy

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Had to take advantage of the weak hands on GOOS and back into the game with one stock. 35.52 avg Lmao
    I did as well.

Page 1670 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1660 1669 1670 1671 1680 ... LastLast