Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1540 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1540 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1530 1539 1540 1541 1550 ... LastLast
Results 30,781 to 30,800 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

just a big picture bullish view on fcx. if it doesnt drop to 12s and contines to hold above 15-16. the longer it trades here, the more I sense a strong move will follow one way or the either.

how many 1-2 setups does it take before she explodes? we will see quite soon

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by secol
    yeah. i just remember VII - POU last year and VII sold the majority of their POU shares in the year of acquisition i think
    Other way around. POU got VII shares in the deal and have probably sold most by now.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    a tank

if there is still any more downside to energy, it has to turn back down now. energy shares are up against key resistance lines. any more upside momentum would create a very bullish structure.

as much as I want to get in oil play under 50.00, keep in mind that price has been very stable above 50 for the past month. and if price was to make a new high, this move could be a wave 3 move off the 50 area and the hunt towards the coveted 60-70 oil will resume.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

nak/ndm.to trade halted again. I think more bad press coming. at this rate, the super low target that nak could drop back down to sub 1 dollar could be realized sooner rather than later. best i sit on the side line to see how this develops.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by SilverRex
    if there is still any more downside to energy, it has to turn back down now. energy shares are up against key resistance lines. any more upside momentum would create a very bullish structure.

as much as I want to get in oil play under 50.00, keep in mind that price has been very stable above 50 for the past month. and if price was to make a new high, this move could be a wave 3 move off the 50 area and the hunt towards the coveted 60-70 oil will resume.
    What about fundamentals? What if OPEC doesn't cut anymore and US shale keeps ramping up production?

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

What about fundamentals? What if OPEC doesn't cut anymore and US shale keeps ramping up production?
    that does and can have a serious impact to oil prices. but personally I believe something else is brewing. for Opec to cut in 8 years may be a show of desperation.

Not in attempt to counter balance the shale industry, but rather what is coming. These guys are crooks and knows how things will unfold way before we ever do. by the time the retail sector gets wind, prices will have reflected and on the rise.

I believe in the peak oil theory and that it wont be long when production will drop faster before demand ever peaks.

I will be more worried about higher oil prices which could cripple the world economy and bring about the next major global recession.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

that does and can have a serious impact to oil prices. but personally I believe something else is brewing. for Opec to cut in 8 years may be a show of desperation.

Not in attempt to counter balance the shale industry, but rather what is coming. These guys are crooks and knows how things will unfold way before we ever do. by the time the retail sector gets wind, prices will have reflected and on the rise.

I believe in the peak oil theory and that it wont be long when production will drop faster before demand ever peaks.

I will be more worried about higher oil prices which could cripple the world economy and bring about the next major global recession.
    HELOC on Oil futures he we go! lol jk

My Ride
    Family Hauler

nak/ndm.to trade halted again. I think more bad press coming. at this rate, the super low target that nak could drop back down to sub 1 dollar could be realized sooner rather than later. best i sit on the side line to see how this develops.
    Coulda made some serious dough if I had the cajones if I got in when RSI bottomed or MACD crossed over... Unfortunately my investing cajones are tiny

My Ride
    a tank

gpl has been a very predictable charting ever since it bottomed in Oct/Nov last year. since then I believe I am counting it on the verge of completing 5 waves up. pending wave 5 doesnt extend (in black) the conservative expectation is to see it it find rejection in the 2.2 area then a more significant pull back begins.

personally I intend to remove some profit off the table in anticipation (similar to how I exited it in nak/ndm.to) while prematurely as more profits was left on the table. I just had to stick to my own exit strategy.

The only thing that worries me isnt seeing GPL drop back down to the rising trendline. but rather the potential upside if it takes out 2.2-2.25 area which would quickly push price to 3.00 imo.

unless I am counting this wrong and we are in the heart of wave 3 still where by the previous waves are actually 1-2, 1-2 and we just had our wave 1 of 3 move. If this is the case, then we would see price remain above 1.9 no matter what.

Last edited by SilverRex; 02-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Well considering your C wave of your 3-4 correction didnt go lower than A that would suggest you are still in wave 3

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

anyone in APH?

Shit has been on a tear last 2 days. I have a small position and had a buy order in yesterday to add but it did not get filled... fuark. Would have been up $0.50 already on that new position. Not sure if I want to enter now or wait for a possible pullback.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by riander5
    Well considering your C wave of your 3-4 correction didnt go lower than A that would suggest you are still in wave 3
    wave C does not always have to be lower than wave A, its more rare but happens. usually it is even more bullish in this setup they call it a running flat
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Does anybody have an opinion on Marksmen Energy? MAH.V?

If anybody's been following or has input that would be great, cheers

My Ride
    is broken

MAH.V. A Canadian company with interest in Ohio?

Seems like they dont have much right now and have done all their ROI calculations at 75/bbl.
    I personally dont see any huge red flags but unless something major happens in the oil world this is a long term investment.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    a tank

those who hold shares or interesting in Nak/Ndm.to

here is a report I came across

(ALERT

February 14, 2017

Urgent Update on Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK)

If you own shares of Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) you may know they fell more than 36% in the first hour of trading today.

Kerrisdale Capital, a New York-based hedge fund, issued a scathing report on the company. It also disclosed a short position in the company’s stock.

Northern Dynasty controls the world’s largest undeveloped gold deposit. Located in Alaska, the Pebble deposit didn’t stand a chance against onerous Obama-era EPA regulations. It does stand a chance at development during the Trump years.

In the report, Kerrisdale calls Northern Dynasty's gold hoard "worthless." They point to the company's massive development capital needs. It may need $7 billion, $8 billion, or even $10 billion to develop its project. With 70 million ounces of gold, 57 billion pounds of copper, and 344 million ounces of silver in the ground, those capital requirements don’t seem so daunting. A $100-per-ounce increase in the price of gold raises the project’s value by $7 billion… completely changing the picture of high development costs.

Kerrisdale also points to the company’s difficulty obtaining a mining permit. Pebble became a political issue. Obama even visited the region. He took photos with locals and made statements that hurt Pebble. Considering the region has roughly two residents per square mile, there’s no way he went there on his own to get votes.

When we recommended buying shares of NAK last August, we shared a YouTube video of Robert Redford. In it, he makes a passionate case against mining Pebble’s gold.

We predict President Trump’s EPA will be far less political than the one that preceded it. We also don’t think Trump answers to movie stars and billionaire liberals. Instead, he represents the people. At least that’s what we’ve seen so far. If it keeps up, his administration may see the massive economic value in developing Pebble.

Doug Casey visited Pebble last summer. He noted the minuscule portion of Bristol Bay affected by the deposit. He also noted the radical advances made in mining technology. Modern mines have a far less noticeable impact on the environment than they did in the 1970s or 1980s.

Finally, Kerrisdale points to the “low grade” of Pebble’s gold. In order to recover its 70 million ounces of gold, the company must move and process 6.5 billion tonnes of earth. That means it would pull one troy ounce of gold from every 91 tonnes of earth processed.

What Kerrisdale hasn’t considered is that the Pebble mine sits unencumbered, ready for open-pit mining. The deposit’s low grade would make it impossible to mine if it was buried a mile under the earth’s surface. That’s not the case.

We could have saved Kerrisdale a lot of time. We knew about all of Pebble’s problems years ago. The difference is we think a rising gold price and a mining-friendly administration are more important.

This is not our first run-in with Kerrisdale. Late last summer, the firm wrote a similar hit piece on First Majestic Silver Corp. (AG). In it, they called for the company’s shares to fall “70%–80%” from current levels. They also disclosed a short position in the company’s stock taken prior to publishing.

First Majestic shares fell on that news. The fall triggered our trailing stop loss, taking us out of our position. They later recovered. We re-entered the trade, and First Majestic returned to its proper place as one of the best silver-mining firms we know of.

For now, we’re maintaining our BUY recommendation.

BUY Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) up to $3 per share. Use a 50% trailing stop loss on the position.)

this explains the buying each time price dives near 2.00. personally I want to see a lower low then I will be interested.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by jacky4566
    MAH.V. A Canadian company with interest in Ohio?

Seems like they dont have much right now and have done all their ROI calculations at 75/bbl.
    I personally dont see any huge red flags but unless something major happens in the oil world this is a long term investment.
    Yep, they're the one.

I'm thinking about meeting with the CEO later this week to discuss the warrant options. I've always thought warrants were a bunch of trash that always expire before strike, but these ones sound somewhat interesting..

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Yep, they're the one.

I'm thinking about meeting with the CEO later this week to discuss the warrant options. I've always thought warrants were a bunch of trash that always expire before strike, but these ones sound somewhat interesting..
    Keep me posted. Im curious. Dont own but been following and have a copy of their dec presentation.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by KappaSigma

Keep me posted. Im curious. Dont own but been following and have a copy of their dec presentation.
    Will do.

Anybody thinking about getting into Source Energy's IPO?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-toronto-ipo

I've owned some MAH for a couple years now. Bought back when they were on the rise, and held it through their subsequent crash. I'm interested too, just for curiousity sake.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Originally posted by littledan
    anyone in APH?

Shit has been on a tear last 2 days. I have a small position and had a buy order in yesterday to add but it did not get filled... fuark. Would have been up $0.50 already on that new position. Not sure if I want to enter now or wait for a possible pullback.
    Yeah I have positions in APH, WEED, and ACB. APH is definitely the top performer for me
    Go Flames!

Page 1540 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1530 1539 1540 1541 1550 ... LastLast